Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no Raw Power?

Go down 
+12
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
seventeen
sickness
jimmyo
Loose1969
Rode Hard
Borntohula
deadtrilogy
heavy liquid
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
gin_n_juice
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gin_n_juice

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-01

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm

The Show at Peace N Love Festivals in Borlänge Sweden.
Was Fantastic, but where was all the Raw Power songs?
No'one was played.
I would like to here 'danger' or 'search n destroy'.
someone who knows why they don't play Raw Power ? What a Face
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:24 pm

ron didnt play guitar on these song's
and so he dosent play on them now, so they dont play them
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:47 pm

They don't play songs from Raw Power live, unfortunatly.

deadtrilogy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-07-02

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:15 pm

I were there too, a fantastic show.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 am

It was a fantastic gig. The only low downs was that I got bit in the arm, twice :S
I also feel so and so that I didnt join the stage together with my 2 friends. But then I'd miss out being at the fence too. Dilemma...
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:23 pm

I found this interview where Ron is asked--

So “Raw Power” wasn’t your favorite album?

"No, I like the music. Imagine, I’m the co-creator of the Stooges. I get kicked out of my position on guitar (for James Williamson). I wrote those songs and participated in those two records, and then (was) kind of being demoted temporarily. And actually it wasn’t a band. It was actually Iggy’s first solo (record).

I love all of the songs. “Search and Destroy” is a really great song. It was just being shut out. … We don’t do those now because they’re James’ songs. … It’s James’ song, and he has his way he plays it. It would be like a cover song for me."

C'mon Ron. Ya had 35 years to get over it. You can't be THAT sensitive. It ain't good to let old stuff like that eat you up alive. People get fired and demoted all the time. That's life. Gotta get over it and go forward. Look at Whitey, he played with Iggy for 10 years and got "kicked out." He'll play anything. EVERYBODY "loves all of the songs" on that album. Those low down nasty songs should be played. Brother Scott played drums on all the Raw Power songs, bet he wouldn't mind.

I'M BEGGIN' YA. Please. Play that album. Not even ONE song? It's a long shot better than anything on "The Weirdness." Go on with yer bad self.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:29 pm

whitey is missed Sad

but i like the stooges back together Smile
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 pm

I think we're overlooking one other thing here.
Not only did Ron not play on the Raw Power songs, but his style is radically different than James'. The songs may lose their vibe. James was great on those tunes and gave them his own feel.

By the same token, James couldn't even touch Ron's stuff. It works both ways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:13 pm

yeah. i agree. in the overall section. i would say James was the higher up guitar player... more "fancy" if you know what i mean. and i loved his style. but on the other section. in feel and rythem, i'd say Ron has a more unique style... both guitar player's sounds were ahead of their time, and i love them both
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:32 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
yeah. i agree. in the overall section. i would say James was the higher up guitar player... more "fancy" if you know what i mean. and i loved his style. but on the other section. in feel and rythem, i'd say Ron has a more unique style... both guitar player's sounds were ahead of their time, and i love them both

Well said.

James was more nimble-fingered on leads, but Ron is the Riffmeister. And his lead work has drastically improved over the years as well.

They each have a unique, fantastic style.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:33 pm

whitey is missed Sad

but i like the stooges back together Smile
agreed.

but, the inevitable question remains:

when is iggy going to do a career-spanning greatest hits tour?

i was listening to live in NYC yesterday, and, i couldn't help but wish iggy would come back around and play classics like gimme danger, search and destroy, lust for life, winners and losers, kill city, pretty face, raw power, etc...

it's been literally years since he's done any of them live...

maybe iggy could have a side project and tour seperately--maybe with the trolls--and do the classics, while still keeping the stooges thing going?

it's kind of hard to believe iggy would go to the grave without ressurecting songs that comprise close to 30 years of his career...
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Not only did Ron not play on the Raw Power songs, but his style is radically different than James'. The songs may lose their vibe. James was great on those tunes and gave them his own feel.

I dunno. Seems to me anybody could play Gimme Danger or Penetration or Death Trip. I'd climb on a plane to hear Iggy sing that stuff again.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:42 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:

I dunno. Seems to me anybody could play Gimme Danger or Penetration or Death Trip. I'd climb on a plane to hear Iggy sing that stuff.

