Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brujo

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction   Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 5:21 am

Revenge Records 2007

Anybody know if there are actually "unreleased" songs on here?
Many of the "unofficial" releases I've purchased claim to have "unreleased" songs. And well, I'm sure you Stooge fans must know the boogy.

I have lots of nice pretty cd booklets and I'm not totally being sarcastic there. Every essay by an "expert" and group of photos with Ig bleeding or showing his ass is appreciated by me.

But this cd:
Amazon link for "Night of Destruction"
seems to have 21 songs spread over 6 cd's and only costs $29 US dollars... I just gotta say, "Huh?"

Do you guys know why so many cd's in this collection? Why so few songs? Why so cheap? Are there any takes I haven't heard before if I own all the Bomp!, "Heavy Liquid", etc? Is the packaging worth the money even if I do own all these "previously unreleased" songs?

Quote from the Product Description on Amazon: "Limited Edition deluxe box set featuring six CDs of vintage live and previously unreleased tracks all housed in miniature LP sleeves. Don't miss this limited edition collector box which also includes an exclusive interview with Ron Asheton and a rare radio advert! The unforgettable Detroit band fronted by Iggy Pop reunited in 2007 and are touring worldwide. Revenge. 2007."

I can't find the Revenge Records website but if you scroll down to the bottom of this page it does seem to give a track listing.

Anybody know anything? I couldn't find any other talk about this release on this forum or elsewhere on the web.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction   Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:19 am

When Revenge started issuing these semi-legal tracks in the late 1980s they mixed full length albums with a bunch of vinyl 12" EPs.

Night Of Destruction was simply six of the EPs put onto CD and stuck in a box. Hence the short running times of each disc.
All of the tracks had been issued before, mainly on vinyl, but some on CD. Since then nearly all of the tracks are available elsewhere on CD - on Metallic KO, on the various Live At The Whisky A Go-Go 16/09/73 albums, on the Heavy Liquid box, on I'm Sick Of You, on Kill City, on various 1973 rehearsal compilations.

As far as I can tell only the interview with Ron Asheton and "Dynamite Boogie" (a Williamson / Pop jam from 1972) are still unavailable elsewhere. But as so much of this stuff has been issued again and again and again I could easily be wrong...

However, if it is really cheap it's a neat box to own, especially as it is a limited edition. I already have these songs, so personally I wouldn't bother getting them all again, but if you don't have them then it's a cool set of rarities.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction   Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:14 am

yes. this boxset, is cd's in a box, most are released elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction   Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:31 am

I bought Night Of Destruction a month ago in Barcelona for 40 euros which is like 60$. It is worth buying, especially for Stooges fanatics Smile Not like 'Heavy Liquid' though, but still cool Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction   Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you guys have an opinion about "Night of Destruction
Page 1 of 1