Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony

Go down 
+18
sheddy
Borntohula
homesickjameswilliamson
J.N
heavy liquid
Shakes
Loose1969
jimmyo
Donald
adams66
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
popmansam
Nadja
Lucas
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
MJG196
Rode Hard
cb
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:42 pm

thanks for that JLTS, prob'ly wouldn't've heard it otherwise (I'm so lazy)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Your Welcome ! ! Cheers !

<>
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:22 am

I can almost guarantee that being that absolute idiots that they are the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame will induct The Stooges as Iggy Pop and The Stooges and will include his solo work in it as well. They'll probably get Blink 182 to play The Passenger to induct them as well. Vomit

Sum 41 and Greenday were bad enough but I swear if Blink 182 play for The Stooges I'll Suicide

The Sex Pistols did it right and I think Madonna chose The Stooges or "Iggy Pop" in her words Rolling Eyes as a mild "FUCK YOU!" to the HOF for not inducting them yet.

James Williamson says he'd play with them for the HOF, I'm hoping for a 1971 style I Got A Right. Fingers crossed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:31 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I can almost guarantee that being that absolute idiots that they are the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame will induct The Stooges as Iggy Pop and The Stooges and will include his solo work in it as well.

you've probably nailed it there!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Quote :
I can almost guarantee that being that absolute idiots that they are the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame will induct The Stooges as Iggy Pop and The Stooges and will include his solo work in it as well.

Of course they will, and i hope they do, they can hardly induct the stooges without iggy, theyre part and parcel (i think thats the saying) anyway, the stooges lasted 8 years on and off; iggys solo career like 25 years, and he made some brilliant music and was as influencial as the stooges in his solo career, so hopefully they will induct iggy / and the stooges

that should be the way, two ceremonies, though i doubt that will happen theyll probly just induct them as the stooges and put in a bit about his solo career and williamson will show but not play

HJW
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm

That's like including Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground in one. Or the Sex Pistols and Public Image Lmtd. Iggy Pop's solo work should go into the Hall of Fame but seperatly to The Stooges, maybe a year later. Surely if Iggy's solo work is allowed in with The Stooges Destroy All Monsters and Sonic's Rendevous Band should be allowed in too?

Williamson has gone on reecord saying he'd play and Ron an d James get on quite well now. When Williamson showed up backstage at the Detroit gig Ron is the only one who talked to him. Iggy and James don't seem to have gotten on since the Bowie incident during Soldier.

The Hall Of Fame is stupid anyway or in John Lydon's words, "a shitfest".
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:24 pm

Ah rite, i see your point now, sorry i thought you were deriding iggys solo stuff entirely, sorry my fault

well then i agree entirely, but the HOF will probly just do a two-fer, i dont think they want to acknowledge the stooges or iggy, amean iggy shouldve been inducted 20times over by now for his influence on a myriad of bands, and even just for what he has done for live performance as an art if you want u'no

i dunno, hpoefully they will split them up but i'd say itll be a "iggy pop / and the stooges" kinda thing

HJW
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah hopefully not like the awful speech at the Mojo awards. Iggy DESERVES it seperatly his solo work has a few ad albums but has some masterpeices though. I can't stop listening to The Idiot recently. Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:34 pm

yeh its a masterpiece, one of my favourite, and lust for liffe and zombie birdhoues, and american caesur nad blah, new values, and brick and party and solider and f course Kill City

he definitly deserves it

HJW
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Have you noticed how Turn Blue in Lust For Life is similour to Jesus Loves The Stooges?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:40 pm

I can't really see them doing two separate inductions. It'll just be 'Iggy and the Stooges', make of that what you will
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:42 pm

No, ill look out for that!!

i suppose artists reuse tracks all the time, like the stones had stuff they used in the 80s that they wrote in like 69/70/71/72 u'no which is cool, esp since ppl always say ''its not like the old stones" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony   Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall of Fame Ceremony
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: