Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony

Go down 
+18
sheddy
Borntohula
homesickjameswilliamson
J.N
heavy liquid
Shakes
Loose1969
jimmyo
Donald
adams66
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
popmansam
Nadja
Lucas
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
MJG196
Rode Hard
cb
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:57 am

Iggy & The Stooges to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall Ceremony

According to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Iggy & The Stooges will perform for Madonna at this year’s induction ceremony. Madonna will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week, March 10th with a tribute by Iggy Pop and his band, The Stooges.

The Museum will broadcast the 2008 Induction Ceremony from the Waldorf Astoria (no tickets available) in New York City on several giant screens located throughout the building. There will a drawing for a pair of tickets to the 2009 Induction Ceremony held in Cleveland. (You must be present to win.) The 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees are Leonard Cohen, the Dave Clark Five, Madonna, John Mellencamp, the Ventures, Little Walter and Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. A cash bar, soft drinks and snacks will be available for purchase. Tickets are $5 and are available through Ticketmaster and at the Museum box office.

VH1 Classic will be airing the show live on March 10. VH1 will show it on March 22.

cb sunny
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 am

I TOLD you. Didn't I TELL you? HOW MANY TIMES did I tell you she likes iggy. Wonder what Madonna song the Stooges will play? I like Burning Up and Express Yourself. Can't wait for this Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:37 am

Wow, have the Stooges stooped to aping Madonna for some Hall of Fame visibility? For shame...
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 am

Every act invited on stage that night plays a song by the inductee. Them's the rules. It's a tribute to the winners. An honor in itself. Transmitted via satellite all over the world. Iggy's had his own tributes over the years, just not HOF, yet. I'd think anybody in show business that was asked would wanna be a part of that for her. Then the person getting inducted does one of their own songs or a medley. Or in Patty Smith's case last year she sang, well, Dog? It's fun ... it's fun.

Mike Smith DIED.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:42 am

More acts need to do what the Pistols did...and tell the HOF to stick it. Next year, maybe Cyndi Lauper will ask Iggy to perform "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

Ugh, Patti Smith's acceptance was awful! What a windbag...

Sorry if I sound too cynical. I AM from Cleveland, ya know!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:47 am

It ain't exactly like they're playing a tribute to Al Yankovic. SOMEBODY likes Maddie--what did she sell like nine billion albums? Wish I could get to that HOF and see the sites. My man went there last year looking for Iggy stuff to bring back home to me with no success. Bless his heart, I had to tell him the unfortunate tale that they won't take Iggy. Isn't Johnny Rotten THE only muttonhead that turned down the HOF? Such a crybaby.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

dang ! I dont have VH1 Classic !! Dammit ! I will have to wait till March 22nd Sad
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:23 pm

I think we all agree that high sales or enormous popularity doesn't equal good, enjoyable music.
Iggy's last recordings all tell how he hates music industry, why on earth will he join this establishment party?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:35 pm

mg196 wrote:
More acts need to do what the Pistols did...and tell the
HOF to stick it. Next year, maybe Cyndi Lauper will ask Iggy to perform
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

Ugh, Patti Smith's acceptance was awful! What a windbag...
hahahah I agree with you this time MG!!!
what a bummer this Madonna thing.

Suicide2

posted a thought a while ago, about Madonna prob. will make her profit by using The Stooges their image to introduce some punky stuff/Iggy image she needs so desperately..to get attention on her side again!

I'll post the link again..fits in this thread perfectly;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E3OdtYmTXw

Next thing Madonna needs to do for attention?
..is to have a shit on stage ..
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:49 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
dang ! I dont have VH1 Classic !! Dammit ! I will have to wait till March 22nd Sad

Oh hun, clips of that whole ceremony will be up on Youtube the day after, March 11. We'll just have to type in "Stooges at HOF" in the search engine on that site. I'm SURE it will be the talk of the town. It'll only be one song from the Stooges, BUT it'll be fabulous to see the Stooges play ANYTHING besides:

loose
down on the street
I wanna be your dog
tv eye
my idea of fun
dirt
real cool time
no fun
funhouse
LA blues
skull ring
little doll
dog II
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:19 pm

ZinZin wrote:

Madonna prob. will make her profit by using The Stooges their image to introduce some punky stuff/Iggy image she needs so desperately..to get attention on her side again!

Meh. She never needed to use anybody for attention. It'll be her night with or without the Stooges. All that old whore has to do is put out another book of nekked pictures of herself out on the highway or adopt another black child.

