Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?

Go down 
+12
Lucas
Borntohula
JW82
homesickjameswilliamson
heavy liquid
cb
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
G, F#, E
Donald
jimmyo
Loose1969
webmaster@iggy-pop.com
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 am

cb wrote:
I like BeBe Buell's recollections of members of both bands, he he study

So...is the band breaking up? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

Lucas wrote:
I feel the same. We have been seeing the stooges as much as we clould, even traveled to England and France for shows, but the setlist was very predictable. Last year I more than once said that I wanted to see Iggy solo again some time

It was predictable for Scott. It was specially designed so Scott could have a bit of a rest.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Hey, you guys don't like Zep, I don't like punk. So we're even.

But we all love The Stooges, and that's all that matters here. Smile

Most people do not like, can't stand or hate punk Smile At least I get it when someone says it. In my opinion, Zeps are quite overrated. True, we all love the Stooges Very Happy But we can tolerate each other even without that aspect Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:49 am

Imagine if Iggy decided to take Steve Jones as Rhythm guitar and bought in James Williamson on lead. That would be amazing. Not as the stooges, but it would be a cool rock n roll/punk band. Do Anarchy, Raw Power, Kill City type stuff.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 am

Loose1969 wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
cb wrote:
re: Steve Jones going on tour with The Stooges replacing Ron. False. The Stooges are not touring 2009.

cb
http://iggypop.org

I'm not surprised. The question is: is the band breaking up?

My guess is that they'll take their time, regroup and make a decision later. That's what Zep did when Bonham died.

I don't know what I'm hoping for myself. That's a toughie..

Stop talking about Led Zeppelin on my forum! Whack

Suicide

There, are you fucking happy now? Laughing

Not really. I don't really want you to die. Unless you're saying the way you will stop talking about them is if you die...

Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:41 am

heavy liquid wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
cb wrote:
re: Steve Jones going on tour with The Stooges replacing Ron. False. The Stooges are not touring 2009.

cb

My guess is that they'll take their time, regroup and make a decision later. That's what Zep did when Bonham died.

Suicide

Not really. I don't really want you to die. Unless you're saying the way you will stop talking about them is if you die...
Shit, it's not as though I bring them up constantly. Laughing

By the way, Scott Asheton is king of the skins! So there. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:25 am

Loose1969 wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
cb wrote:

cb

Suicide

Shit, it's not as though I bring them up constantly. Laughing

By the way, Scott Asheton is king of the skins! So there. Razz

Yay. Thats better! cheers

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 am

I suspect that Steve Jones' comments were tongue in cheek if indeed he ever made them. Quite apart from anything else, he absolutely hates touring and readily admits that he only does it for the money.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I've got to go against the grain here. I love Dave A & James W's roles in The Stooges history, and I can see how the band could continue without them, but without all 3 of Ron, Scott & Iggy together, it's not The Stooges. And I say that as someone who loves The Pistols. However, I hope Scott continues working with Iggy (if he wants to) under a new band name or just under Iggy's name.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:04 pm

I really do hope I'm very wrong, and very probably I will be Smile but somehow I get the feeling Scott isn't going to continue with Iggy, certainly not long-term. I just get the feeling things will revert back to the way they were, before the reunion, just separate projects for all of them
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm

I would like to see Scott stay working with Iggy, but to be honest, what I hope above all else, is that if Scott wants to continue making music, then he should get the respect he fully deserves to be able to go on in his own right, without Iggy (IF that's what they both want to do!) There must be quite a queue of musicians who would love to work with Scott. Unless he, personally, wants to step away from music, I really hope he will continue to get the acclaim he deserves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?   Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Jones talks about joining the Stooges again ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2