Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges documentary film

Go down 
+6
dynamite boogie
sheddy
Nadja
napalm_cheetah
trailerborn
ElRoi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Stooges documentary film Empty
PostSubject: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 am

Has there ever been mention of such an endeavor on anyone's part? There are some great docs out there about bands. The Ramones doc "End of the Century" comes to mind, among numerous others.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm not sure what could be added to the Stooges sections of existing Iggy documentaries. Footage is limited and the only person who remembered anything - Ron - is no longer with us.

Unless .... they brought in some fresh interviewees like Natalie or Tony DeFries (who must be sitting on a gold mine of cool stuff). Russ Gibb - former owner of the Grande Ballroom - might be another guy to talk to.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Didn't iggy say in a interview that the unreleased material that ron recorded before his death would be used in a documentary? Iggy didn't say which but maybe it is a stooges documentary? I'm just guessing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

yes, that's right napalm, I want to hear that material properly tho, not just tacked onto a documentary
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm

It would be a fitting tribute if that Ron material (the stuff he did with Scott, right?) was released, unedited, in a kind of bonus disc with a possible new album or other material.
Fans really wouldn't care how raw it is.
I really hope it sees the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm

I just hope they don't forget all about that Ron material. I've a nasty feeling they might, and that would be intolerable. anyway back to the main topic.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 pm

There needs to be a serious examination of the bands (not just Iggy, but the whole band in all its incarnations) beginnings, turbulant years, their years apart, their various side projects, their musical resurgence, their reunion, Ron's tragic death just as everything seemed to finally be coming together, the return of James and finally the bands undeniable influnece on music and what the future holds. I saw the ads on HBO recently for a new doc about, now get this, Bon Fu*cking Jovi! If those fricking useless tools can justify a doc, then surely to god a band as influential and controversial as the Stooges should have their careers documented on film. I mean a real film by a real doc director like Alex Gibney or someone of that caliber.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:49 pm

dynamite boogie wrote:
still waiting for this http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/article/legendary-bowie-manager-tony-defries-to-publish-tell-all

Damn right. I tried contacting Tony at his eco-design company but got no reply.
Back to top Go down
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 pm

sheddy wrote:
It would be a fitting tribute if that Ron material (the stuff he did with Scott, right?) was released, unedited, in a kind of bonus disc with a possible new album or other material.
Fans really wouldn't care how raw it is.

The rawer the better!
Back to top Go down
ad_hoc

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:32 am

such a document is so late overdue. i mean, other than the obvious reasons,
their story has got all the ingridients of a classic r'n'r tale. the sex the drugs and whatnot.
really strange how no one has tried to tell the story of the band in film format yet.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 am

dynamite boogie wrote:
still waiting for this http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/article/legendary-bowie-manager-tony-defries-to-publish-tell-all
The guy should give Natalie all of her photos and fan club stuff back first.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 am

I am sure all my stuff was thrown away years ago.

Spilled milk and all that. You live and you learn.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 pm

What a terrible shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges documentary film   Stooges documentary film Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges documentary film
Page 1 of 1