Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Embassy Reels?

Go down 
+41
jaredlange911
jdb1982
rubber legs
LunarTunes
unheard78
ChuckN
ianianian
LuckyMonkey
ziggysane
Petrie Terrace
NOS300B
G, F#, E
mc
iggy
StoogesFan
tjb81
studioguy
Ilmostro
MJG196
comaman
StoogeFan
TeddyB1018
johnthelawman
Garageman
Radiobirdman73
stooges
mark
jpod
boogie
jpstooges
krugersoldier
seventeen
mr.datsun
gazatthebop
neven
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
cantona7
merkin
NY Pussy
larry fine
Tyronehell
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:33 pm

OK but the mix we have there on the legacy and the other pressing, as interesting as it is, doesn't gel with the other tracks. The Embassy version does.

Plus the rest might be the same, but mastered as it is, it kicks ass.

The two bonus tracks from the embassy reels on the legacy disc 3 are remastered to sound exactly like on CD 1. Is this dumb or is this dumb ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
jdb1982

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I didn't know about the Embassy version. I'm going to have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Can anybody pm me link to where I might get a hold of the embassy reels that is doing the rounds. Even better if it's flac (true lossless version).
Back to top Go down
jaredlange911

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Does anyone have the Sundazed single they could send me online? I would really appreciate it. I'd really like to hear the different versions.
Back to top Go down
Willie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 am

I'm actually a person who ran into the Embassy version via a flac torrent dating the album from 1977 on Demonoid. Pure luck. And yes, some more bass in RP and S&D as well as some things in the mix a bit more clear than in my old CBS cd. First when I listened to it, did sound like a bassier mix with aforementioned details. So I've a/b'd the cds to see if I wasn't tripping, and further internet reaerch on that matter brought me here.

Edit: the rest DOES sound the same
Back to top Go down
andy75

andy75

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Willie wrote:
I'm actually a person who ran into the Embassy version via a flac torrent dating the album from 1977 on Demonoid. Pure luck. And yes, some more bass in RP and S&D as well as some things in the mix a bit more clear than in my old CBS cd. First when I listened to it, did sound like a bassier mix with aforementioned details. So I've a/b'd the cds to see if I wasn't tripping, and further internet reaerch on that matter brought me here.

Edit: the rest DOES sound the same

Congratulations!

I can't find anything like that on Demonoid now. By far the best version of Raw Power... I've been listening to a low quality cassette rip for some time now & I'm desperate to get a hold of this in better quality on both vinyl and CD. Reading this thread have been very interesting, but I'm so confused on what version I should look for in the used bins. I know it should be pressed in the UK 1973, but is the label supposed to be the all orange CBS?
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 am

andy75 wrote:
I can't find anything like that on Demonoid now. By far the best version of Raw Power... I've been listening to a low quality cassette rip for some time now & I'm desperate to get a hold of this in better quality on both vinyl and CD. Reading this thread have been very interesting, but I'm so confused on what version I should look for in the used bins. I know it should be pressed in the UK 1973, but is the label supposed to be the all orange CBS?
Yes, you need the CBS UK 1973 original pressing with plain orange label to hear the alternate mix of S&D (picture below). The rest of the album sounds similar to other pressings.
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 43099_RP_Or_UK_1973_LBL
The 1977 Embasssy copy I have (with red & white label, as shown on the first page of this thread) doesn't have this alternate mix. It does sound different than other pressings though, but not better (to my ears). It's just muddier.
The best pressing of Raw Power I've heard so far is the original Italian pressing. On US/UK (& other European) originals, Williamson's guitar & Iggy's vocal are covering almost the rest of the instruments. Here things are more balanced, bass is more pronounced and the midrange is less aggressive. The difference is not huge, one needs to be familiar with this LP to actually hear it, but it sounds like a very close yet different mix than the other releases (though this is quite unlikely another mix was made just for Italy). Different mastering? Maybe. Anyway, I think it's worth hearing (not for casual listener, of course).
A/B samples:
Gimme Danger: Iggy's voice is much cleaner, less midrangey, and bass is way better (27 seconds of original US, than Italian LP):

