Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action new Stooges

Go down 
+51
comaman
popmansam
regufr
dorianmode
Rode Hard
Blitzkid
sheddy
dtklamf
Rob Gallucci
people
theclarkness
jerrythebarman
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Aku
mark
Stranger09
ggriffin
effectfreak
Donald
cb
larry fine
citizensmurf
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
neven
trailerborn
Garageman
Loose1969
iggy-fan
Borntohula
Shakes
heavy liquid
TED
Iguanas
napalm_cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
pernil
Nitebob
soldier
Luzern
JW82
the5thramone37
dynamite boogie
Monger
23rd Express
adams66
Nadja
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 am

Guys, I know you have all the technical expertise and skill but how can you even THINK of tampering with any of Dave's bass parts like this, even for a 'project' Angry
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Because people have different opinions?

The key word is "project".

People can do things out of curiousity, to see what happens.

Did you refuse to buy the Kill City album on principle, because James Williamson added overdubs to help sell it, after the fact?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:00 pm

PS

I'm more than aware of the "tampering", "insult" etc etc implications.

I think any of us are more than capable of keeping the results of anything that does happen here labelled as an experiment.

Just say - shock horror - if the track got 'out' 'unlabelled'...well worse things have happened and will do.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm not one of the "Stooges - Ron, can't be the Stooges" camp. I've also done a bit of trading with JLTS and listened to many of his Stooges guitar licks which are pretty damn good. I'm just interested in how his bass could sound along with this track, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

larry fine wrote:
Wait a minute... there is an uproar all over this site about Iggy calling his band The Stooges if they continue without Ron and James Williamson rejoins as the guitarist, but now there are plans to add bass parts to a Stooges live bootleg and not only does no one care but people are signing up for copies? I mean, what one chooses to do in the privacy of one's own home with someone else's art is a personal choice and I suppose anything goes. When it begins to be distributed via the interweb and soon starts spreading around the world like a virus (as these things do) it becomes, to my mind, a wholly other thing. Maybe I'll add a flute break to Search and Destroy or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir harmonizing to Dirt.

It doesn't feel appropriate to me. It ain't the end of the world, for sure, but it is skating on thin ice with someone else's art. I'm just saying...

you mean something like Elektra adding Hammond Organ to Down on the Street / I Feel Alright without any of the Stooges knowing Smile and they didn't find out for 30 years Smile
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Stranger09 wrote:
Did you refuse to buy the Kill City album on principle, because James Williamson added overdubs to help sell it, after the fact?

Smile

Uhh, last time I checked James cowrote,produced, played guitar on and owned the publishing on HIS music. Not exactly the same thing.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 pm

mc wrote:
you mean something like Elektra adding Hammond Organ to Down on the Street / I Feel Alright without any of the Stooges knowing Smile and they didn't find out for 30 years Smile

Right or wrong Elektra owned the tapes, paid for the recording, etc. Again it is not the same thing.

If someone who was not part of this clique announced that they were adding parts to Iggy / Stooges recordings I can only imagine the resultant outcry. If it is wrong for anyone to do it then it is wrong for everyone to do it.

And once again I will state that I realize it is not the end of the world. It does, however, feel wrong.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:44 pm

I understand where you're coming from Larry, I hope the few of us that post often here aren't seen as too cliquey, I think there's 20 or 30 of us that really keep the board flowing nicely.

Basically I was just interested in what JLTS could do, more from a music editing technical point of view - how well he can make his bass sound a part of the original song. I'd probably only listen to his version once and certainly not web-share it.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:01 pm

I found this which might be interesting for anyone who wants to do a bit of simple home mixing - http://www.recordingwebsite.com/articles/eqfreq.php
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

mc wrote:
I understand where you're coming from Larry, I hope the few of us that post often here aren't seen as too cliquey, I think there's 20 or 30 of us that really keep the board flowing nicely.

Basically I was just interested in what JLTS could do, more from a music editing technical point of view - how well he can make his bass sound a part of the original song. I'd probably only listen to his version once and certainly not web-share it.

Apologies - I did not mean clique in a negative way. I would guess that I am becoming a part of the clique or group or tribe or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Well whatever, you can all do what you want of course, it's just I consider whatever Dave did (or didn't do) sacrosanct, haha. I get precious about him

And Stranger, I've never bought the Kill City album

Last edited by Nadja on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Quote :
I've never bought the Kill City album

wow, you have to get this album Nadja, its a hugely important part of both iggy and the stooges careers, and its a fantastic album anyway

just a shame we dont have the original 'rocks like a motherfucker' version, the version released is quite muddy, still amazing, but you listen to it and think, 'how great this could have been', still least we have it
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:36 pm

mc wrote:
I'm not one of the "Stooges - Ron, can't be the Stooges" camp. I've also done a bit of trading with JLTS and listened to many of his Stooges guitar licks which are pretty damn good. I'm just interested in how his bass could sound along with this track, nothing more.

