Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?

Go down 
+28
Radiobirdman73
Perdu
JW82
mc
GONZIGGY
Bella
popmansam
adams66
Petrie Terrace
Hectorlovesthestooges
Donald
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
heavy liquid
trailerborn
homesickjameswilliamson
Iguanas
ChinLee
studioguy
Natalie
MJG196
Nadja
larry fine
Paul T
jared
Funhousehideaway#2
G, F#, E
sweet_sixteen
Nitebob
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:51 am

Bella wrote:
I think I know that guy!!!!!

what??? explain... Shocked
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 am

You know Chin Lee?
Back to top Go down
GONZIGGY

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:11 am

hello
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:55 am

oh?

Last edited by ChinLee on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bella

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 am

University of Catania, Italy. I met him about 10 years ago! His brother, or cousin was one of my agriculture professors. They called him Giacomo e' Roccamo. But of course we knew his real name was Giacomo Recca. Oh this is cool!
Back to top Go down
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:03 pm

He would take us on dives sometimes with the archeology dept., really smokin boat, and to go to the islands because it was too hot really for class in the summer months. I always wondered about him and who he was, because he was involved with some music guys from the University who make guitars, and one of them told me he was in a rock band in America.
Back to top Go down
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 pm

I was thinking about that summer and was looking up his name on the internet cause I was curious who he really was, and if those stories were true and I found this forum. I'm sure this is him.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Bella wrote:
I was thinking about that summer and was looking up his name on the internet cause I was curious who he really was, and if those stories were true and I found this forum. I'm sure this is him.

Where are you from?? because you sound like Chin Lee with another name lol!
Back to top Go down
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't know Mr. Lee, he's pretty funny, but that is not a nice description of a woman no matter, please no offense.

I read his posts with much interest though and I must admit a chuckle or two. I believe we very well may speak of the same person. I can't verify too much of what Mr. Lee said though, but I did not get the impression Giacomo was hiding from anyone. He is involved with the archeology dept. and school of antiquities. And they do have an organic farm that I have been to.

I live as a teacher at a Catholic school for girls in Maine, USA for 8 months and then I return to school and family in Sicily. I have been reading all these posts and looked at the pictures.

Giacomo's cousin Antonino is my friend and mentor at school. Hope this helps. Bella.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:48 pm

http://www.paesietneioggi.net/images/prof.%20recca.JPG

Is this Antonino Recca? Jimmy's cousin?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Now it seems like everyone but us knows Jimmy Recca!! I wish the real one would show up!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

hhmmmmmmmmmmm!
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't know what to think. At first, me and Studioguy (I think) sent a message to Jimmy on classmates (or a fake Jimmy) and suddenly appeared Chin Lee with all these stories. And now when the thread is alive again...suddenly appears Bella with more stories related to the ones which Chin Lee told us. I think none of them are stooges fans because they didn't posted in some other topics...Maybe I'm wrong but...who knows?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
I don't know what to think. At first, me and Studioguy (I think) sent a message to Jimmy on classmates (or a fake Jimmy) and suddenly appeared Chin Lee with all these stories. And now when the thread is alive again...suddenly appears Bella with more stories related to the ones which Chin Lee told us. I think none of them are stooges fans because they didn't posted in some other topics...Maybe I'm wrong but...who knows?

It's not like we would stalk the real Jimmy if he should show up or anything like that, he would set his own boundaries. I'm sure the other Stooges check us out once in awhile. James, Mike and Steve are very active on Facebook and the Internet. Jimmy's era of the Stooges is interesting and unreported that it would be cool to get his perspective on it along with the New Order. Playing with Ron and Dennis Thompson had to be great.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 pm

studioguy wrote:
It's not like we would stalk the real Jimmy if he should show up or anything like that, he would set his own boundaries. I'm sure the other Stooges check us out once in awhile. James, Mike and Steve are very active on Facebook and the Internet. Jimmy's era of the Stooges is interesting and unreported that it would be cool to get his perspective on it along with the New Order. Playing with Ron and Dennis Thompson had to be great.

I wonder if Recca knows about this forum...so we could ask him the typical questions and maybe ask him for a current pic of him.
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 am

I don't know what links open and all that means. You know, I'm no fan of Stooges. I'm old and I listen to New Age music if they make me. And I like quiet music. I don't mean that bad. I just know Recca and I meet all those guys through him. I already told how we meet. So maybe I'm a fan of all of them. Some a fan, some just friends which is better to me. There is no mystery here. We live in this neighborhood a long time. Me and the woman were talking about this stuff on the internet about Recca. We were talking about Gilbert, and she pull up this forum site. At first I was sad, because I miss those days, and those people. They all very nice to me, and treat me like I belong there. But I don't even play no instrument, or music. And we were talking about those times and I feel sad a bit But then woman want to show me her plaster caster collection and then she just make me sick. 4 beers and the collection comes out of the closet. The Woman says Bells guy sounds like Recca we know. I think so too, but what color his hair Bella?

I think...I'm Chin Lee, Dammit!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:27 am

ChinLee wrote:

I think...I'm Chin Lee, Dammit!

You're not sure anymore? Maybe the old groupie is slipping things in your drink. Be careful out there.

Have any of us seen Chin Lee, Bella and Jimmy Recca in the same room together?
Back to top Go down
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:13 am

hello.

Last edited by Bella on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:25 am

Chin Lee wrote:
But now you mention it, Has anyone seen Chin Lee and Studioguy at Jack in the Box? Ah Ah Ah ha!

I am the definitive Chin Lee, and I still ride the bike Dammit! jocolor

It would be hard in Minnesota as there are no Jack In The Boxes!! But I'm pretty sure Chin Lee and Bella have been in the same place together

Last edited by studioguy on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Sorry, I thought this was like IM. Hector your picture of the Professore, looks to be a bad one but that is him. He is a nice looking man in person, that picture does not flatter him. Both he and Giacomo provide quite a bedda figura in the first person.

If you look close you can see Giacomo and Antonino both have the exact same nose. Giacomo has blue eyes and pure bright silver hair. Very thick silver bright hair. Professore has brown eyes and redish brown hair what is left of it anyway, both of which are unusual for the area. I will try and post some photos from the summer. They are at home, but I will try if you would care.

Bella Mangiapane
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 pm

TALL TALES, TALLER TALES, OMG
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:55 am

Bella wrote:
Sorry, I thought this was like IM. Hector your picture of the Professore, looks to be a bad one but that is him. He is a nice looking man in person, that picture does not flatter him. Both he and Giacomo provide quite a bedda figura in the first person.

If you look close you can see Giacomo and Antonino both have the exact same nose. Giacomo has blue eyes and pure bright silver hair. Very thick silver bright hair. Professore has brown eyes and redish brown hair what is left of it anyway, both of which are unusual for the area. I will try and post some photos from the summer. They are at home, but I will try if you would care.

Bella Mangiapane

Please post some good ones!!! not like the ones which Chin Lee posted
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:48 am

Bella wrote:

Bella Mangiapane

Please post some good ones!!! not like the ones which Chin Lee posted

Yes more pictures please ----- And also any pictures of Chin Lee if you have them
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:02 am

Don't encourage these people, please.

I repeat, tall tales and taller tales. This is now taking a turn toward the absurb.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:56 am

Chin Lee isnt Jimmy Recca...

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next