I'm sure Ron could play it. Nowadays I'm pretty sure he could play anything. But maybe he's just not comfortable with the material. I dunno, I can't read his mind from here.. Laughing

I understand what you mean though.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:50 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
. Seems to me anybody could play Gimme Danger or Penetration or Death Trip.
obviously.

look no farther than any of iggy's live shows in 1977-2001 era.

at various times he played those songs with whatever guys he was gigging with at the time--and they kicked ass.

the version of gimme danger off of Live in NYC is monumental, and he did a decent version of penetration on the king biscuit gig.

bottom line--anybody that iggy considers good enough to tour with him, can easily handle anything in ig's extensive back catalog.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:19 am

Is somebody actually talking to ME in here? Gawd this is great. I'm so glad I found this place. I could blabb about Iggy and Stooge subject matter til the cows come home.

Ron seems so hard headed. Like nothing anybody says or does will make him change his mind--right or wrong. What sign is he anyway--must be Taurus the BULL. We'll never hear those neat songs. Ever. I'll just keep whining and begging. I can REALLY beg. Cool
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 am

Rode Hard wrote:
Is somebody actually talking to ME in here? Gawd this is great. I'm so glad I found this place. I could blabb about Iggy and Stooge subject matter til the cows come home.

Ron seems so hard headed. Like nothing anybody says or does will make him change his mind--right or wrong. What sign is he anyway--must be Taurus the BULL. We'll never hear those neat songs. Ever. I'll just keep whining and begging. I can REALLY beg. Cool

Ain't too proud to beg, eh? Laughing

Yeah, Ron will play what he feels like playing, for whatever reason. I'd like to hear Gimme Danger myself especially.

But since Fun House is my favorite album, I can't really bitch. Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Rode Hard wrote:

i still think we WILL hear the classics again.

the bottom line is--iggy might need to ressurect the trolls, or another group of backing musicians, as a "side-project".

that way he could have his cake and eat it too...

keep the stooges together and take a 3 or 4 month window to tour with his side project and do all the lost classics... Idea
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:50 am

jimmyo wrote:
Rode Hard wrote:

i still think we WILL hear the classics again.

the bottom line is--iggy might need to ressurect the trolls, or another group of backing musicians, as a "side-project".

that way he could have his cake and eat it too...

keep the stooges together and take a 3 or 4 month window to tour with his side project and do all the lost classics... Idea

Another great idea. Looks like you're on a roll!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:56 am

I know Loose1969! It's like there is two factions. The Funhouse gang and the Raw Power mafia. I obviously belong to the latter. Having said that, Dog is the best song in the history of the world.

I notice in every magazine on every poll ranked by the insiders in the music industry about the best albums of all time, Raw Power shows in the top 100 nearly every time. Rolling Stone and Spin Magazine come to mind. MTV and VH1 run polls like that and RP always makes the cut. Don't make me prove it though.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 am

Raw Power is my second favorite behind Fun House. Pity the sound was never quite right though. Damn...
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:19 am

Rode Hard wrote:

I notice in every magazine on every poll ranked by the insiders in the music industry about the best albums of all time, Raw Power shows in the top 100 nearly every time. Rolling Stone and Spin Magazine come to mind. MTV and VH1 run polls like that and RP always makes the cut. Don't make me prove it though.
i think the showing of "raw power" in those type of polls is that it was, undeniably, more influential in the early days of the punk rock movement...

it's ranking, in polls of that nature, is clearly based more on it's influential status...

besides, it's hard to argue against an album that contains "search and destroy"...
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:20 am

But. then Iggy wouldn't have any time to write song's or rest. if he toured with both bands.

Also, how come no one like's the self titled first stooges album ?
its always rated 3rd of the 3
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:22 am

Also, how come no one like's the self titled first stooges album ?
its always rated 3rd of the 3.

I love them ALL. But something has to be in third place, right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:27 am

well. think about it. without first movie there'd be no movies, without first car, ther'd be no car's, without first stooges album, there'd be no stooges albums...

Im just saying, it seems as though the first album is underrated/
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:30 am

But. then Iggy wouldn't have any time to write song's or rest. if he toured with both bands.
honestly, i think the ig should prioritize his time, at some point, in the next year or 2, to figure out a way to either:

a) do a short tour of his lost classics (raw power, solo, etc...), with the trolls or whoever...

OR

b) just convince ron to play some of the stuff off of Raw Power (most notably, raw, search and gimme danger...)

i hope he figures this out at some point in the next year or 2, because it's hard to imagine the "world's forgotten boy" would go to his grave without ever performing search and destroy again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

no Raw Power? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no Raw Power?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next