Search & Destroy (34 seconds of original US, than Italian LP). More bass, less mid-range:

Shake Appeal (50 seconds of original US, than Italian LP). Without Iggy's voice covering everything, hand-clapping is more audible:

Even the cover is different…it has "flipback" (top & bottom of the front cover are folded on the back), something common on UK or French pressing until 1969…but completely out of time in 1973. Also, the back cover has a deep-blue tint:
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 98752_Raw_Power_It_FBL
Back to top Go down
andy75

andy75

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you so much for your informative post jpstooges! Really helpful information.

I need both the Italian & UK original vinyls to have both versions of SAD in best possible sound... Well. The UK one is my first goal! The low quality MP3 rip I found of the "Raw Power" knocked me out... If it's possible to find a digital version of the UK edition in the boot section I'm gonna try that, but since I'm new here I can't access that part of the forum just yet. But CD version or not, I need the vinyl for my collection!
Back to top Go down
gabs

gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Tyronehell wrote:
Have any of you got the Embassy press of Raw Power and if so what is your thoughts on the mix on it as it is supposedly different from the Bowie and Iggy's mixs & there is 2 songs from that mix going on the reissue as bonus tracks.

I dont have the Embassy version myself but have just won a copy on eBay and should be here with in the week.

Hello guys.
These are my LPs!

The original print, CBS Italiana, the real Raw Power that plays wonderful for my opinion Bow Down
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Rawpower1
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Rawpower3

These are CBS Embassy 1977 reissues, but the label are differents and the signature on vinyls too.
Side 1 is different in Gimme Danger...so there are different mixes
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Rawpower2

Ciao! Eat Pizza
Gabz
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
jpstooges

jpstooges

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:18 pm

gabs wrote:
These are CBS Embassy 1977 reissues, but the label are differents and the signature on vinyls too.

Ciao! Eat Pizza
Gabz
Any chance you could post sound sample of that alternate mix of Gimme Danger? Pleeeeeaaaaaase! Thanks
Back to top Go down
gabs

gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 am

jpstooges wrote:
gabs wrote:

Ciao! Eat Pizza
Gabz
Any chance you could post sound sample of that alternate mix of Gimme Danger? Pleeeeeaaaaaase! Thanks

OK jpstooges, for your pleasure
Ciao
Gabz Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 887387

CBS-S-31464_A CBS Embassy 1977 reissue
GIMME DANGER *Wav shot from soundforge:
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Take1

GIMME DANGER *mp3 take1:
Gimme Danger take1

CBS-S-31464_A4 CBS Embassy 1977 reissue
GIMME DANGER *Wav shot from soundforge:
Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Take2

GIMME DANGER *mp3 take2:
Gimme Danger take2

Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 RawpowerGabz
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
jpstooges

jpstooges

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm

gabs wrote:
jpstooges wrote:
gabs wrote:
Ciao! Eat Pizza
Gabz

OK jpstooges, for your pleasure
Ciao
Gabz Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 887387
Many thanks for taking time to upload these samples! Are channels actually reversed on the records, or did you mixed left & right when recording samples (Gimme Danger guitar intro is on the left on every version of Raw Power I've heard so far)? From what I hear (and see from the waveform), the CBS-S-31464-A version is in narrow stereo (almost mono), while CBS-S-31464-A4 has wider stereo separation (like UK or US version) and better sound quality. I wouldn't call this a different/alternate mix, it's more a good sounding pressing (CBS-S-31464-A4) and a bad one (CBS-S-31464-A). The Japanese original pressing of Raw Power has similar –and unexpected- poor sound quality.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 am

Hey guys, could anyone PM me a link to the embassy reels? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:37 pm

edit
Back to top Go down
mhb2862

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 7:46 am

I just discovered this forum and that this alternate mix exists! Does anyone have a link or something where I can download this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Embassy Reels?   Raw Power Embassy Reels? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Embassy Reels?
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9