Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD

Go down 
+35
msteeln
jonachan
Mr. FunBoy
THEWIN
mr.datsun
Joecephus
gazatthebop
dynamite boogie
Cato
Petrie Terrace
jerrythebarman
Loose1969
ElRoi
trailerborn
Lucas
harmonia
citizensmurf
freemind
Funhouse
hank67
larry fine
StoogesFan
sway
heavy liquid
MJG196
TeddyB1018
runningfromthepain
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
andrew
G, F#, E
mc
Tyronehell
Garageman
tompa67
homesickjameswilliamson
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:29 am

I asked 'Stooges International Store' about them charging UK VAT & import duty. I got this reply:

'Thank you for contacting MyPlay Direct.

All costs associated with the purchase of products from this store are included in the final total purchase price and charged to you upon shipment. Our website calculates estimated Shipping, VAT, Duties and Handling fees after you click the Buy Now button to add the item to your sales cart. For some items, those quotes will not appear until after you have confirmed your payment information and exact shipping address.'

I replied thus:

'thanks for the reply. For the record I'd rather pay my own VAT and Duty. Also, from a UK perspective £30 for shipping is excessive (especially when US shipping is $4.99). Quite a few people have commented on this shipping charge, for the Stooges Deluxe box online. UK VAT and Duty are calculated after the shipping costs have been added to a package so the high shipping adds to the VAT/Duty and contributes to the prohibitive cost of the set in the UK.

Yours sincerely....'
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:22 am

Feckin' useless they didn't answer your question at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Iggy-Pop-Raw-Power-Deluxe-Legacy-Edition/hnum/4497737

They have it here for 60€/free shipping (to Germany) so it is likely the deluxe version will
be availiable on Amazon too.
So have patience and don't let Sony fool you.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 am

OUTBURST wrote:
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Iggy-Pop-Raw-Power-Deluxe-Legacy-Edition/hnum/4497737

They have it here for 60€/free shipping (to Germany) so it is likely the deluxe version will
be availiable on Amazon too.
So have patience and don't let Sony fool you.

Well spotted. Thank-you.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 pm

many thanks for posting this. their shipping page quotes 5.99 euro for postage to the u.k.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Thank you for the link. I placed my order. Postage to Finland 5.99 euros.
Back to top Go down
THEWIN

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Shouldnt big companies make it easier for us to empty our wallets????
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 pm

THEWIN wrote:

Well at least Sony tried to do their best..
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 am

Garageman wrote:
THEWIN wrote:

Well at least Sony tried to do their best..

Sony said that i could arrange my own courier to the UK! I said in reply that unless I could use USPS and in light of the discovery of a European outlet (as above) it wasn't really worth it, but thank-you. I also pointed out that it appears to be optional to have UPS pay a country's import duty and taxes up front. At least they thanked me for my customer comments on their service.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 am

I bought the Raw Power box set too. And I think it will be worth it.
but it should at least come with a t-shirt like the Led Zeppelin and The Beatles box sets
but fuck it. it's Iggy and the Stooges
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
jonachan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Any word on whether there will be any intersting old footage on the dvd?
Otherwise, it's kind of steep....
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:09 am

Mr. FunBoy wrote:
I bought the Raw Power box set too. And I think it will be worth it.
but it should at least come with a t-shirt like the Led Zeppelin and The Beatles box sets
but fuck it. it's Iggy and the Stooges
Which is exactly why it should have a T-shirt! There are precious few Stooges Ts out there or ever been and mine are getting thin. More Ts please.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Aviable at Amazon through ICON Collectibles

This Deluxe edition is going at 74.99$ + 2.98$.
But they won't ship to Norway, because they want me to pay close to the double price while
ordering from the official site.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CLG80A/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2BXF3DD0VUYL2

You don't want my name, you want my money whip
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am

Anyone else think the packaging looks pretty crap?

I hate it when you have to pull a disk out of a side sleeves like this they always end up scratched. And whats with the semi battered look of the cover? Shabby Chic Stooges?
Back to top Go down
Barman

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 pm

StoogesFan wrote:
Guys,

the shipping charges really are not that bad. I realise £30 may seem a lot, but you must remember that shipping is based upon both size and weight of the item. This box contains several CD discs, a vinyl disc, photos and a book. Add to this the weight of the actual box this set is contained within, then add the weight of the packaging box (which needs to be sturdy so as to prevent damage to the contents) and it all adds up to a fair amount.

Finally, take into consideration that international shipping tariffs are always higher than domestic charges, and you will see that £30 really is a fair price.

Trust me - I work in a Mailroom.

No, this is crap. If this was the case then the US postage on the box would be more than the $4 it is.

The procurement company is sending this internationally by express courier. That's why it's so expensive. It doesn't get cheaper if you buy more than one. It's 50 bucks postage PER SET.

You can't use a credit card for payment and have it shipped to a friend in the US either. The ordering system won't allow it.

I worked around it by using Paypal and nominating a US address. I'm giving them the extra cash it takes to send it regular email.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Fuzzy Dunlop

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:55 pm

mc wrote:
Anyone else think the packaging looks pretty crap?

I hate it when you have to pull a disk out of a side sleeves like this they always end up scratched. And whats with the semi battered look of the cover? Shabby Chic Stooges?

Have to say (with a heavy heart) that I agree the packaging is a bit crap. Not liking the battered look on the front either. Like the collage of pictures on the gatefold sleeve done in the style of the album but agree the presentation of the disc's leaves a lot to be desired. Also the box itself is all a bit flimsy. On the plus side I really enjoyed the documentary though. Approach with caution would be my advice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD   Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Pre-orders / 59.99USD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3