Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges early recorded concerts

Go down 
+13
G, F#, E
the5thramone37
dan b
albeyourmirror
Nadja
Funhousehideaway#2
iggy-fan
Chazz Avery
eusebioneto
sickness
adams66
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
mc
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:48 pm

I really like those 'cassette' pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 pm

How, very cool ! thanks chazz !

do you have more photos from any of the early shows ?

PS - that really sucks that your car engine blew !
i know theres a few people with the recording. but its so hard to find one ... Sad

cheers !

PS - Please, check the reels again. I'll pray you find the whole show Smile
that would be really cool ! Cheers !
Back to top Go down
albeyourmirror

albeyourmirror

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 pm

thanks Chazz... really interesting...
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Can't believe how big the venue looks in your pics Chazz! I always assumed the stooges could only ever fill smaller places, seeing as they didnt sell many records. Was it busy??
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 pm

hey Chazz, real great stuff here, do you think you could upload the Alice Cooper concert from Toledo? thanks man
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:57 pm

dan b wrote:
Can't believe how big the venue looks in your pics Chazz! I always assumed the stooges could only ever fill smaller places, seeing as they didnt sell many records. Was it busy??
I don't remember exactly. Memory says it almostly full but not sold out. I think Slade was the opening act which surely drew additional people. The floor of the arena was definently full but I don't think some of the upper seats were.

the5thramone37 wrote:
hey Chazz, real great stuff here, do you think you could upload the Alice Cooper concert from Toledo? thanks man
Yeah, I'll be posting that soon. I've had several people after me for a long time to do it and, in fact, I finally dubbed it into my computer just two days ago. I'll take a week or two to clean up some of the rougher edges and I'll post it. I'll drop a notice in the appropriate thread here.
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:02 pm

chazz which reunion detroit shows have you been to ? did you record any?
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:15 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
chazz which reunion detroit shows have you been to ? did you record any?
All three (I think there was only three wasn't there?) I didn't record any of them but I have an audience recording of the DTE show (I presume the one in general circulation) and I like the sound of it better than the DVD.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:17 pm

oh. dang.. im searching for fox theatre 2007... i was there... and meadowbrook 2007 i was there too.. you were at those as well..

i was the kid who got onstage first... at meadowbrook
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:19 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
oh. dang.. im searching for fox theatre 2007...
I've seen some clips (4-5) from that on YouTube. Don't know if they're still there, though.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:20 pm

i have the first song Loose i recorded from the 4th row of the pit with a very good camcorder. i got busted at the end of the first song... so thats all i got...

i still need the full audio or vid... and same for meadowbrook.. i wanna see myself on stage..
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:03 am

You've probably all seen this by now. But here's some Stooges footage with audio in 1970. And no peanut butter in sight!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dKnF0coxQ
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:01 am

I emailed the guys dealing with the Fillmore recording archives today about whether the Stooges were recorded in May 1970 when they played there and got this reply:

"Hi Rupert,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's possible we may have this or other Iggy and the Stooges shows available in the future, although I can't say for sure at the moment, as we have not yet finalized a release schedule for all the archives in our Vault. But we are working hard to make as much available as we can and are releasing lots of new shows every week. We'll continue to
announce new releases in our newsletters so you can stay on top of them and hopefully you'll see some of the shows you are looking for.

Thanks for listening!

Best wishes,
CV Support"

Not an outright "No" so maybe another possible tape on the horizon...
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:25 am

It's SO hard with concert dates. I had similar problems trying to put things in order in OU&B.

Toledo was the 19 Jan, though, I believe - Slade headlined. Their roadies threw lightbulbs at Iggy.

THere's a fan with a poster for the 19th here:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/ART10/70717033

(Incidentally, that orange-y youtube footage is Goose Lake, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 am

Huh,

I thought it was the 19th.
Quite interesting aspect is the band's final weeks.
Look at how they tool around the country with no
specific geographical game plan. One night in Toledo, there's an
Akron gig missing from about the same time also, and the next in the middle of Wisconsin. Next night in East Lansing, Michigan followed by shows in Canada. Who on earth would book such a
bizarre tour.
Oh, wait a minute.
The Stooges that's who.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 am

Seems like, at the end, the Stooges would play anywhere that would have them. It would be nice to have definitive gig lists, but as the shows were booked seemingly so randomly I doubt we'll ever have the complete picture.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:38 pm

anyone have ever heard about bootleg in รจ' with ray manzarek ?
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:38 pm

i mean in 1974
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm

i remeber iggy sing "the murder of the virgin", probably a kind of eulogy for jim morrison
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 pm

"The Murder Of The Virgin" was a show Iggy put on seemingly at random after The Stooges broke up. The only other Stooges member besides Iggy was Ron Asheton who didn't play anything. He just stood wearing full Nazi uniform and whipped Iggy who cut himself with a carving knife.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Manzarek was not at Murder of a Virgin, I think that was another show entitled the Death of Glitter. I've never heard that this could have been recorded.
Back to top Go down
Muddslide

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 pm

Chazz Avery wrote:

If anyone is interested, I have a master uncirculated complete good quality audience recording of Alice Cooper in Toledo, Ohio December 12, 1971 ("Killer" tour) that I'll be posting soon. Folks have been after me to post it so I'll be getting to it soon. If anyone is interested, I'll drop a link here. I also have a complete alternate master of the Alice Cooper show that has appeared on a variety of bootlegs such as "Parracidal Slumbers" from Detroit at The Rooster Tail in 1970 an broadcast on WRIF. Although there is some radio interference in spots, the recording is complete and better quality than the bootlegs which are incomplete and generally lower quality.

Great Holy Crap! Did the Alice Cooper stuff ever get posted?!??!?

Guess it's time to try to PM Chazz....
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:19 pm

anyone have heard about a record of the "come-and-be-iggy night"? the show with ashtons brothers in 1971 just after the band broke up. Ron declares some participants are better than iggy (can you really imagine that ? ....)
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 pm

does a live record of the 1975 "kill city-period" exist?
does iggy play in clubs with williamson and sales' brothers?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:57 pm

i wouldnt think so, he was in the NPI and off his head, and only allowed out on like day passes to record the album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges early recorded concerts   Stooges early recorded concerts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges early recorded concerts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next