Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Stooges Head On"

Go down 
+26
G, F#, E
Cato
sweet_sixteen
TED
kaiserken
birchy
runningfromthepain
MJG196
HoundDog
mc
tompa67
napalm_cheetah
Chemmy
Donald
adams66
StoogesFan
sway
ElRoi
Natalie
Nadja
Garageman
studioguy
trailerborn
krugersoldier
larry fine
pernil
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

"The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Natalie wrote:
Cato,

" Way Down in Egypt "was performed at Unganos.

Natalie I've heard that "Way Down In Egypt" is an early version of "Big Time Bum" that appears on the 1971 set, is this true?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Similar maybe, I only heard it in 70 and only about 2 times.

I know Iggy ended the song repeating over and over "I'm dead".

I wrote about Unganos in Popped.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Natalie wrote:

That's the only "Popped" I've read, loads of great information Smile And I hope the Uganos recording does have "Way Down In Egypt", the more early stuff the better.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

GFE

Was that the Popped that was in the book "20 Minute Fandangos"?

I used to have a copy when it was originally published but lent it out and it was not returned. I am going to try and find a copy.

There are 5 Popped and 1 mini 1 page Popped in total. Hopefully, they will all be published soon.

I will be very interested in all of your comments when you read them Smile

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Hey Natalie, the one page issue, that doesn't have a photo of Iggy in his "Soho" knickers on the front does it?
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Forget that, just looked a little more closely, the fan-club fanzine I have is "POP" Issue 1, "the REAL KING OF ROCK'N'ROLL always ready to burst an' blitz your heads ... forget the glitter queens honey, 'cause they are OUT and so are their ACTS!" Weird that there were two one page fanzines though, and the "Popped"/"Pop" coincidence. Maybe Popped had a tribute act.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Paul,

My Popped was named after Iggy and Iggy got the nickname from the guy they knew named Jim Pop when Iggy shaved his eyebrows. They said he looked like Jim Pop and it stuck. Iggy never wanted to be know as Iggy "Stooge".

My 1 page Popped was only 1 page because I was sending out a gig schedule so the fans would know where they were playing.

I never made photos part of Popped because back in the day with no computers, it could not be done properly. I did however,
send photos I had taken of the band with the issues of Popped.

If Popped had a tribute act, I never knew about it. Wouldn't that be a riot?

Natalie:)Smile
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm

My copy of Pop has been so badly printed that a lot of the text from the flip-side is missing, at the top I can just make out "Memo from Raymond" ???? ????? ??? "of the Iggy Pop fan club" ( at least I think it says "Raymond" ). Dedications, if that's what they are, are to "Lester Bangs, Danny Fields, John Cale, and Nico, and especially to James WILLIAMSON exclusively the A-one-plus lead guitarist of them all!"

There's a reference to Iggy as "the SUPER STAR OF 1975", so that would make it 1975 or 1974 looking forward to '75, I guess.
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Natalie wrote:
There are 5 Popped and 1 mini 1 page Popped in total. Hopefully, they will all be published soon.
Natalie, I don't know if you had mentioned it previously, but are you publishing this yourself, or through a publishing house? Do you have a target release date as yet? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 pm

This is the first time I am hearing about a fan club from 1975. Interesting, where did you find it?
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Got it from a guy in the States, years ago. From the text on the back I'm pretty sure the writer's an American, rather than a European.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Natalie wrote:
GFE

Was that the Popped that was in the book "20 Minute Fandangos"?

Yes it was mc scanned it Smile
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Scott,

They are part of the fan club pack. Easy Action and I are working on it right now. The pack will consist of re-creations of all the fanzines, some copies of old photos (snapshots) I took of the guys and hopefully a cd of live recordings from 70 and or 71. We are waiting to see how the old tapes clean up.

I am not sure what the release date will be yet. Easy Action has posted about this on their site last month.

When I have more information, I will insure it is posted on the forum.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 pm

"The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Finger_pointing-1 Thanks Natalie! I hadn't checked the EA site for a while now (but I just did). cheers
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:49 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Natalie wrote:

That's the only "Popped" I've read, loads of great information Smile And I hope the Uganos recording does have "Way Down In Egypt", the more early stuff the better.

G, I think you've probably seen this interview before, but for some of the newer members who haven't trawled the archives of this forum Steve Mackay mentions on the 2nd page here that he's heard that a recording exists of a night in 1970 when they played "Way Down in Egypt".

http://www.terrascope.co.uk/MyBackPages/Steve%20Mackay.pdf
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:17 am

thanks MC
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 am

yes thanks from me too very interesting

"blowwwwwwwwwwwww" Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

I read it ages ago and completly forgot about it mc, thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
louielouie

louielouie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 am

does anyone have head on tab? please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Stooges Head On"   "The Stooges Head On" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Stooges Head On"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3