Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com

Go down 
+5
mc
MJG196
Shakes
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Empty
PostSubject: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 am

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=245785

King of Punk Iggy Pop Recruited to Front GBP25 Million Car Insurance Ad Campaign

LONDON, January 2 /PRNewswire/ --

- With Photos

swiftcover.com, the UK's only online insurance company, is launching a major GBP25 million advertising campaign fronted by 70's rock icon Iggy Pop. Launching Sunday, 4 January 2009, the new campaign marks a step change in car insurance advertising.

Created by advertising agency MWO, the campaign launches swiftcover.com's new strategy "Get a Life", using Iggy Pop to highlight the time saving hassle-free service provided by the wholly online insurance company. In the ads, Pop will be embracing his "online life" and how it provides efficiencies and cost savings to enable consumers to "Get a Life".

One execution of the TV advert underlines the convenience of safely storing documents online, with Iggy reminiscing that he hasn't seen his birth certificate for years. Another focuses on the time saved using swiftcover.com's service, particularly the ability to request a quote in 60 seconds.

Media has been planned by Spark Media and Steak Media, and includes TV, radio, outdoor and digital advertising, along with swiftcover.com's new sponsorship of Sky's 2009 Sci-Fi season.

Tina Shortle, marketing director at swiftcover.com, said, "The new campaign is an exciting step for swiftcover.com and one which we think will create great stand out in this highly competitive marketplace. As the only online insurer, we feel this new and unique approach reflects our positioning as a young and innovative company."

Tim Mortimer, managing director at MWO said, "The insurance market is not known for great advertising, and we took the opportunity to change that. Our online lives can give us the ability to run our lives better and more efficiently. I don't think anybody has explained this properly through a big advertising strategy, until now."

Note to Editors:

Pictures accompanying this release are available through the PA Photowire. It can be downloaded from http://www.pa-mediapoint.press.net or viewed at http://www.mediapoint.press.net or http://www.prnewswire.co.uk.

Distributed by PR Newswire on behalf of Swiftcover.com
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Surely this is a joke, if it is, its incredibly funny. If not, its incredibly embarassing. It could be real though, who thought John Lydon would advertise butter?

Please Iggy don't.

Suicide2
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:39 pm

i used to feel the same way about these things. i didn't see it as "selling out" because if he sold out it would be doing something against what you don't want to do. as far as we know iggy can't be on hard times...so maybe he just thought this was cool and agreed to it.

at this point .. any iggy is good iggy. haha.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm

I think its Iggy wanting more money to be honest. Like you said I don't see it as "selling out", I see it as greed. I'm really disappointed in Ig about this one. Sure its his choice about what he does but hell, its embarassing.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 am

i dunno, i think its cool, itll be on tv, as shakes said any iggy is good iggy lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:40 am

Its Iggy getting paid to adverise car insurance. Thats not good Iggy.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:01 am

suppose, but amean, royal carribean cruises lol

i dunno, it'd'b cool to see it on tv and everything, and like you say he's not in need of money anymore so there must be a (good) reason for doing this
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:40 am

I think after being ignored for most of his career, over the past few years he is finally receiving the recognition he has always deserved. Now, he has advertisers banging on his door...good for him.

We don't know his money situation. It may be great, or he may have lost a ton in the market crash. I dunno and I don't care. If he sold tampons I'd cheer him on even more!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:40 pm

I've just seen the advert, its...different Laughing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:52 pm

thats right mg196, he couldve lost money in the crash, never thought about that, though he's good with money, he's got like 7 properties hasnt he? and he was the one who gave the - if you wanna save money put it in chinese/persia rugs and stuff like that advice!

when did u see it, or what channel?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:06 pm

I saw it at about 1 today on Paramount comedy. Its basically a fast paced montage of a bare-chested Iggy talking about car insurance and posing. It made me laugh Laughing Its obviously tongue-in-cheek.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 pm

ooh cool, ill have to look out for it then!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 am

Saw the ad a couple of times on Channel 5 last night - they've given Iggy purple eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:26 pm

mc wrote:
.. they've given Iggy purple eyes.
oh nooooooo.. Vomit
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:42 pm

saw it today, it was really cool actually, funny, liked it, and dont worry zin, the purple eyes thing is a motif thing, purple white and black i think, dunno only seen it once, its a cool ad though, hopefully someone'll post it on youtube soon, should swiftcover not have it on their website?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:01 pm

why all the fuss over this advert? Iggy can do what he likes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Nadja wrote:
why all the fuss over this advert? Iggy can do what he likes.
oh yeh.. ofcourse yr totally right Nadja! Iggy doesn't mind at all whoever or his fans think about this.. i'm pretty sure of that. I wish Iggy all the money, all the luck and all the fun there is!!!
But that doesn't mean I wanna know, think about or wanna see all he does.. you know.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeah I know but when you see one of your favourite musicians doing something like that, you cringe a bit. Laughing

I saw it again today, I still don't get why they chose Iggy, its not even one of his songs that plays in the background.

Surely you'd think they're a car insurance company and one of Iggy's most famous songs is "The Passenger". But no.

This on the other hand is just plain funny:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xt3DkU3yZY

"Make room for Iggy!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm

ano what you mean, it is strange they chose iggy, esp since their press release thing is like ''it shows us as an innovative and young company'' yet their new image is a 61 year old jumping around lol

the motorola ad is really cool, i like that ad
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Saw the advert earlier, funny but baaaad! Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 pm

I know what you mean. Did he even talk about car insurance? confused
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 pm

honestly don't know, it's all too much of a rushed fast blur, i swear he was wearing shiny body glitter lol.

Oh well, any excuse for iggy to be on TV is fine by me Haha
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:37 pm

yeh its kinda dopey, and he's not like most people where they tell you about it he's like "i use it cause it saves time for me to..." whatever u'no

its cool tho, i livke it, like you said emma, and iggy on TV is cool!

it was at every ad break when i was watchin futurama today, was really cool, hope it doesnt get annyoin cause i hate ads
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Yeahh true, i hate adverts, especially normally insurance adverts, but i think i can cope with this one Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm

yeh this ones cool, awh u'no what i really fuckin hate - why do they make ads like 30% louder than programs, a program takes and ad break and suddenly theres this huge burst and you're reaching for the remote to turn it down, that annoys me so much, but yeh, this one will be alright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com   I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Think I Wanna Use SwiftCover.Com
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next