Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no Raw Power?

Go down 
+12
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
seventeen
sickness
jimmyo
Loose1969
Rode Hard
Borntohula
deadtrilogy
heavy liquid
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
gin_n_juice
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

no Raw Power? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:31 pm

no raw power songs. sad but true =[
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:18 am

"when is iggy going to do a career-spanning greatest hits tour?"

We had that for nearly 30 years, aren't you glad it stopped ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:24 pm

yeh i kinda agree, with jimmyo, its hard to imagine i'l never hear lust for life, the passenger, some weird sin, funtime or even eggs on a plate, lol, ever, its almost upsetting, but i dunno ron playin raw power? i dont think so, plus it would be weird, no? altho iggy completely wrote I Got a Right they could work that into the routine i think
Back to top Go down
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:28 pm

homesickjameswilliamson i agree.

James would play with the stooges again, he said it. But i think wouldn't be a good idea. :wacko:
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm

sickness wrote:
homesickjameswilliamson i agree.

James would play with the stooges again, he said it. But i think wouldn't be a good idea. :wacko:

I Think we´re going to see Iggy on scene both as with the Stooges and Solo with The Trolls. He just doing what he wants to at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:09 pm

seventeen wrote:
"when is iggy going to do a career-spanning greatest hits tour?"

We had that for nearly 30 years, aren't you glad it stopped ?
not really. there are TOO MANY killer song (from his back catalogue) that iggy isn't doing with the stooges...
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

at the moment i think he is concentrating on the stooges and getting ready for another album. also he is getting paid more money for performing with the stooges than he was getting for solo shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:31 pm

dynamite boogie: And the Stooges is a far superiour band than the Trolls. Since The trolls is more or less one of the shittiest back up bands ever.
Kirst solos sounds like 8year olds playing metallica for the first time.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 pm

very true borntohula, and while they were good songs like blood on your cool etc, there was no substance you get with songs by the stooges u'no.

i dont really want him to go back to the solo thing, alhto it could happen, you no a year off from the stooges, the reason he did the stooges thing was cos he hit a writer's block almost u'no

i still dont want him to go back, of course i'd love to hear iggy play iggy stuff live but i love the stooges more and am glad he's doin it, he said in that weirdness promo ''we're the stooges, we finish wat we start''
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Iggy is great solo, but The Stooges are beyond awesome.

Bottom line, I want to see the Stooges keep moving forward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Borntohula wrote:
dynamite boogie: And the Stooges is a far superiour band than the Trolls. Since The trolls is more or less one of the shittiest back up bands ever.

I Agree. but wtf about the Kirst stuff ? He's a great guitar player.
Do you think guitar player steve vai sucks too ?
or Stevie Ray Vaughn ?
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:39 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Borntohula wrote:

I Agree. but wtf about the Kirst stuff ? He's a great guitar player.
Do you think guitar player steve vai sucks too ?
or Stevie Ray Vaughn ?

I Agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:33 pm

JLTS: I hold nothing against them but I don't ave their playing. And Whitey is completly shit compared to them.
But that's my opinion. I dont jugde anyone on any opinions other than supremacy of race shit, hostility towards women and too much religion.

I'm cool with agreeing on disagreeing.

-Amen on that
Back to top Go down
jneilnyc

jneilnyc

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 am

Hey, I love Raw Power, and when I saw I&TS play the first time in 1973 I was blown away, but in truth I was also a tiny bit bummed because they hardly played anything from the first 2 albums! No "Down On The Street"! No "TV Eye"! No "1969"! No "1970"! No "No Fun"! No "Dirt"! No "Real Cool Time". No ever-loving "Funhouse"!

I saw them a second time some months later -- Metallic KO -- and it was pretty much the same story. It took another 30 years before I got to hear the real Stooges do all that stuff.

So James didn't really play much Ron material, and Ron doesn't cover any James material. Think of it as some cosmic balancing force at work in the universe.

The next time Iggy does his solo thing I'm sure "Search And Destroy" and "Raw Power" will get covered, and in the meantime be thankful that the Stooges are alive and doing the primal Stooge thing, something that I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago, much less 20 or 30.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jneil.com/
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 6:45 pm

jneilnyc wrote:
Hey, I love Raw Power, and when I saw I&TS play the first time in 1973 I was blown away, but in truth I was also a tiny bit bummed because they hardly played anything from the first 2 albums! No "Down On The Street"! No "TV Eye"! No "1969"! No "1970"! No "No Fun"! No "Dirt"! No "Real Cool Time". No ever-loving "Funhouse"!

I saw them a second time some months later -- Metallic KO -- and it was pretty much the same story. It took another 30 years before I got to hear the real Stooges do all that stuff.

So James didn't really play much Ron material, and Ron doesn't cover any James material. Think of it as some cosmic balancing force at work in the universe.

The next time Iggy does his solo thing I'm sure "Search And Destroy" and "Raw Power" will get covered, and in the meantime be thankful that the Stooges are alive and doing the primal Stooge thing, something that I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago, much less 20 or 30.

And there we have it. The definitive post on the subject.
Very well said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
middleagedpunkrocker

middleagedpunkrocker

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Well, King Diamond does it.

He tours with Mercyful Fate and then he does the King Diamond albums and has been doing it for years so I don't see why Iggy can do it. Bottom line is there is a market for it so capitalize (SP) on it.

Gimme Danger is one of my favorites as well and I would love to hear that one again live.
Back to top Go down
http://trampsamericanbulldogs.com
stdtheband

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

Rode Hard wrote:
I found this interview where Ron is asked--

So “Raw Power” wasn’t your favorite album?

"No, I like the music. Imagine, I’m the co-creator of the Stooges. I get kicked out of my position on guitar (for James Williamson). I wrote those songs and participated in those two records, and then (was) kind of being demoted temporarily. And actually it wasn’t a band. It was actually Iggy’s first solo (record).

I love all of the songs. “Search and Destroy” is a really great song. It was just being shut out. … We don’t do those now because they’re James’ songs. … It’s James’ song, and he has his way he plays it. It would be like a cover song for me.".

That is like the Stones refusing to do any of the songs that Brian Jones played on... ya know... most of the good ones / 90% of their set list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 pm

stdtheband: Brian Jones wrote those thingys didn't he, and he aint alive either.
Ron didn't write those songs on guitar and he's alive and feels like that he won't play them.

It's not "That is like", it's as it is. Ron's way of seeing things.

Amen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no Raw Power?   no Raw Power? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no Raw Power?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2