Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

live link to stooges show tonight

Go down 
+26
Loco Mosquito
gazatthebop
Garageman
Eman Resu
regufr
freemind
Aku
Natalie
heavy liquid
Shakes
sway
dumdumboy
G, F#, E
napalm_cheetah
stooges
coffeepotman
Lucas
cb
mindless
larry fine
kaiserken
studioguy
soldier
Tyronehell
Hectorlovesthestooges
MACHINEGUNTHOMPSON
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 am

can't stand that stage invasion nonsense...
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 am

Is that the Depp thing they've talked about before?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:11 am

No it's Elijah Wood (or "Frodo" as everone knows him) who's meant to play Ig.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 am

Ha funny! I'm not a big fan of those type of flicks generally, like the Runaways film coming out soon.
The only good thing about the stage invasion crap is you can usually get right up front after all the knuckleheads clear out:)
I'm watching John Fogerty on PBS, a pretty poor substitute to what some people saw tonight:(
another cool caption:
"spite of being the \"old guard\" the singer still has power to stir the public"
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:15 am

Why can't you stand it? It allows people the chance to dance up on stage with them and scares the festival owners. What's not to love?
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 am

Setlist:
Raw Power
Kill City
Search and Destroy
Gimme Danger
Cock In My Pocket
Shake Appeal
(a nice little saxophone medley by steve while the invaders got off the stage)
Loose
Funhouse (they had to restart it; it didn't sound good. They got it right in the end though)
Night Theme (wow!!)
Skull Ring
Johanna
I Got a right

"This motherfucking song is for Ron Asheton!":
I Wanna Be Your Dog

Encore:
Five Foot One (It sounded really good)
The Passenger
Death Trip
Lust For Life

Overall it was a great gig. Some of the Ron songs were a little hacky but fuck it; it's great to see them play again.

EDIT: I forgot to say that James were using VOX amps

Last edited by napalm_cheetah on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:23 am

perfect setlist...shake appeal best
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:29 am

Any luck getting a recording of it?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:31 am

Iggy's solo songs eh? So The Stooges are now just his backing band. Damn.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 am

mindless wrote:
Any luck getting a recording of it?
No sorry..
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Iggy's solo songs eh? So The Stooges are now just his backing band. Damn.

its already been made clear that they will be doing some songs from iggy's earlier career. mainly stuff iggy had worked on w/ williamson if im not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:45 am

Iggy never worked on Lust For Life, The Passenger or Five Foot One. The Kill City stuff doesn't bother me. His demoting of The Stooges to an Iggy Pop vehicle has.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:58 am

5'1" is from New Values and James was on that LP. I'm glad he's mixing it up some, geez the first show & already complaining, LOL.
Oh well, I guess it will pop up on youtube or somewhere soon.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:01 am

James produced 5 foot 1. He wasn't involved in the writting.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:02 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Iggy never worked on Lust For Life, The Passenger or Five Foot One. The Kill City stuff doesn't bother me. His demoting of The Stooges to an Iggy Pop vehicle has.

Considering there are only two original Stooges left with the rest being hired guns (James was originally hired to fatten up the sound) I don't have a problem with it. Especially considering Iggy has had a 45 year music career and spent the last 5 doing only 2 years worth of material.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 am

Then why does he still use the name "Iggy And The Stooges"? If hes going to do solo stuff he should just advertise it as "Iggy pop" again.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:28 am

Way too uptight over 2 songs dude. This is 35 years in the making and you're going to complain and start polls? Gimme a break.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 am

I didn't say I have a problem with the reunion, I have a problem with Iggy using the Stooges as a self-promoting vehicle. I don't care if you disagree because the fact is Iggy would have been nothing without The Stooges just like they'd be nothing without him. Actually they're the same. Iggy is a member of The Stooges. We're not talking Iggy Pop and chums, we're talking about The Stooges.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 am

interesting to see how this all pans out. if i had been able to get the stream earlier as some had mentioned via proxy, i would of recorded the webstream.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 am

Yeah but it's not. Iggy & the Stooges were a free flowing band that changed lineups repeatedly over the years after the first 2 LPs. The first Iggy Lp I ever owned was Metallic KO, then Kill City, then Raw Power. To be honest, I didn't even really care for the first 2 LPs when I first bought them as overpriced imports in 1978, but they grew on me. I missed the Leads!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 am

That's all taste which is fine. But The Stooges weren't Iggy's backing band. They were Iggy and either Ron or James on guitar...or both. My point is if Iggy's going to use The Stooges name he shouldn't be playing solo stuff. There's all manner of brilliant Williamson tracks he could have picked from.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:50 am

Well, If James & band doesn't have any problem playing them, why should you? Aside from Search & Dog, they are probably his best known tunes. See, I like lots & lots of bands, Rory. I heard all these arguments over a band called the Raspberries, who's lead singer was Eric Carmen. Who wrote All By Myself. Booking the Raspberries did not work, so they started playing that hit & even advertised as Eric Carmen & the Raspberries a couple harder to sell venues. Like I noted, Iggy Pop's name sold more records then Stooges, and it is a business. It's easier to book an artist playing tunes many more ordinary people love then an obscure B side or an unreleased jam. Another band I really like is Blue Oyster Cult. Their hardcore fans are so tired of hearing Don't Fear The Reaper & their other 2 big FM hits from the 70s at every gig we took up a collection and paid for a gig WITHOUT the hits! So it's a smart business move. To me, I'd like to see another tour like Iggy's 1988 tour. Great mix of tunes from all eras. If playing those couple tunes grows the audience that will hear Cock In My Pocket and Death Trip, well that's great to me.
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:54 am

"iggy and the stooges" are a BAND , not an album. certainly its natural for bands to cover songs. id rather em cover iggy songs than some other bands at the moment.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:55 am

I have no problem with them calling themselves "Iggy & The Stooges", none. It's marketing, it makes sense. But I do have aproblem with the solo songs, The Stooges played big venues and festivals before with Ron who played no solo songs. "Raw Power" is more well known (it's also sold more copies than the other Stooges records), more people have heard "Search And Destroy" than "I Wanna Be Your Dog". So James shouldn't need to play Iggy solo songs. It's what Iggy's decidedout of ego rather than money.
Back to top Go down
mindless

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 am

And you know that how? Would you feel differently if Scott told Iggy, you know I always loved the drumbeat in Lust For Life? Or If James wanted to play Passenger cuz it's a badass tune?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: live link to stooges show tonight   live link to stooges show tonight - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

live link to stooges show tonight
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next