Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave photos

Go down 
+16
heavy liquid
popmansam
Natalie
Aku
flipper
scott
dorianmode
Angusyd van Hyman
Loose1969
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Paul T
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
G, F#, E
Nadja
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Should have done this ages ago, alongside the Ron and Scott threads, when there might still have been some interest (haha) and there's not that many pictures of him anyway, and I haven't seen any that haven't been posted here before. HOWEVER, in spite of all that, here goes.

I love that narrow, frowning, intensely guarded look of his in this one (not to mention the way the light catches his hair, light on one side and darker on the other - divine!)

Dave photos N1204213

And this one, when his hair was at its most staggeringly beautiful, being sooo long and thick!

Dave photos N6106711

And my current avatar

Dave photos N1204214

BTW if anyone has dates for any of these I'd be much obliged!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 pm

The middle one is from 1970 (obviously) its either Chicago or Goose Lake I think.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:14 pm

It's Chicago !

PS - Couldn't be gooselake ! Dave was too drunk to go on stage that show !
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 pm

No he was on stage but he was fired after the show. He was up on stage but couldn't play.

And its good to have some photos of Chicago since its one of the few 1970 shows that has an audio recording. cheers
Back to top Go down

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:49 pm

good you made the thread Nadja.
I specially like that one at the street side
here's another Dave with great hair ..earlier posted somewhere i think

Dave photos Dsc01710
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Nadja, of course I love your Dave obsession. Maybe you should buy Davealexander.com and dedicate a site to him? I'm serious! You can use whatever quotes you want of mine.

This is just a link, but it does have the last-known shot of Dave, by his ex-girlfriend, Esther Korinsky.

http://www.trynka.net/Site/Open_Up_Blog/918A786F-2332-4B7B-8FE2-9579BDB95BAF.html
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:12 pm

That sounds like a great idea Paul Very Happy How much does it cost to buy a website I could try and chip in Smile
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Not too much, have a look here:
http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Instant;jsessionid=36FA487609E99648561778D75750E6E2.TC32b?__frame=_top&__lf=Static

£2.99/year for .co.uk domains
£8.99/year for .com domains

I have about 120 domains with 1&1 which I use for work. Their customer service is good and you won't find anything significantly cheaper. Edit 3.12.08 - seems they've grown massive since I last had to contact them and they've got useless people in a call centre now.

You can use their Website builder to make a simple webpage too, no programming skills required.

Last edited by mc on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:18 pm

I can't remember the exact figures, but it's £10-20 to get the domain name for a year. Plus about the same for hosting, ie the people who own the servers onto which your site is loaded. You will pretty much have to use the same people for both. I use easily.co.uk who are cheaper than some others.

Also, as long as you keep paying for the domain name, you have your own permanent email address, so you can be nadja@davealexander.com for ever. Cool, huh?

I use Apple iWeb, which was free (but of course only any use if you have a Mac). I run it on an old Apple G4 that was left in the street.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Theres already a davealexander.com but you could call it something similar I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 9:01 pm

yeah you're right
(ain't the other dave alexander handsome?

www.davealexander.eu is available, .co.uk and .net are taken....
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:52 pm

I know wait till Nadja sees him!

http://www.dave-alexander.com/ seems like its for sale...
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Yea, good one!

Seriously, Nadja you can have that entire feature off my site. I'm happy to email a few more people for their own Dave tributes.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:17 am

NADJA ! DO IT ! That sounds really awesome ! Nadja, think about it, you are Dave Alexander fan, with website of him, and even an awesome ass email !!

If I were you I would !

Maybe I should buy RonAsheton.com?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 pm

whew....this is all too much!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to think this through calmly.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
NADJA ! DO IT ! That sounds really awesome ! Nadja, think about it, you are Dave Alexander fan, with website of him, and even an awesome ass email !!

If I were you I would !

Maybe I should buy RonAsheton.com?

I'm tempted to do do the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:51 pm

ZinZin wrote:
good you made the thread Nadja.
I specially like that one at the street side
here's another Dave with great hair ..earlier posted somewhere i think

Dave photos Dsc01710

this is a great one, his hair is so much over his eyes I don't know how he could see.
haha...as I expected...not many actual PHOTOS on this thread
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Paul T wrote:
Nadja, of course I love your Dave obsession. l

I assume you're not being sarcastic or anything Paul Laughing anyhow thanks a lot for your offer Smile but this technical Web stuff is beyond me, even if it is simple Laughing altho yeah, it sure would be good

Anyway, this is also a nice shot, in my opinion

Dave photos 1daveh10
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:10 pm

and I love this one! the only time where he really looks serene, I think. Sure would like to know the date!

Dave photos Dz10
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Paul T wrote:
Also, as long as you keep paying for the domain name, you have your own permanent email address, so you can be nadja@davealexander.com for ever. Cool, huh?

yeah, wouldn't it be cool!!! Very Happy
anyhow, what was all that about the 'other' dave alexander?? am I missing the obvious as usual??

Last edited by Nadja on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm

The pic you were asking about is from 1968.

Go on to www.davealexander.com to see the Dave Alexander with the sex appeal Wink Laughing

Will some more Dave pics tempt you to make the website Nadja?

Dave photos Dave_a10

Dave AND Ron:

Dave photos Dave_a12
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 pm

you're very funny GF#E.
That one with Ron - that's another one I'd really like to know when that was taken. They both look pretty damn happy!

the one on the left here just totally knocks me out drunken

Dave photos Dave2g10

and of course there's others, part of group photos etc
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Paul T wrote:

Seriously, Nadja you can have that entire feature off my site. I'm happy to email a few more people for their own Dave tributes.

thanks Paul, I should take this up and stop making a fool of myself on here Laughing
can I ask, can you give a rough idea who are these people you'd email?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:22 pm

well... Id get a coupla writers like Kris Needs and Dave Thompson, and I;d write ya something. I'd get friends of Dave's like Doug Currie, and would try ex-roadies like Leo Beattie.... I'm sure I'll think of more. Oh yeah, Jimmy Silver loved Dave, we could get more from him, plus ROn Richardson, the first manager, and I'd be happy to email THe Ig to see if we could get a tribute from him. Jack WHite, too.

You could try Mike Watts direct, I bet he'd reply of he knew your website was up and running. I could interview him for ya, we could get him to go thru Dave's bass parts song by song - how cool would htat be??? Get fans to write their own tirubtes.. .. the world is yer oyster!
Back to top Go down

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 am

wow Paul Shocked
Nadja this is an awesome opportunity to sit at the fire front row.
wow !!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dave photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave photos
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next