Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They played Raw Power in Russia!

Go down 
+6
mc
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Nadja
G, F#, E
adams66
cb
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

They played Raw Power in Russia! Empty
PostSubject: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:45 pm

They played Raw Power at the Russian gigs!

More later sunny

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:53 pm

St Petersburg setlist

Loose
Down On The Street
I wanna be your Dog
TV Eye
Real Cool Time
No Fun
Fun House/L.A. Blues
Skull Ring
Search & Destroy
My Idea of Fun
I Got A Right

ENCORE

Trollin'
Little Electric Chair
Little Doll
Raw Power cheers

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Excellent !!!!
Great news.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm sorry but I don't see this as good news at all. Why can't they play some 1971 stuff instead? At least Ron was on guitar in it. Crying or Very sad Could Iggy be turning Ron and Scott into just another backing band?

And whatever happened to "Dirt"? In my opinion every track on "Fun House" is gold but "Dirt" is somehow even better than the rest of them. Its probably the most powerful song ever written.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:24 pm

haha, wonder how long it's taken Ron to learn up these songs. Still, he does make anything sound good of course.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm

I can sort of understand Ron playing "Search And Destroy" as hes said its one of two Raw Power songs he likes (the other being "Penetration") and "I Got A Right" as it was played in 1971 but WHY Raw Power?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Because he's being coerced into it of course!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Is there any recording of this song ???? on youtube or anything ??? Shocked

WOW. This will ROCK ! Freaking Out
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 pm

...and because it's a great live, high energy track.

Doubt they'll ever play any 71 stuff other than I got a Right - most people won't have ever heard it before.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I can sort of understand Ron playing "Search And Destroy" as hes said its one of two Raw Power songs he likes (the other being "Penetration")?

maybe he'll be trying 'Penetration' next then!!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:40 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I can sort of understand Ron playing "Search And Destroy" as hes said its one of two Raw Power songs he likes (the other being "Penetration") and "I Got A Right" as it was played in 1971 but WHY Raw Power?

this is great news

btw theyre hardly a backing band, these guys played it back in 72-74 so theyre hardly like the trolls in terms of backing bands, they are the stooges! lol

but i think this is great news, if not for ron now playin raw power stuff, just for the fact that the stooges are playin new (sort of) songs, and a mixed up set list

and btw, we dont know if ron was coerced or not, we havent heard from him personally, maybe he likes playin the songs? iggy could hardly make him play somethin he didnt want to, since they were doin fine b4 adding these songs and really most ppl they play for (festivals) wont know them anyway, esp i got a right, so they're really for us, the fans u'no
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Iggy nagged Ron for over a year to play "Search And Destroy", I think Ron just gave in.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Of course I didn't mean it seriously that Ron was 'coerced' into doing anything, they just needed to add to their setlist I guess. But of course I'd love them to do brand new songs too, as I've said before.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:38 am

It's great news they're playing different stuff. The setlist was stale and predictable. I think they should mix it up more. They should get rid of the stage invasion as it disrupts the flow of the set. I know it's partly there to give Scott a breather but it's getting a bit tiresome.
I'm not sure who these people at festivals are who don't know Search and Destroy or Raw Power. They are generally much better known than the Fun House stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:46 am

Donald wrote:
I'm not sure who these people at festivals are who don't know Search and Destroy or Raw Power. They are generally much better known than the Fun House stuff.

true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Donald wrote:
They should get rid of the stage invasion as it disrupts the flow of the set. I know it's partly there to give Scott a breather but it's getting a bit tiresome.
hohohohoho...don't agree at all with you Donald!! These invasions r making the gig a real Stooges one!!
As Iggy's stage diving and interactions with the audience.

Agree it's not so much of an coherent concert where you can listen at, getting it served well...with the music build up as you like...when there r stage invasions. Yep than it's getting chaotic...with people on stage getting loose. hejhej...cuz boundaries r taken away with the whole performance.. so these people can feel what it is sweating and screaming/jumping on stage and if they want they can go totally near to every band member....

These interactions and stage invasions r building up a physical tension..with the music which is steady and going on strong. The physical contact and craze of that audience..strongly tangible for Iggy is firing him on.
It has a reason why he invites the people coming on stage..guess the same reason why he get's into the crowd.

From a distance or on these video's it seems all the same..these invasions..looks even boring. But if you look well than you can see it's every time a different thing....think always surprising for the band/Iggy and the people...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 pm

I wondered if anyone would disagree with that remark Wink
I suppose it does make Stooges shows stand out from other bands. They nearly called a halt to the stage invasions after Leeds last year when one of the Stooges' crew was injured, maybe they're riding their luck a bit.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:14 pm

I really hope they keep the invasions. I didn't go up on the stage the first time I saw them, I wanted to be in the front all the gig through. I want to try to be on the stage with IGgy to hehe.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Just be creative, Last year in Detroit, I got onstage AND got right back in front. Just be smooth.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES: I'm a well built scandinavian. I need every bit of energy I can get right now, since the sun is just up 4 hours per day where I'm at.
I can't squeeze through the fence and the people behind it Wink
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Borntohula wrote:
, since the sun is just up 4 hours per day where I'm at.
Wink

At the other extreme, I've always wanted to see the midnght sun too sunny
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 am

Nadja wrote:
Borntohula wrote:
Wink

Hehe yeah. The summers here are a blast. Only problem is that the tents tend to get really warm since the sun lays it shine on it all night long.

And yeah. We got the Aurora lights up and going up here too. You know, the colors in the skies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Borntohula wrote:
Hehe yeah. The summers here are a blast. Only problem is that the tents tend to get really warm since the sun lays it shine on it all night long.

And yeah. We got the Aurora lights up and going up here too. You know, the colors in the skies.
sounds good! hope once to experience this all. how hot can it maximal get in summer? such a strange idea..hot in the north of Europe..yeha..cuz the sun doesn't go down. wow
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Borntohula wrote:
Nadja wrote:
Borntohula wrote:
Wink

the Aurora would be beautiful to see... mind you we do get them here in my country too, SCOTLAND...at the northernmost edge, the Shetland islands and all, I haven't been THAT far north though
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Nadja wrote:
the Aurora would be beautiful to see... mind you we do get them here in my country too, SCOTLAND...at the northernmost edge, the Shetland islands and all, I haven't been THAT far north though

Hehe I don't mind on others getting to see the same things I'v seen. but I didn't think people that south as the brittish isle could see such things.
I thought it was some lone payoff for all the cold we have up here hehe.
But I could see that it's possible. Many Scandinavian, through the vikings, invaded it long ago.

Do mind that I belive most people from somewhere near england to be people from england. Sorry for that hehe. But then, I foremost hear that I must be from Ireland thanks to how I speak english as a swede.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They played Raw Power in Russia!   They played Raw Power in Russia! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They played Raw Power in Russia!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next