Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Empty
PostSubject: Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release   Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Looks like the 7CD box set will get a UK release next week

update; well i thought it was important, it saves brits over $50 in postage and import/customs tax!!!!
Back to top Go down
berlinberlin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release   Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 am

I contacted Rhino in the US a few weeks ago about the US re-release and was told it comes along WITHOUT the beautiful artwork which was added to the original release. Has anyone got info if this UK release will have the artwork or not? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release   Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 pm

The original set was a limited edition, is this new release limited too, and apart from the artwork are there any other differences?
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release   Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 pm

I have the boxset, bought here in the uk. The item is made in the USA so Rhino must be importing the un-numbered USA reissued copies for sale here in the uk, though it is not for sale on the rhino uk website. It has the 1999 date printed with no mention anywhere of 2012.
The outer box is thinner than the original and has an opening flap, it has the thick inner card box with Elektra logo, the poster, the two track disc in a card sleeve with Hudsons price sticker. No booklet but each of the six discs in jewel cases has a booklet with essay. The actual discs have the same graphics as the originals. The Rhino sticker on the box says this re-issue is limited, but no number mentioned. It seems the only differences in packaging is a thinner outside box and it is not numbered. To my ears the re-issue sounds brighter than the direct cdr copies i received of the original box but don't read too much into that, my ears are not the greatest and something could have been lost in the transfer.
It has been mentioned the original box sold out quickly, my memory is that it didn't and took the best part of 2 years to become unavailable. I was monitoring it at the time because i wanted to buy it but was unwilling to pay the huge postage and tax costs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release   Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges Complete Funhouse Sessions box UK release
Page 1 of 1