Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges Last Ever European Tour?

Go down 
+3
Nadja
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Empty
PostSubject: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm

http://www.praguemonitor.com/en/424/events_in_prague/28109/

Don't miss what may be the last European tour of Iggy Pop. The US "Godfather of Punk" and one of the most dynamic stage performers will play with The Stooges Saturday at Prague's Sparta Arena. Czech bands Vypsaná FiXa and Visací zámek will open the show at 7pm. Tickets for CZK 1,100.

To warm up for Iggy, go see The Black Box Revelation. The Belgian alternative rock band, inspired by White Stripes, Led Zeppelin and, of course, The Stooges, will play at Prague's Palác Akropolis on Friday, 7:30pm.

is this serious? or just tryna hype them up?

it better not be the last european tour!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:08 pm

whaaat?
cb?...what is this?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Sounds like promoter hype to me.
I mean how many times have we been told that this 'might be the last ever Rolling Stones tour' - that's been mentioned at some point on every tour since 1981...

But, I do wonder how long Iggy can keep up this level of performance. It's tiring enough just watching the guy! Imagine the sheer amount of energy that he uses up each gig.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Quote :
But, I do wonder how long Iggy can keep up this level of performance. It's tiring enough just watching the guy! Imagine the sheer amount of energy that he uses up each gig.

thats true, i often wonder that, its a privalege to have seen him

he's lookin pretty ragged, like i saw him there in june, and he looked like an old rag doll, like his limbs looked like they were held together with strings, lol

amean he's always kinda looked like tht, but in comparison to when i first saw him in 2006, in june as well actually, but he looked like he was made of gold or something, u'no looked really fit nad strong, and its thats just in two years u'no, i dunno how long he can go b4 he does some serious damage, like breaking a leg, or falling off the stage, or being pushed - did u see what happened to the oasis guy, some dick pushed him off the stage

so he's gotta be careful, but even from himself, jumpin round and slippin on mud or water or gettin a cold from the water, but i spose jumpin around and the lights n all he's pretty warm up there

i dunno, i do think abotu this, and hope he's careful, but i think he's one of those, i think it was chuck berry or bb king or someone said that they'll die on stage, u'no theyll keep touring until they die u'no

and iggys the same theres no way he's gunna stop voluntarily, only a bad injury or death will stop him, hopefully neither come, but i dont think itll be the last tour, european or otherwise, esp if they wanna get that album out
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 pm

adams66 wrote:
Sounds like promoter hype to me.
I mean how many times have we been told that this 'might be the last ever Rolling Stones tour' - that's been mentioned at some point on every tour since 1981...

hehe...The Stones will NEVER stop touring, or at anyrate the world will end first.

I agree with you Richard about this 'promoter hype' stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah hope so yr right that it's promoter's hype!

hmm..HJW..to me Iggy's health and body condition seem pretty good.
It surprised me how many gig's they booked this year
do you think they/he would take the risk if there would be a doubt if Iggy could manage it physically?
have to agree.....he's getting so totally into it during a concert..stage diving and stuff...still taking these huge risks. probably yr right that he'll never stop voluntarily. Seems to me he enjoys the gigs tooooo much..

I'd worry more for the other guys Scotty and Ron...if they can manage going on with that killing concert schedule. They look more exhausted.

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 pm

How many times have we thought "how long can Iggy keep it up?", hell, people have been saying crap like that since 1969.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
How many times have we thought "how long can Iggy keep it up?", hell, people have been saying crap like that since 1969.

haha, that is true! good point G!
Back to top Go down
Muddslide

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 1:47 am

When the rest of us mere mortals have passed from this veil, Iggy and Keef will remain standing.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:00 pm

ZinZin wrote:
I'd worry more for the other guys Scotty and Ron...if they can manage going on with that killing concert schedule. They look more exhausted.
if ronnie and scott couldn't handle the load--iggy has the opening for getting a new crew and doing his epic back-catalogue of solo stuff...

...and, OBVIOUSLY, that "last tour"bullshit is just hype...
Back to top Go down
opaloka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:31 am

i saw them in July 2007 here in Athens front row. It is innatural this person continue to act like that... That's Iggy! I hope for another visit to Athens soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Last Ever European Tour?   Stooges Last Ever European Tour? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges Last Ever European Tour?
Page 1 of 1