Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Played On Kill City?

Go down 
+4
adams66
Donald
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Who Played On Kill City? Empty
PostSubject: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 am

The first stooges CD i bought was Penetration: Best of the Demos etc

its pretty much just Kill city with like tight pants/sick of you/scene etc

but im just wondering who played on the 'sessions' for kill city? was it the stooges, if not then how can they include this on a stooges best of, should it not be on an iggy best of considering theres only two stooges on it (altho it does have Iggy Pop in the largest letters on the front)

this is just to ask about the sesssions for kill city if there any other information on them

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:22 am

James Wiliamson:Guitars
Scott Thurston: Keyboards, Bass, Backing Vocals, Harmonica, Special Effects on: Kill City, Beyond the Law, Johanna, Night Theme.
Brian Glascock: Drums, Congas, African Beaters, Backing Vocals, Guiro.
Steve Tranio: Bass on: Sell Your Love, I got Nothing, No Sense of Crime.
Tony and Hunt Sales: Bass, Drums & Backing Vocals on: Lucky Monkeys, Master Charges.
JohnHardin:Saxophone
Gayna: Backing Vocals on: Night Theme
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:08 pm

i thought it was other musicians so how can they have most of kill city on a iggy pop & stooges compilation? weird, great CD tho
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Because the people putting this stuff out don't really know what it is. Record companies aren't run by fans they're run by businessmen.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 pm

spose but do all those guys get royalties or do the stooges, how does that work?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:21 pm

I doubt any of the musicians get royalties off all those dozens of repackagings of the 1973 rehearsals and Kill City tracks. I might be wrong but it seems like no-one actually owns the rights as these songs appear on so many different labels in so many different song orders...
Does anyone know who actually has the rights to this stuff anymore?? And, more importantly, who owns the master tapes? None of the cds that are out there seem to have had access to the actual original recordings.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:32 pm

oh rite, just wondering

well it was a great introductory CD i have to say

got a (former) girlfriend to buy one too, and she loved it

the only stooges conversion ive ever made - every one else hates em!

but that just makes them that muhc better
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 pm

It's hard to convert people to the Stooges isn't it? I find they either get it straight away and then love the band totally, or they just hate them. There's no middle ground.
My youngest daughter - she's 9 - likes Iggy's music, and lots of other stuff that I like too. Which is great. But my 11 year old really doesn't like it. And I gave up trying to convert my wife years ago!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:48 pm

My wife likes them and after years of brainwashing my kids like them too Smile . On the whole though I don't try and force them on people.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:32 pm

ha ha great story richard!!

yeh, i dont try and 'force' them either donald, like every couple days my friends and i get together adn stick out ipods into our amps and play a song each, one after the other, while drinking of course, lol

but yeh, i keep playin stooges and, well they hate stooges and the eyes actually roll sometimes! but when i put on iggy its just like, what the fuck is this? u'no, lol
its pretty funny, i think i've done it by accident tho, cos i talk about iggy so much, and can pretty much pull anthing around to incorporate the stooges or iggy lol

and they get quickly bored! but its entirely 'accidental' lol

but yeh its hard to get someone into stooges, tho i think its a good thing u'no, ljust means when u meet someone who likes themu'no their good, ha ha
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 pm

My parents and brother like them but I dont think any of them have ever listened to a Stooges album. None of my friends like them. They are an INCREDIBLY intense band though.

By the way, what the hell is a guiro?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 pm

oh its a special time in a boys life, when....

lol, i dunno, y?

yeh, my dad likes them now, since he saw them, thats the real way to show them to someone
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:38 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
oh its a special time in a boys life, when....

lol, i dunno, y?

Found out what it is! Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty#Physical_changes_in_males

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCiro
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm

lol thanks for the info G!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 pm

adams66 wrote:
It's hard to convert people to the Stooges isn't it? I find they either get it straight away and then love the band totally, or they just hate them. There's no middle ground.

yeah, you either 'get' them or you just don't!
wonder why...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 pm

As I've previously said I beleive its because they're so intense. They aren't background music and they aren't sing-a-long. Some of it is catchy for instance the chorus in "Loose" but nobodys going to sing that out loud or replicate Iggy's yelps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemmy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:23 pm

talking about converting people..... i went to a bbq at a friends house the other week and it got pretty messy, it ended with me and four of my friends stonking drunk in the front room while the owners of the house were asleep upstairs playing raw power... i didn't convert any of the four friends but they listened to the entire album while i babbled on about how amazing an album it was.... but, one of those friends is a massive rolling stones fan and i converted him to iggy solo stuff by playing him the kill city album.... i think its the stones-y riffs and the sax on it that swung the deal but he really likes it now! then i played new values and that clinched the deal.... i just think, like someone has already said, the stooges are jsut too intense to be introduced... you gotta find em on your own!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm

Quote :
the stooges are jsut too intense to be introduced... you gotta find em on your own!

well put

winning theory too i think, i love that intensity too!! ha ha

but thats just me - nd all of us! lol
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:59 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
The first stooges CD i bought was Penetration: Best of the Demos etc

its pretty much just Kill city with like tight pants/sick of you/scene etc

but im just wondering who played on the 'sessions' for kill city? was it the stooges, if not then how can they include this on a stooges best of, should it not be on an iggy best of considering theres only two stooges on it (altho it does have Iggy Pop in the largest letters on the front)

this is just to ask about the sesssions for kill city if there any other information on them

thanks
HJW

Penetration is actually the best "bootleg" you can buy if you want to get the best of the unreleased stuff... And this disc is actually official, so it's a part of ig's disco. The record company who put out the disc had/has a deal with Iggy, so he gets royalties and everything from this release... and it probably has the best quality version's of the songs, too. And not to mention the Johanna original version without the sax. And like you said the title says Iggy Pop and The Stooges, so it’s actually correct, as it is Iggy Pop (solo) and The Stooges Compilation.

Talking about "converting". It's not easy with the stooges or Iggy solo work... My girlfriend likes 'raw power', 'lust for life' and 'the passenger'... she call's them happy songs, and dances to them... and she really hates 'African man'... she hates when I play the song, and she always start singing it afterwards! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Played On Kill City?   Who Played On Kill City? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Played On Kill City?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: