Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?

Go down 
+28
Radiobirdman73
Perdu
JW82
mc
GONZIGGY
Bella
popmansam
adams66
Petrie Terrace
Hectorlovesthestooges
Donald
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
heavy liquid
trailerborn
homesickjameswilliamson
Iguanas
ChinLee
studioguy
Natalie
MJG196
Nadja
larry fine
Paul T
jared
Funhousehideaway#2
G, F#, E
sweet_sixteen
Nitebob
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
studioguy wrote:

3. You are Jimmy Recca tying to stay undercover for whatever reason (I hope this is true, as we would know he is ok)

He is NOT Jimmy Recca!

How can you be so sure? I'm not saying that he's Recca but that's a possibility...why you deny that?

lol, because I know its not him. Smile

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 pm

I've posted this before, but a guy claiming to be the son of James Recca had a video up on YouTube a few years ago. He was strumming an acoustic & playing with his kid. He mentioned that he has no idea of his fathers whereabouts. I wish I had bookmarked the link at the time because I can't find the bloody thing anymore.

Chin Lee is either the Richard Case Nagell or Gerald Posner of Recca-related Stoogedom. I'm hoping for the former. (Don't even bother trying to figure that out. It's a rabbit hole...)
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Maybe I'm Al Gore? Why I gotta be anybody but me? I remember a guy named Posner back then but he was Russian.

I'm not Recca, I'm just Chin Lee, baby
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 pm

ChinLee wrote:
Why I gotta be anybody but me?

yes, why indeed?
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 pm

SON of Recca now? oy vie. O'Recca san

Nat a Lee, when I say the guy was dynamic I don't mean like a side show huckster. He was no Tony Robbins. He was dynamic to me because he was never self aggrandizing. I saw him twenty maybe forty times get up on a stage and sit in with a band never say who he was blow the doors off the place say thanks to the band and wave goodbye and we leave the place. We don't even stay for drinks. That guy could care less about stardom, or fame, or accolades. He no American Idol baby he hated that commercialization of the business, I told you before. He don't hide, he just don't care.

He wanted to play his way. no gimmicks. That's why he play with the guys he play with. He said he can do what he wants how wants to. They live their music. Not some formula. I tell you all before. I remember him and Cippo talking about how the industry ruined Johns band. He say they record guy want him to wear red velvet suit and face makeup and he said that ain't me babe. And he have to leave his own band. Recca love the Med, he has his family there and that's where he lives best I know. I am happy for him. he plays when he wants to play, he sails when he wants to sail, he grows what he wants to grow. Thank you Nadja.

I'm Chin Lee baby, I don't have no Recca envy no Suh! No
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't know that guy either. I will get some old photos from the Snaggle Puss, but you guys wont believe that either. You guys want Recca to be a loser? If I told you he worked the counter at Taco Del Mar in Pawtuckett would you believe that? How about Bob's Big Boy? Or washing cars at the La Brea Tar Pits?

Sheesh.

I'm Chin Lee baby, and I'm ridin my bike to La Brea. confused
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Chin Lee is John Coan.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:53 pm

ChinLee wrote:
I don't know that guy either. I will get some old photos from the Snaggle Puss, but you guys wont believe that either. You guys want Recca to be a loser? If I told you he worked the counter at Taco Del Mar in Pawtuckett would you believe that? How about Bob's Big Boy? Or washing cars at the La Brea Tar Pits?

Sheesh.

I'm Chin Lee baby, and I'm ridin my bike to La Brea. confused

That would be a lot more believable than the "Grape and Olive growing Italian sword wielding Aqua mariner" and so what if he does wash cars or works at a retail store. I'll believe real and current pictures that aren't obstructed by distance, scuba masks, sun glasses etc.

I'm Studio Guy and it's winter and I can't ride my bike anywhere -- Damn it
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 pm

"Grape and Olive growing Italian sword wielding Aqua mariner", Why?....that's where the guy was from originally wasn't he? That's what the majority of his family does, right? Anyone who knew Recca knows his fascination with swords, knives, and daggers and their history. he went to school and degreed in something like ancient civilizations. He had all kinds of stuff, from Crusades and middle ages to American Revolution to Nazi and WW2 stuff. Some of you may have met the man but I knew him and knew him well. That why we say Indian Jones... but only Recca, without the fights and Nazi's.

And he was a stellar blues guitarist as well as a superb bassist.

