Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

another thing about 'raw power'...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gary

gary

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-10

another thing about 'raw power'... Empty
PostSubject: another thing about 'raw power'...   another thing about 'raw power'... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 am

...I don't think in all my years I've come across another, printed song title on LP that has 'originally entitled' as part of the song title ('pretty face')! Anyone know different? Has 'hard to beat' ever been issued (bootleg maybe?)
I always found this slightly amusing (and obviously have too much time on my hands to be thinkin' about this kind of stuff)!
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: another thing about 'raw power'...   another thing about 'raw power'... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:23 pm

I've always found that odd, too. It's always seemed to me that someone must have written a note while compiling the list of songs. Just a quick way to remember something and then when it went to the printer they simply printed it verbatim. If that's true then it's probably lucky that the note writer didn't go on from there to add "...pick up milk on the way home..." or something.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: another thing about 'raw power'...   another thing about 'raw power'... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:47 pm

'Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell' was originally written as 'Hard To Beat'. It was known by that title for a short time because a rough mix of that song was broadcast in early 1973 on a Detroit radio station (WABX), before the Raw Power album was remixed by Bowie and finally released later that year. In between the broadcast and the release Iggy changed the title of the song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another thing about 'raw power'...   another thing about 'raw power'... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another thing about 'raw power'...
Page 1 of 1