Thankyou MC. I'm not trying to make anyone upset, and hope I didn't. But it's not messing w/ daves bass parts because he wasn't actually playing on the track... it's bassless.. all I wanted to do was give it some bottom, and see rougly how it "might have sounded" and had no intentions of sharing it via internet... I would post the link to my cleaned up bassless original version, and for anyone who wants it on THIS fourm, I could post a link to hear the version with my bass... no big deal... just a little experiment, and you odn't have to listen to it if you odn't want to... if i'm out of line I will forget about adding bass... sorry if I offended anyone.

I will work on cleaning up the original. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 pm

[quote

Last edited by Nadja on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:54 pm

larry fine wrote:
mc wrote:

Apologies - I did not mean clique in a negative way. I would guess that I am becoming a part of the clique or group or tribe or whatever it is.

debate is always good and there's a lot of it on this forum. I really appreciate input from you guys connected to the Stooges and who actually got to see them back in the day - you probably take that record I reckon Larry, maybe along with Nitebob. Then we've got the historians like Paul, Richard and Per. Hey it's a great forum!
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:48 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:

Thankyou MC. I'm not trying to make anyone upset, and hope I didn't.

Honestly, I am not upset. I found it odd that on a board that (at least sometimes) doesn't consider the band worthy of the name Stooges if Williamson is the guitarist, that no one thought it wrong to add bass parts to an existing track. I would never consider trying to add myself to anyone's recordings - and I have a small studio and the ability to do it. I wouldn't paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa either just because she doesn't have one. But, hey, that's just me and this would be a pretty fucked up world if everyone thought like me! I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Now, when is that Easy Action 1971 box coming out?
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:08 pm

no mention of it on the latest news bulletin,last one said "announcement soon"..however,the MC5 box seems to be getting a reish,as well as up coming motorhead and pistols projects,which is ok by me,but im chomping at the bit for the 71 set
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Monger wrote:
no mention of it on the latest news bulletin,last one said "announcement soon"..

yeh, I was just thinking about that ... they said March and it's well into April now
I hope they aren't just going to procrastinate all the time!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:50 pm

yeh, im dying to even just hear word about the boxset! i dont care if its coming out next year, as long as we get a date, or some news or something!

also, good news about the MC5 boxset, always wondered to get it or not, as i had some of the stuff, although i think i'll go for it now, if the bank balance allows me to

hope we hear something soon about the boxset and the iggy san francisco 79 thing too

come on EasyAction!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Throughout my week away I was really excited about the boxset because I figured that it must be out by the end of March. After a week with no computer I came back and I found nothing. No boxset! Hurray up Easy Action!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 pm

they've updated the website, entitled "i think i hear it coming...head on"

here is a schedule for all the labels for next 3 months
Iggy Pop Where the faces shine vol.2 Uk May 25th
MC5 Purity Accuracy the box set May 25th
SRB Sonics Rendezvous band Box May 25th
Ava & The Astronettes May 25th
Nikki Sudden & Phil Shoenfelt Golden Vanity (Troubadour) 25th May
Jacobites Howling Good Times Special" (Troubadour) July
The Complete UP (Applebush) June
Quicksilver Messenger Service Maiden of the Cancer Moon (Applebush) July
Iggy Pop Hitch Hike Californie San Fran 79 (Applebush) July
Maple Bee Home (Xie) June: Universal Uk
Jim McCarty Sitting on the top of time (Troubadour) June
Vertigo Angels Eradicate Apathy (Xie) July

Stuff the bossman is working on :
MC5 / Primal Scream DVD
Joy Division
Motorhead
Pink Fairies
Sex Pistols
Nikki Sudden box set
Epic Soundtracks
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 pm

looking forward to the complete up and the iggy hitchhiking thing, and the MC5 boxset and the what i assume to be the MC5/Primal Scream meltdown gig

but....

NO NEWS ON THE 1971 BOXSET!!!!

OR STOOGES AT ALL!!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
but....

NO NEWS ON THE 1971 BOXSET!!!!

OR STOOGES AT ALL!!!

The Stooges boxset is very undercover at the moment for good reason, can't say anything more that that. However I thought it would be out by March.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 pm

How do you know?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 pm

the5thramone37 wrote:
How do you know?

Emailing Easy Action a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action new Stooges
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next