I'm Chin Lee Dammit, and the sun is shinning sunny.....but it's raining in my heart. Sad
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Mr Lee,

The Ron I was talking about never would have taught you"Communiucation Breakdown".

Not his style.

I am Nat-a lie searching for the "real" story about Jimmy on the truth train
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Chin Lee...I repeat: if you met Machinegun Thompson, why don't you talk to him?? he's on this forum too

and by the way...why didn't you answer to my chinese post?? Shocked

I'm Héctor and I don't have my driving licence yet
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

ChinLee wrote:
" he went to school and degreed in something like ancient civilizations (

that's a cool subject! I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff. I always wonder if the story of Atlantis is just a myth, after all..
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Ms. Lie I was talking about Ron Ashton. I don't have any idea who you are talking about. He had a white and gold guitar and he used to say listen to this Chin Lee and he play amazing his fingers were a blur. He joke I gonna make you be the mascot, but don't never touch my guitar Chin Lee. I like that guy too.

This is about Recca so I don't talk about Dennis, or anybody else I know. I met Mr. Thompson of course. But I did not know him well. He was the coolest guy of all those guys. he never get excited and always in the same good mood. A quiet guy and always nice to me but one time I asked him why he did not have big arms cause he drums so fast. He told me how would I like him to rap my little pipe cleaners (arms) around my neck and tie them in a knot? He was very nice about it and he smiled at me but I leave him alone after that. That's what I remember.

I answer the damn Chinese post. How you know I'm Chinese? Hector, why you don't answer some questions? Why are you 19 with no license? You in jail? Thank you.

What you guys want next my naked butt on a web cam? You gonna know that's me? I don't have web cam. YUK. You want visual aids? Too bad. You ask where he is I tell you that. I was trying to get a video, or recording for you ingrates but I'm not so sure I want to go to all the effort. He don't want her to give good recent photo or to talk about his family but old ones are ok he says. Some British guy named Stimp and a woman named Bleaver went to bother his cousin at home and scared the family. His head was all pierced and he had ice cream cones stuck on his head and no one could understand what he was saying so they though he was having a stroke, but he was only British. And they are not used to seeing that. They were nice enough but the ice cream cones looked dangerous.

I'm not getting excited any more. Chin Lee get's to excited about this stuff and I get the Blood Pressure. I tell you all who I am Who are you? Where you all live, you know where I live. I tell you everything about me. I don't get no news from you. Where you see Recca in Michigan Nat a Lee?? I don't know that guy again. I feel like I'm on Perry Mason Hot seat. Chin Lee a tough little monkey he don't crack. They don't call me Jo Jo the monkey boy for nothing. I'm getting a t-shirt made. YEAH, I KNOW HIM........SO WHAT? with his picture holding one of his swords or knives.

When I get stuff I will post it for the forum. I'm not answering any more stupid questions. Worse than Inside edition, or TMZ, or maybe CIA. I feel like Keith Olberman or Glen Beck is going to start looking for me in the coffee shop.

Atlantis???? now this guy maybe Recca, boys and girls or he may know him, cause Recca talked about that Constantly. He knew everything about that. Egypt, Greece, America, Aye.... Oh my gosh. He was crazy about that. Greeks, Homer whatever. I ask him what about Asia white boy?? He say he don't know about that, and he don't care about clay pots, and firecrackers. I tell him we invent spaghetti, not those Italians or Romans and he say who? I say Marco Polo give it to you he say who? I say Marco and he punch me in the arm before I can say Polo. Maybe I don't like that guy.

I'm Chin Lee, Dammit and the Truth is sho nuff nuff .. Dog
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 am

I was talking about Ron Asheton! My friend Ron Asheton.

I saw Jimmy play at the Vanity Ballroom in Michigan.

I am still Nat-a-lie
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:24 am

Nat a Lee,

I like that guy too baby. And yes he did listen to Communication Breakdown, but just the guitar solo, and only the guitar solo when I was there. I don't know nothing about that music but I remember that. He sit in Recca's Rocker chair and listen to the earphones. He make me leave the room so he could concentrate cause I'm always jumping around, I guess. He was intense. He only joked about teaching me. Thanks baby.

I'm Chin Lee bro, and Chin Lee don't twirl no squirrel.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am

ChinLee wrote:

I answer the damn Chinese post. How you know I'm Chinese? Hector, why you don't answer some questions? Why are you 19 with no license? You in jail? Thank you.

Mr Hollywood chinese man...I will answer with more questions:
What does the jail have to do with my driving license???
What do you hope to gain with that attitude?? do you expect us to believe you?? you better post the damn pictures and then we talk...
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 am

Mr Lee,

I have two questions for you. I have been kind enough to answer yours and I hope you will be gracious and return the favor.

Was Jimmy married when you knew him?

What kind of guitar was it Ron was playing? You said it was white and gold. I am curious to know the make of guitar if you remember.

Thanks.

Still Nat-a-lie, still curious and still looking for the truth train
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 am

Easy tough guy. I like you Hector. When I read your words I hear Governor Schwarzeneggers voice: "what do you hope to gain with that attitude" you better post the damn pictures and then we talk...What does the jail have to do with my driving license??? Who is you daddy and what does he do?? What do you do there in Canary, Hector?

U ask me questions I ask you questions. I answer u, u don't answer me. ok I expect everyone to contribute, that is why I participate. That was the attitude I felt I was getting from you, so I respond accordingly. Who is us? You speak for you quimo sabe. This isn't the European Union. sorry no offense little cholo. rabbit

Like I said before big boy I don't do this for money, or gain, I do it so I can help you find what you want. I already got what I want. And now you yell at me and tell me post the damn pictures. You got no license cause you got Road Rage maybe. Chin Lee is on you side bro lo. Like Nationwide, Chin Lee is on your side.

I'm Chin Lee Dammit, Mr. Hollywood Chinese man and one tough little monkey who rides the bike Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 62752
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 am

Nat a Lee.

I am not a musician, and don't know anything about guitars. I don't know the name of that guitar sorry. But I want to say Hoffner, or something with an H and I don't even know if that is the name of anything. I don't even know why I am saying that name. But I remember that guitar being like a bright white and gold trim. And I remember My man Ray having a clear guitar. Looked like Lucite. Ray called me my man Chin Lee, and I say my man Ray Dee.

I don't want to get too personal but Recca had lot's of girlfriends that I knew of including many actresses famous and some I see in commercials. Women loved that guy. We went to lot's of parties in the Hills. He always had lots of women around and lots of female friends, but he never take advantage. One girlfriend she used to pick me up and whoever wanted a ride and drove me over to where Recca was in Mill Valley at Nicky's House, and lot's of places like that. She was around for a while. I remember her name. She had real long hair. She was famous tv and movie actress. She like Chin Lee she rub my head and put me to sleep. But no wife back then.

Greg Allman dated her later but maybe I'm confused there. I'll ask Snagglepuss if she remembers. The Peter Green girl was different one.

I'm Chin Lee baby, just ridin That Nat a Lee Truth train, and Loving the view

Last edited by ChinLee on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update info)
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 am

Mr Lee,

I am in the chatbox now. Why don't you sign in and say hello? I 'd love to talk with you.

Nat-a-lie
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 am

Nat a Lee

I am running late, I been doing this too long today. but another time u show me how ok? I will try to get back down here later tonight if I can.

I'm Chin Lee.
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 am

I can not get to chat??

I'm Chin Lee, baby
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 am

ChinLee wrote:
Nat a Lee,

I like that guy too baby. And yes he did listen to Communication Breakdown, but just the guitar solo, and only the guitar solo when I was there. I don't know nothing about that music but I remember that. He sit in Recca's Rocker chair and listen to the earphones. He make me leave the room so he could concentrate cause I'm always jumping around, I guess. He was intense. He only joked about teaching me. Thanks baby.

I'm Chin Lee bro, and Chin Lee don't twirl no squirrel.

Chin Lee and the Jimmy Recca saga, the puzzle wrapped in an enigma and tied in a knot. My head hurts and I need coffee
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 am

Chin Lee and Jimmy Recca the Legend. Coffee?

Go with the flow baby, don't fight the power.

Clear the track Chin Lee is back. Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance

Last edited by ChinLee on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:40 am

ChinLee wrote:
Chin Lee and Jimmy Recca the Legend. Coffee? beats the Librium they used to shoot Chin Lee with in the day.

Go with the flow baby, don't fight the power.

Clear the track Chin Lee is back. Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance Banana dance

8 hours recording three twenty year olds trying to sound like Black Sabbath can be headache inducing, maybe I should try the Librium injection. Freaking Out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next