Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Funhouse...Fun House?

Go down 
+13
people
TED
Loose1969
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
world's forgotten boy
Borntohula
Nadja
Paul T
adams66
heavy liquid
Arganius
G, F#, E
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:48 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Nadja wrote:
hehe..know it's not the hair thread but couldn't resist...what does 'Johnny Thunders hair' look like?

Sorta like Keith Richards hair at times..

hmm...the Keith Richards look...not the most attractive in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:01 am

Its actually "Fungus House" why else do they start it in recent concerts with the little experimental song "Mush Room"?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:31 am

Quote :

hmm...the Keith Richards look...not the most attractive in my opinion

i dunno, keith has had many amazing 'rock star' (hate that expression) looks over the years, greatest ones were like 72 - 79, and i liked the early 80s look as well, i think this is what loose means

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture6-1

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture5-1

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture4-3

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture3-3

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture2-5

Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Picture1-9

keith is just perennially cool, granted in recent years (as int he past like 10 lol) he hasnt looked great, but before then his 'look' was always good, he has style
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 am

Keith Richards between 1968 and 1975 was the baddest motherfucker on the planet.

Now he looks like Iggy's grandfather. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:42 am

haha, yeh he looks rough nowadays, still has style, but his face and all look terrible, him and jagger, they look horrible, ronnie doesnt look bad, charlie looks good too, facially, but keith and mick look terrible, still have style tho and yeh 68 - 75 keith was a badass
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Keith Richards between 1968 and 1975 was the baddest motherfucker on the planet.

haha - good one!!
this has turned into the Keith Richards thread!
Keith doesn't do it for me, never has done...guess I just have weird tastes, haha. But he just had a bit of 'poser' look as far as I'm concerned, and that turns me off
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Nadja wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:

haha - good one!!
this has turned into the Keith Richards thread!
Keith doesn't do it for me, never has done...guess I just have weird tastes, haha. But he just had a bit of 'poser' look as far as I'm concerned, and that turns me off

To each their own.

You're a Stooges fan, so you get a free pass. Laughing

Wink
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:19 pm

a free pass?? to what?
ok...if to each their own... I'll go back to my collection of Dave Alexander photos! Very Happy Especially, today, I'm in the mood for that blissful b&w one when he's up onstage, Iggy at his side, hair well down past his shoulders, looking as pissed off as I've ever seen him...angry dark eyes...and a strand of hair falling just slightly over the left eye...mmm gorgeous!!...and such a foreboding expression, no-one else ever made a frown look so good...and all the better for being completely un-self-conscious in this shot... a thousand times cooler and sexier than Keith ever looked - in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 am

Nadja wrote:
a free pass?? to what?
ok...if to each their own... I'll go back to my collection of Dave Alexander photos! Very Happy Especially, today, I'm in the mood for that blissful b&w one when he's up onstage, Iggy at his side, hair well down past his shoulders, looking as pissed off as I've ever seen him...angry dark eyes...and a strand of hair falling just slightly over the left eye...mmm gorgeous!!...and such a foreboding expression, no-one else ever made a frown look so good...and all the better for being completely un-self-conscious in this shot... a thousand times cooler and sexier than Keith ever looked - in my opinion!

We're entitled to our opinions of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Thank you Loose.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Nadja wrote:
Thank you Loose.
Hey...anyone who digs the Ron/Dave era of the Stooges gets 110% of my respect and admiration! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Dave occupied a position very much like Brian Jones in the Stones, ie the group mystic who got edged out and then couldn't really handle life outside the group. I guess they made the band their lives.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Nadja wrote:
Thank you Loose.
Hey...anyone who digs the Ron/Dave era of the Stooges gets 110% of my respect and admiration! Very Happy

thanks again Loose! you sure know how to make a girl feel good! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 pm

mc wrote:
Dave occupied a position very much like Brian Jones in the Stones, ie the group mystic who got edged out and then couldn't really handle life outside the group. I guess they made the band their lives.

interesting thought mc, thanks Smile 'they made the band their lives'... I wonder, how far did that really apply to Dave? of course, like I'm always lamenting, there's too much speculation involved with him, too little concrete info..!!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 pm

mc wrote:

never thought about it like that, but you're totally right, the similarities are there

its a pity about both of them
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

mc wrote:

Actually, it's interesting what Iggy says in that Stooges bio by Brett Callwood, that really Dave was never very happy with the idea of the band, and with having a common, 'unified goal' at all. Maybe particularly when it really started to become serious and official and all, maybe it started to seem too much like hard work or something, haha, or maybe it was just his personality type, too individualistic, or too introverted and all - Mike Davis actually says in that Callwood book that he was the most introverted person he ever met in rock, and the only person he really talked to was Ron (Funny how I always seem to memorise anything that anyone's ever said about him Smile ). So, maybe he was never comfortable with being in the band, for whatever reason, don't know, maybe the whole thing, (and not just leaving) did help mess him up
Of course it's sad, but, on the other hand he did make an indelible contribution on those first two Stooges albums, he did manage that - what more need he have done, really!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Exactly. He wrote the bass line for "Dirt", how could he ever top that? Its possibly the most beutiful peice of moody music I've ever heard. Its depressing but not in a sappy way. I love it and I don't thing any other musician (sorry Mike) will ever do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Exactly. He wrote the bass line for "Dirt", how could he ever top that? .

Not to mention the riff to 'Fun House' (which also fits in with the title of this thread!) Just how COOL is that riff!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:54 am

Nadja wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
Exactly. He wrote the bass line for "Dirt", how could he ever top that? .

Not to mention the riff to 'Fun House' (which also fits in with the title of this thread!) Just how COOL is that riff!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Pretty fuckin' COOL!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:23 am

ok, we can all say that funhouse is the world greater rock album ...
BUT WHO4S THE SECOND ,?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse...Fun House?   Funhouse...Fun House? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funhouse...Fun House?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3