Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE

Go down 
+70
zenta138
manelcat
Luzern
rokyforever
sizeable bulge
modernlover
rabid_fish
Nick LaRocca
jerrythebarman
neven
elvis plebsley
gazatthebop
Monger
andrew
coffeepotman
gasman124
sweet_sixteen
captain
morepower
HelterShelter
nkdlunch
ChuckN
heavy liquid
Mighty High
TED
dynamite boogie
Beck
ElRoi
people
andy70
specotron
ad_hoc
trailerborn
theclarkness
jpod
Cato
Hectorlovesthestooges
dtklamf
jaredlange911
stooges
Nitebob
jneilnyc
LunarTunes
Shakes
Rob Gallucci
ziggy
Chris Moise
Garageman
Petrie Terrace
G, F#, E
mr.datsun
Donald
homesickjameswilliamson
rubber legs
Loose1969
davidh
iggy-fan
NickZah
tompa67
napalm_cheetah
loranpop
mc
boogie
ashitanoramen
Iguanas
iggy
Radiobirdman73
studioguy
the5thramone37
Natalie
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:23 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
That's a really good idea HJW Smile You should go for it Nat! I'm sure Robert Matheu would be more than happy to include you in his book.

lol!

Set looks great Nat! A real labour of love, can't wait to see a copy.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm so much looking forward to this.

mr.datsun wrote:
Looks very interesting. Looking forward to the live CD and it's really great that EasyAction got this after losing out on the Ugano's.

True. And I wish now more than ever EA could put Ugano's out . Rhino Handjob is just a shadow of its former self.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for all the support!

I think I may have some not great news. That price up on the Easy Action website is probably a mistake. Easy Action is not sure what the final price will be as the complete package needs to be weighed.

Some of the photos were ok but none were great after 40 years. They have been restored by Les Clark, the Clarkness, on the forum. He is a genius!!!

In addition, the balance of my old photos will be part of the book Per Nilsen, Easy Action and I are preparing, "Caught In The Act". There will be many unseen, or rarely seen photos of the Stooges from back in the day in that publication. More info to follow when it is closer to completion.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:03 am

That's cool, Easy Action prices are always fair and I figured 19.99 was a mistake for a cd/6 magazines/t-shirt/photos and box for it all.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:26 am

Whatever it is, it is. I want it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:07 am

Please let me clarify. There are 5 fanzines and 1 mini fanzine. I guess you could call them
Stooge magazines but they are newsletters or fanzines, not magazines in the classic way.

I would not want to mislead anybody. In light of some of the recent Stooge releases, I believe this will be good value for the money. Easy Action has always been making products available at reasonable pricing and it won't be any different this time.
Back to top Go down
Chris Moise

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:00 am

Does anyone have details for the sources of the performances on the audio CD? Are any tracks upgrades or performances not in circulation? In any event this looks like a very neat project.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:39 pm

The price is now 29.95. That's a pity.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Not such a bargain, but still a more than reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Still very fair for what it includes.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Hopefully the adjusted price means a pre-order date is not too far away.

As great as some of the other recent re-releases are, they are very highly priced imho for one or two previously unreleased songs. However, as "Popped" is largely previously unheard versions and unseen material for most of us, this seems a fair price. Plus you know EA will give it their usual tlc. Should be a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Chris Moise wrote:
Does anyone have details for the sources of the performances on the audio CD? Are any tracks upgrades or performances not in circulation? In any event this looks like a very neat project.

Goran can you shed any light on the tape sources for this?
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:53 am

i could of sworn that natalie once mentioned about being given a tape from ron, which featured some live stooges stuff on it. maybe this is it?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:03 am

Yes, I was given a tape from Ron and also fans in Michigan. One survived in a drawer and that is what I sent Easy Action. Unfortunately, it said 1970 Stooges and nothing else so I am not sure of it's origin.

I can tell all of you that the tape was cleaned up by Easy Action and sounds good now.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:06 am

mc wrote:
Chris Moise wrote:

Goran can you shed any light on the tape sources for this?

Tracks 1-8 are unreleased, but only the first two songs from New York 1970 have never been in circulation. Track 9-10 (Cincinatti 13th June) have been issued on CD "Live 1971 & Early Live Rarities", but the quality of Easy Action publications certainly be much better.

My opinion is that it will be a great CD.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
LunarTunes

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:53 am

This certainly looks like a must-have! Count me among those looking forward to a pre-order date...

Peace.
Back to top Go down
jneilnyc

jneilnyc

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm

They should offer a version without the T-shirt for less.

Especially if it's going be be a "one size fits all" deal which means that it won't fit anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jneil.com/
LunarTunes

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Is it "one size fits all"? Right now there is an option to choose sizes (S, M, L, XL)...

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:15 am

The Popped zines contain so much cool detailed information about the band's 69-71 period. I think it's great that Easy Action is making this package available.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Nitebob wrote:
The Popped zines contain so much cool detailed information about the band's 69-71 period. I think it's great that Easy Action is making this package available.

nitebob

Yes and a big thanks to you Bob for keeping these safe all these years and providing them to EA.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm

For the full story of Popped, lost and found, check out the interview thread above.

GREAT BIG THANKS TO NITEBOB FOR SENDING ME BACK MY POPPED.

You made it to the graffeti wall on the back of the CD!

Very Happy Very Happy bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm

NAT is it a better quality than DOU YOU WANT MY ACTION ?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes, CD is better quality. Vocals are stronger and cleaner and music is also. As a Stooge fan, it's worth it just for the 2 cuts from 1970 NYC. It's a rare recording with Dave on bass. Just my opinion, but I think all will be pleased.

I will request if Easy Action can put up some samples so everybody can check out the quality for themselves.

Last edited by Natalie on Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:23 pm

thanks if the money so I buy! Smile

It can be purchased via SMS?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Sorry, I don't know what SMS is? Anybody know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE   POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POPPED PACKAGE AND 1000 LIGHTS AD IS UP ON EASY ACTION SITE
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next