Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE

Go down 
+70
zenta138
manelcat
Luzern
rokyforever
sizeable bulge
modernlover
rabid_fish
Nick LaRocca
jerrythebarman
neven
elvis plebsley
gazatthebop
Monger
andrew
coffeepotman
gasman124
sweet_sixteen
captain
morepower
HelterShelter
nkdlunch
ChuckN
heavy liquid
Mighty High
TED
dynamite boogie
Beck
ElRoi
people
andy70
specotron
ad_hoc
trailerborn
theclarkness
jpod
Cato
Hectorlovesthestooges
dtklamf
jaredlange911
stooges
Nitebob
jneilnyc
LunarTunes
Shakes
Rob Gallucci
ziggy
Chris Moise
Garageman
Petrie Terrace
G, F#, E
mr.datsun
Donald
homesickjameswilliamson
rubber legs
Loose1969
davidh
iggy-fan
NickZah
tompa67
napalm_cheetah
loranpop
mc
boogie
ashitanoramen
Iguanas
iggy
Radiobirdman73
studioguy
the5thramone37
Natalie
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Just want to say the Recca booklet is great, Jimmy was a proper Stooge for sure.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 pm

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/TheStooges-AThousandLights:LiveIn1970-EasyAction-72919.html

I found the ,Thousand Lights CD for £ 12.99

it is packaged with a booklet or something? or is it just a CD?

Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 pm

stooges wrote:
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/TheStooges-AThousandLights:LiveIn1970-EasyAction-72919.html

Just the CD with no fanzine, no polaroid pics and no t-shirt
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply HEC
Back to top Go down
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Et tu, Easy Action?
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
stooges wrote:

Just the CD with no fanzine, no polaroid pics and no t-shirt

It says:

'Deluxe long box packaging with stunning unseen photos of the band shot by Fan Club girl Natalie Stoogeling on the road in 1970.'
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:14 am

Rob Gallucci wrote:
The CD sounds great.

It's hot.

I actually prefer it to the Electric Circus LP.

Aren't the last Cincinnati 2 tracks from Live '1971' CD?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:47 am

I will try and simplify this:

If you purchase the Popped Fanpack, you will receive all the collectables, the CD with the booklet, the fanzines, the polaroids, the flyer, the intro letter and the tee shirt. This is packaged in a white plastic box with the Stooges logo and the Popped logo and can be obtained ONLY from the Easy Action website. There are a few dozen left if you still want it.

The CD will come in the long box and will contain the booklet. The CD with the booklet only can be purchased through many different websites that distribute for Easy Action.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 am

jpod wrote:
Can someone please review what this SOUNDS like?!

Better or same as You Want My Action?

Breaking it down the 1st two New York tracks sound great - good vocals/good backing (a bit of phasing but nothing to worry about). The Soldier Field tracks whilst not quite as good as the NY ones, sound a million times better than the earlier version I have, basically turning a recording that I found unlistenable to something I'm very happy listening to (I'd be interested in someone who knows their way round a studio's opinion on how they managed to do this). 1970 off Goose Lake is bassless as we all know and basically lifted off the movie. The Midsummer Rock tracks are again lifted off the TV broadcast (yes they're on the old Live 1971 cd - but I presume no-one listens to that anymore as it's all on the EA '71 box in far better quality).

All in all it's a great CD compiling all the known live Funhouse tracks from 1970, and should be in every Stooges fans collection. Natalie's photos in the accompanying booklet are also great.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:49 am

Thanks for the detailed review. I don't have my Popped Package yet but I would think the reason Soldier Field sounds so much better on A Thousand Lights is due to different source tapes rather than to technology. It goes like this: shortly after the Soldiers Field recording was made, Natalie obtained a copy from the undamaged master tape. This copy sat in a drawer unplayed and undamaged for close to 40 years. Meanwhile the tape of Soldier Field that surfaced a few years ago, either the master or a copy, had the shit played out of it in the interim and was severely damaged. Thus the drastic difference in quality.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
Thanks for the detailed review. I don't have my Popped Package yet but I would think the reason Soldier Field sounds so much better on A Thousand Lights is due to different source tapes rather than to technology. It goes like this: shortly after the Soldiers Field recording was made, Natalie obtained a copy from the undamaged master tape. This copy sat in a drawer unplayed and undamaged for close to 40 years. Meanwhile the tape of Soldier Field that surfaced a few years ago, either the master or a copy, had the shit played out of it in the interim and was severely damaged. Thus the drastic difference in quality.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 pm

mc wrote:
Just want to say the Recca booklet is great, Jimmy was a proper Stooge for sure.

Agreed. If you don't have the cash available for Popped or you are just getting the CD only, you should definitely get this booklet - I think Natalie said it was available from EA for the price of postage only??
Back to top Go down
rokyforever

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 pm

My copy arrived here in Sweden today, and opening it I felt like Christmas eve was here already. I love absolutely everything about it, way beyond expectation! Thanks to everyone involved in making this available.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Got it too! Really great with everything!
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
loranpop

loranpop

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi,

Has someone received it in France ??
still nothing for me Mad
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Don't suppose anyone in North America has received it yet? I'm on the west coast of Canada and the anticipation is driving me nuts. Wonder, too, if Ungano's will arrive this week. Isn't the official release date tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Jerry,

If it makes you feel better, mine has not arrived either. It's nice to view it on my computer screen and quite another to actually hold the finished product in my hands after all these years!

I'm anticipating Unganos as well and am very curious to hear if the New York songs from my tape were recorded at Unganos.

Fingers crossed they fly over the pond soon.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:27 am

Natalie, you can hear a preview of the tracks by clicking on this link:

http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/the-stooges-live-at-unganos-8-17-1970

so you can find some similarities between those New York songs and Ungano's songs

Don't want to go off topic but can you say if the last track is the famous "Way down in Egypt"???

Anyway...I'm waiting for my boxset too, hope it will arrive soon
POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 595301
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Hector, I think the last track is "Way Down in Egypt" by the description in the title that Rhino has given. I will know for certain when I hear the entire song. Iggy chanted "I'm dead" many times at the end.

The one thing I do know is that there was never a song with the title Rhino has assigned on their release. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:43 pm

My Popped package arrived today, and I think it's worth every penny, unlike the First album box set by Rhino or the Raw Power Deluxe Box set.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 am

Woo Hoo!!!

My package arrived a little while ago. I shall not comment on the content as that is for you all to like or not, but I shall say that once again, Easy Action has put together a superb package. It's everything I could have hoped for and more.

Thanks so very much, Carlton, Les, Edie and all the other people at Easy Action.

A big thanks to Bob for being a pack rat and saving the fanzines all these years. Big thanks to Rupert for all the encouragement to "go for it" and all the other contributers. I am eternally grateful for all the support.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:03 pm

And thank you Natalie for doing them in the first place back when it happened!
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm

"Popped" arrived here in Germany this morning! It's everything one could have hoped for! Thank you Natalie, thank you Easy Action! And Natalie, in your own sweet way you DID change the world. "Popped" was/is part of The Stooges saga and the word you spread is still heard 40 years later. All over the world.

As has been pointed out in another thread there is one page missing from one of the newsletters (because of the duplication of a page from another of the newsletters). Maybe the missing page could be made available as a pdf for download?

Btw the Jimmy Recca interview booklet is very cool, too.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 pm

It has arrived in Catalonia too ! I am listening it right now ! Dirt is incredible !! Smile

Natalie your pics are great !!! Thanks !!!

Manel
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Easy Action is working on getting a downloadable pdf of the missing page to all of the people who placed an order for this set.

Thanks for your patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next