Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges film - Gimme Danger

Go down 
+39
AnxietyDilemma
neven
KarlR
stooges
Rigsby
sfstoogeling
Ale
mortytoad
pernil
earthdog70
dave mack
zenta138
andrew
AsteroidB612
dnlkmnd
Django
Pop Stüge
fabrice
kokolas
Cooper27
Tobin321
let me in!
gupio
jacqui_A
osterbergermeister
soldier
adams66
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
Perdu
midnight frank
Hectorlovesthestooges
oceanbreeze
Nadja
woody
ggriffin
Luzern
mc
ColourIsSound
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ColourIsSound

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-02-25

Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Empty
PostSubject: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Hey - has anyone seen any rushes from the film by Jim Jarmusch - Gimme Danger- I'm buzzing about it - one of my favourite directors making a film about one of my favourite bands - cool as fuck! Any news on a release date , Mojo mentioned sometime March?  

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Yeah, the next big Stooges release to get excited about! I'm really looking forward to hearing the vintage Stooge sounds Ron & Scotty laid down. Here's some chat about the documentary over the years: https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t2736-jim-jarmusch-making-iggy-documentary

I suspect a March release date is probably a bit ambitious.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 pm

ColourIsSound wrote:
Hey - has anyone seen any rushes from the film by Jim Jarmusch - Gimme Danger- I'm buzzing about it - one of my favourite directors making a film about one of my favourite bands - cool as fuck! Any news on a release date , Mojo mentioned sometime March?  

Maybe they refer to March 2017? It does not make sense for Iggy to authorize the Stooges documentary for release this year, as it would interfere with the PR and tour for his current "Post Pop Depression" project. A 2017 release on the other hand would make a lot of sense, because 2017 will see the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Stooges and also Iggy's 70th birthday.
Back to top Go down
ColourIsSound

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:23 am

That makes perfect sense, although, to be fair , I don't think the film has been strategically managed as Jim J has been filming on and off for years apparently and he has promised it wont be another ' talking heads' style rockumentary - exciting stuff!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:43 pm

I read this will be launching at the Cannes Festival (which year I don't know) but we find out the films for the 2016 festival in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Yup, Gimme Danger is getting a midnight showing at Cannes 2016.
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm

This article fails to address even the most basic questions about the synced audio on the Academy of Music footage or the true provenance of the Wampler's Lake recording of "Ron's Jam". I am outraged.

http://realscreen.com/2016/04/14/jim-jarmuschs-iggy-pop-doc-to-premiere-at-cannes/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jim-jarmuschs-iggy-pop-doc-to-premiere-at-cannes&_u=PVAHCzUxtB0%3D

A Jim Jarmusch-directed documentary about rock legend Iggy Pop (pictured) is among the doc titles at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.

Organizers of the annual event on Thursday (April 14) unveiled the main competition as well as programs including Un Certain Regard, out of competition, midnight screenings and special screenings, and as in past years, narrative dramas dominated most sections.

Jarmusch’s Gimme Danger will have a midnight screening, just as Asif Kapadia’s Amy did last year. The American indie filmmaker’s last doc was 1997′s Year of the Horse, about Neil Young and Crazy Horse. He also has an Amazon-backed narrative feature, Paterson, screening in the main competition this year.

Other films headed to the Croisette are Cambodian doc maker Rithy Panh’s Exil and previous Palme d’Or nominee Mahamat-Saleh Haroun’s documentary Hissein Habré: A Chadian Tragedy. Both will bow in the festival’s special screenings section.

Italian director Gianfranco Rosi, who won the Golden Bear at Berlin earlier this year for Fire At Sea, will chair the second annual Oeil d’Or Award for the best documentary playing at Cannes.

The award was created last year by the Civil Society of Multimedia Authors (SCAM – Société Civile des Auteurs Multimédia) with support from festival head Thierry Frémaux. Chilean-Mexican director Marcia Tambutti Allende won the inaugural prize last year for her doc Beyond My Grandfather Allende.

The 2016 Cannes Film Festival takes place from May 11 to 22. Check out the full line-up here.

Read more: http://realscreen.com/2016/04/14/jim-jarmuschs-iggy-pop-doc-to-premiere-at-cannes/#ixzz45p433JTQ
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 10:19 am

Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Gimme-danger

I like the fact that they've gone for a previously unpublished photo for the poster, I think it spells good things for the film as a whole.
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 4:25 pm

"Jim Osterberg as Iggy Pop"!
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Good to see Watt's name on the poster there, but Dave's is sorely missed. Ok there may not be much historic footage of him... but The Stooges is essentially always Ig, Ron, Scott, Dave. imho.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:25 pm

[quote="woody"]Good to see Watt's name on the poster there, but Dave's is sorely missed.  .[/quote]

yeah, that's a sad omission. Nice pic for the poster though.
Back to top Go down
oceanbreeze

oceanbreeze

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:34 pm

ggriffin wrote:
"Jim Osterberg as Iggy Pop"!

This is my favorite credit I've ever seen. Also, I'm excited they interviewed Kathy Asheton. It's always cool to hear from her along with the rest of the usual suspects.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Now that's a poster I want in my room!!!
Back to top Go down
midnight frank

midnight frank

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm guessing the poster features only people who are speaking in the doc - so that's why no Alexander.

Also, this seems very promising: "(Jarmusch) added that the film "is more an 'essay' than a document.  It's our love letter to possibly the greatest band in rock'n'roll history, and presents their story, their influences and their impact, complete with some never-before-seen footage and photographs."

http://www.indiewire.com/article/cannes-2016-jim-jarmusch-gimme-danger-poster-the-stooges
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 2:43 pm

I do see the reasons for the 'cast list', it's just kind of at odds with the great photo with Dave at the centre. & yeah it's very cool to see Kathy's name there. What about Natalie?

Can't wait to see this!
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 8:51 pm

There should be cleaner resolution of the Raw Power Stooges' line up live, 1973 in St. Louis. The only known version at the time was featured in the dvd included in the deluxe package for the re-release of Raw Power in 2011...How do I know? 'Not telling... Tiki
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Perdu wrote:
There should be cleaner resolution of the Raw Power Stooges' line up live, 1973 in St. Louis. The only known version at the time was featured in the dvd included in the deluxe package for the re-release of Raw Power in 2011...How do I know? 'Not telling... Tiki

That should be great to see! I also wonder if they will include some of their lost TV footage from 1969, or maybe I'm dreaming too much!
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

If it's lost, it's not available! Stooges film - Gimme Danger  662248
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Lost doesn't mean irrecoverable! I had a little hope...
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 3:41 pm

What is known about that tv show? What date of 1969 was filmed? How many songs?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 4:15 pm

Nightclubbing wrote:
What is known about that tv show? What date of 1969 was filmed? How many songs?
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t1578-interview-with-natalie-schlossman

"The Hy Lit show was filmed in Philadelphia. As you know I still reside in Philly. Yes I can confirm that they did the show. I was there along with Jeanne and Josephine. (Both ladies worked for Elektra Records but at the time of the Hy Lit show, Jeanne had not yet started working there).

It was a half hour show. HY Lit was a very popular DJ for many years. The TV show did not last very long. It was filmed on a Saturday afternoon when the Stooges played a 2 night gig at the Electric Factory. If memory serves me correctly, they did 1969 and Dog. This show was locally aired only.

Jeanne taped the show with one of those old reel to reel cameras. We were up in the sound booth looking down at the studio. I did view the tape after ward but the quality was not great. I know you will ask so I will tell you that the tape is not around now."
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 6:22 pm

My husband was in a cult band of that same era (late '60s/early 70s) and on several local tv shows as well. Broadcasters' policies then were to recycle (tape over) all tape to keep expenses down, even if one offered to purchase the tape. Also, formats were different then, and the tapes/film stock subject to terrible degradation without professional archiving. There's a reason why this stuff is so rare...
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 4:00 pm

September 19-20, 1969: Electric Factory
Buddy Miles Express / The Stooges
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 8:56 pm

'In addition to Iggy, Jarmusch devotes a lot of screen time to other talking heads from the band’s rotating membership: the guitarist Scott Asheton (who died in 2014), his brother Ron, who was the drummer, and James Williamson, the lead guitarist who joined the band in 1970. In essence, they were all backup musicians...'

Ron on drums? James in 1970?  Backup musicians?!?  Whack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges film - Gimme Danger    Stooges film - Gimme Danger  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges film - Gimme Danger
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next