Oh no. I just thought of something. What if she gets up there, shits on the stage, AND makes a speech with that fake English accent!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:29 am

ZinZin wrote:
hahahah I agree with you this time MG!!! what a bummer this Madonna thing.

Suicide2

Hey, you really aren't all that bad then! cheers

Rode Hard wrote:
BUT it'll be fabulous to see the Stooges play ANYTHING besides:

loose
down on the street
I wanna be your dog
tv eye
my idea of fun
dirt
real cool time
no fun
funhouse
LA blues
skull ring
little doll
dog II

I couldn't agree more, RH.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:34 am

Cyd and I discussed the possibility of a writhing on the floor, Marshall sparing, (better than) Britney moment santa

BTW AOL streamed it live last yr, but don'y know if they'll do it this yr.

I may have another date or 2 tomorrow.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 pm

is this Madonna thing some kind of sick joke? I can't get my head round it. Just what is it all about? Money????Rolling Eyes
And is Mr Rotten the ONLY artist ever to have snubbed this whole wretched phenomenon? surely there's got to be more ...
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Come on, Any time the stooges are on t.v. it's a good time. Just think, there are probably thousands of sixteen year olds who have never heard of the stooges more less seen them. Maybe if they make enough noise we'll get a real U.S. tour this fall. As far as J. Rot goes,I'm sorry but he's not even a pimple on Iggys ass.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 pm

They GOTTA do this one, inspired by Dog:

"I Love New York"
Arrow http://www.last.fm/music/Madonna/_/I+Love+New+York

Maybe this kind of exposure will finally get the Stooges inducted into the HOF themselves!

cb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:31 pm

And how does this sound to you guys?
'Iggy Pop to cover Madonna's songs'
or
'Iggy Pop's tribute to Madonna'
or
'Iggy Pop honours Madonna at Hall of Fame ceremony'

...just a few heads in the media!

and then this Getty image with the text:
Like a virgin?... Iggy Pop on stage last year.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/iggy-pops-madonna-tribute/2008/03/05/1204402513883.html
or
http://www.usmagazine.com/Iggy_Pop_to_Cover_Madonnas_Songs_at_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/03/03/iggy-the-stooges-to-perform-for-madonna-at-rock-hall-ceremony/

About the combination Madonna and Iggy? you'll find a really 'satifying' answer in the media:
'..Iggy & The Stooges are from Detroit, like Madonna..' Sleep

hope Iggy's gonna come with a gigantic smashing overruling performance act bom
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

I'm gonna guess and say the song is gonna be "Like a Virgin" Well, the Lords of The New Church covered it...so I guess it ain't too bad if the Stooges do it. It might turn out to be awesome. You never know...

Then again, I can sympathize with those that feel this is a lame idea. I was kind of taken aback when I heard about this too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 am

FYI, the response from the myspacers has not been good at all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:47 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Yeah Dave...you can also read it in the responses from people/fans in the Rolling Stone article in the last link (of my post). I think this act is a really tough cookie for a big part of the hardcore Stooges fans....how could I say this sharper? don't know the proper English way to express it ....well..everybody probably knows what I mean by now.

Last edited by ZinZin on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 pm

I can't really see the problem.
The Stooges will have a ball playing some souped version of a Madonna hit. Plus, they will (hopefully) blow all the other acts away, steal the show and generally raise their profile enormously.
Seems like a smart move to me.
Just take it like it's meant - just a bit of harmless fun.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 pm

It's a much better idea than doing Fashion Rocks. If people want to make some money you are going to have to live with it. Iggy is not the sort to turn down an opportunity to make some quick cash. He's certainly more interested in boosting his bank balance than maintaining his "integrity".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:23 pm

I agree on your point that The Stooges have to make the money! And they DESERVE IT as no other!!!!! completely agree with that one!
It's not about 'integrity'! It's about; I really wanna get the music on the first row of attention and no embarrassments or insults in the media...While Madonna gets the credits. You know it could turn out the other way around...that The Stooges will get LESS out of it. Don't wanna happen this. Really hope I won't see it right! That Fashion Rocks thing was more harmless
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm not really sure how the Stooges will get less out of it. Any publicity is good surely?
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:51 pm

ZinZin wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Yeah Dave...you can also read it in the responses from people/fans in the Rolling Stone article in the last link (of my post). I think this act is a really tough cookie for a big part of the hardcore Stooges fans....how could I say this sharper? don't know the proper English way to express it ....well..everybody probably knows what I mean by now.

Yeah, I saw that. You know...it's the whole argument about what being punk is...and what selling out is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next