Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Moise

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Empty
PostSubject: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:19 am

Hey guys, first post. OK, we have the Olympic session (Got a Right, Money, Gimmie Some Skin) and the '72 session with Scene of the Crime, Tight Pants, and I'm Sick of You and lots of rehearsal tapes. Unless I'm missing something we don't have any outtakes from the Raw Power sessions proper. Do we know if those tapes exist?

thanks!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

Chris Moise wrote:
Hey guys, first post. OK, we have the Olympic session (Got a Right, Money, Gimmie Some Skin) and the '72 session with Scene of the Crime, Tight Pants, and I'm Sick of You and lots of rehearsal tapes. Unless I'm missing something we don't have any outtakes from the Raw Power sessions proper. Do we know if those tapes exist?

thanks!

Chris

http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/THE%20STOOGES%20%20IGGY%20AND%20THE%20STOOGES%201968-1974.htm#

Topic:
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/jesus-loves-the-stooges-f1/revenge-and-bomp-releases-which-ones-are-still-needed-t1332-60.htm
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:06 pm

That is even more than the Rough Power CD, isn't it? I haven't got that to hand, but there's a couple more sets of different mixes in the shorter selections, and the 'No Centre' mix is certainly a mystery...is that an LP without the hole? Smile
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Stranger09 wrote:
That is even more than the Rough Power CD, isn't it?

On the Rough Power CD, mix of 03-10-1972 containing 3 songs. On original tapes this mix containing 4 songs.
1 Search And Destroy
2 Gimme Danger
3 Gimme Danger
4 Raw Power
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Seems Sony / whoever need to get in touch with Stooges fans who have these tapes then! Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris Moise

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:28 am

Thanks for the comments guys. So it looks like nothing from the session tapes has circulated other than, of course, the various mixes we have. I wonder if they attempted any more songs during those sessions?
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:05 pm

There is a ~30sec piece of unidentified music that appears on the WABX tape, mixed backwards into part of Penetration. It sounds like it may be part of a longer song or jam, but it's nothing to write home about.

I'm sure I've seen either Iggy or James quoted as saying that the only songs they attempted on the main album sessions are the eight on the album. It is odd though - you'd think that, as the vaults have obviously been ransacked many a time, there would at least be an alternate take or a moment of off-hand jamming.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:23 pm

I remember that (the music mixed into Penetration)...I think the dj's admitted that was a tape fault?

I have my tape of it sitting to wait to convert to CD when I get around to wiring up my tapedeck to the CD recorder again! Smile

A stereo tape (as opposed to the awful 'bathroom stereo' version on 'Rough Power') of that radio broadcast did circulate, as mine is true stereo...if there's one closer to the master / clearer they should use that on any special Raw Power package, at least...

As well as all the other pre-release mixes that exist of course! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?   Do the Raw Power session tapes exist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do the Raw Power session tapes exist?
Page 1 of 1