Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.

Go down 
+15
Radiobirdman73
freemind
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
G, F#, E
dtklamf
Donald
homesickjameswilliamson
mr.datsun
mc
Natalie
gazatthebop
Rob Gallucci
ChuckN
jpod
Tyronehell
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Just found a couple of places on the net where you can get your order in for the Legacy Edition of Raw Power.

HMV has the best price for £13.99

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=284700

Amazon.co.uk has it for £19.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00383ZTXO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0TX8P214KDCKESW2928E&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

I very much wanted the Deluxe deluxe version but the price of getting it here in the U.K. is outrageous. I think it worked out at £80 so I've got my order in with HMV for the Legacy Edition which I wanted to have as well.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 pm

what the fuck!!!

these online fuckers are takin' the piss.
i just checked and the prices have NOW gone up to £17.99 on Play and £27.99 on Amazon

jesus, order 'em fast before they go up again!!!
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

amazon have put there price up. I got my order in with hmv for £13.99 so I would get in there quick before they put theres up.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

There is one thing I don't get. What is the difference between the Raw Power : Legacy Edition and the Raw Power( 2 cd Legacy edition) ? The first go for 27.99£ at Amazon as you said. The second go for 13.99$!!
According to Amazon they both contain the 2 cd's and the same tracks.. This make no sense, so I must have overlooked something.

The 2 cd Legacy edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Power-2-CD-Legacy/dp/B00383ZTXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268924722&sr=8-1

and the Legacy edition:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00383ZTXO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0TX8P214KDCKESW2928E&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

They actually have it up as 2 prices on Amazon.co.uk.

here it is as £17.99.

i think they just messed up. these are the same products.
i see that shit all the time on amazon. dumbasses!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Power-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B003AYPM7O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269018926&sr=8-11
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Incredible mess. And I thought my vision was failing me..

But a listed price should be a listed price. So if we take advantage of this and order the 2cd Legacy edition from my link in the prev. post we should get the stuff for 13.99$. Can't see that they will or is permitted to charge more than the listed price from where we ordered..
Is this a loophole we can take advantage of? Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. 602213
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Tyronehell wrote:

I very much wanted the Deluxe deluxe version but the price of getting it here in the U.K. is outrageous. I think it worked out at £80 so I've got my order in with HMV for the Legacy Edition which I wanted to have as well.

Ditto here. The Deluxe total price is unaffordable to me. I even considered not getting it at all until I read Natalie's comment that it's never sounded so good, so I've ordered the Legacy version - it's still £13.99 incl. p+p on HMV. Now, if only the new version can actually allow us to hear more of Ron & Scott then I'll be a very happy man.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:19 pm

HMV UK are often the cheapest when it comes to advance orders, in the past stuff has arrived on the day of release.
just bought a 3xCD promo from ebay £30....no dvd but couldn't wait any longer!

Last edited by gazatthebop on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Wow, somebody sold the promo?

Is it the original or a copy?
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

PostSubject: Power   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:45 pm

gazatthebop wrote:
live in UK....and just bought a 3xCD promo from ebay £30....no dvd but couldn't wait any longer!

I had that in my watch list. But I think its watermarked, where every minute there is some added audio. Say for example every minute you will here " Property of Sony".
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 pm

its an original US copy and watermarked. I have had watermarked discs before and they have not had any audio to spoil the music, this one does not either.

Last edited by gazatthebop on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:04 am

jpod wrote:
They actually have it up as 2 prices on Amazon.co.uk.

here it is as £17.99.

i think they just messed up. these are the same products.
i see that shit all the time on amazon. dumbasses!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Power-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B003AYPM7O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269018926&sr=8-11

Amazon:

The £27.99 copy is on Sony and has a release date of April 12.

The £13.99 copy is on Strategic Marketing and has a release date of 26 April.

Is the former an import? Do these Sony Legacy sets usually have US and UK versions?
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

maybe its out in the US first and the higher price is an imported copy of the discs that will come out in the UK two weeks later?
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Tyronehell wrote:
Here is the cheepest yet at £8.95 with free delivery in the U.K.

http://www.blahdvd.com/Music/Iggy-The-Stooges-Raw-Power-Legacy-Edition-Music-CD/88697561492/product.htm

this also lists release as 12th April, play.com has it listed as 26th and so does amazon for the £13.99 one, but the £18.99 one is listed as 13th

so what is the difference in the products

blahdvd.com
Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power (Legacy Edition) - £8.95 / 12th April release

play.com
Raw Power - 40th Anniversary Legacy Edition (2CD) - £13.99 / 26th April release

amazon.co.uk
Raw Power (Legacy 2CD Edition) - £13.99 / 26th April release

and

Raw Power: Legacy Edition (Dig) [Import] - £18.49 - 13th April release

this may be pedantic but i'd like to know what the difference is or if there is a difference because i'm debating whether or not to get the deluxe boxset and dont understand why the same product is listed for 13.99 and 18.49 with the only difference being the date of release - is it just an import?

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Tyronehell wrote:
Here is the cheepest yet at £8.95 with free delivery in the U.K.

http://www.blahdvd.com/Music/Iggy-The-Stooges-Raw-Power-Legacy-Edition-Music-CD/88697561492/product.htm

this also lists release as 12th April, play.com has it listed as 26th and so does amazon for the £13.99 one, but the £18.99 one is listed as 13th

so what is the difference in the products

blahdvd.com
Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power (Legacy Edition) - £8.95 / 12th April release

thanks
HJW

I'm convinced that the earlier release will be an import which accounts for the higher price. And as mentioned Amazon.co.uk have now marked the 13th April copy as an import. How blah are going to sell an import copy on 12th for £8.95 is a mystery and may be inaccurate. I don't really believe it unless they're operating offshore like Jersey in which case they don't need to add VAT as it is payable by the buyer/import in the UK. Personal low value goods (ie. under £18) imported into the UK are exempt from VAT and I think import duties, too.

I presume the UK/European copies will be manufactured or at least packaged in uk/europe and may differ in small details. Like it will say 'made in England'. Oh, and they'll have to use the Royal UK Mix where Iggy sings in the Queen's English.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:20 pm

Wow! Amazon.co.uk have got the import for 125.99 now. It's all wrong though, it says it's only one disc.
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 pm

blahdvd.com have just put the price up to £11.95 and push the release date back to 26th of April.
Got my order in when its was £8.95 thank god.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 am

Thank god I got my order in when it was £125.99.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:47 am

Amamazon.uk seem to have deleted the 12th April version. We'll have to more wait....
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:31 am

An ebay seller who was offering the Legacy set on the 12th April has told me that they wont get them until 26th – so with Amazon dropping the 12th April set as well it looks like we wont see it until the end of the month in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm

I ordered mine from HMV and got a mail today telling me that IT'S SHIPPED!
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

I just got mail from HMV too!!!!!!
hurry up mr postman king
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Came this morning. Looks and sounds great.

Nigel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.   Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Legacy Edition Pre Orders for the U.K.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next