Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release

Go down 
+25
Chris Moise
Nervousnorvus
dan b
jpod
mc
Garageman
adams66
Iguanas
gasman124
Rob Gallucci
larry fine
birchy
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom
homesickjameswilliamson
ElRoi
Shakes
Rode Hard
StoogesFan
Natalie
freemind
G, F#, E
Tyronehell
Petrie Terrace
Nadja
Donald
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

IGGY AND THE STOOGES RAW POWER
LEGACY EDITION RELEASED BY SONY MUSIC ON MAY 3RD
DELUXE EDITION AVAILABLE FROM WWW.IGGYANDTHESTOOGESMUSIC.COM
SEMINAL STOOGES ALBUM RELEASED IN LEGACY & DELUXE EDITIONS
INCLUDES BONUS DISC OF PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD FULL ‘GEORGIA PEACHES’
SHOW FROM ’73, AND UNRELEASED BONUS TRACKS.
IGGY POP’S ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION NYC MARCH 15TH
LIVE ATP SHOWS AT HAMMERSMITH APOLLO MAY 2ND & 3RD
“I always liked Raw Power. A lot. I knew that not a lot of other people would like it at
the time it was made, but what could I do? Seeing it re-released yet again on Sony
Legacy is deeply satisfying. The Stooges and I are cocked and loaded to follow up and
deliver it live on stage in 2010.” Iggy Pop
Originally released by Columbia Records in 1973, the savagely bombastic ‘Raw Power’ by Iggy And The Stooges
(Iggy Pop, James Williamson on guitars, the late Ron Asheton on bass, Scott Asheton on drums), remains one of the
most ironic and influential rock albums of all time. Produced by Iggy Pop and mixed by David Bowie, this eight
song, 34 minute sonic nosebleed featuring the songs ‘Search And Destroy’, ‘Penetration’, ‘Your Pretty Face Is
Going To Hell’, ‘I Need Somebody’, ‘Death Trip’, ‘Raw Power’, ‘Gimme Danger’ and Shake Appeal’, was the
confluence of The Stooges ages, hormones, creativity, ability, experience, tastes, lack of supervision, contempt for
authority and ambition. Complete with an unforgettable Mick Rock sleeve ‘Raw Power’ is the first record that
could truly be called punk.
And now, following decades of searching and archive trawling, Sony Music is thrilled to announce the release of
‘Raw Power’ in both Legacy & Deluxe Editions packed with amazing extras. Both the Legacy & Deluxe
Editions are produced by Iggy Pop, Bruce Dickinson, and Robert Matheu.
Raw Power Legacy Edition - Released May 3rd (2CD/DVD)
• Original 8-song, 34-minute album produced by Iggy & mixed by David Bowie featuring ‘Search And Destroy,’ ‘Raw
Power’
• Full-length one-hour ‘Georgia Peaches’ show recorded at Richards in Atlanta, October 1973 – plus two
previously unreleased bonus tracks from album sessions and rehearsals
• Booklet with journalist liner notes from Kris Needs and US veteran Brian J. Bowe plus introductions by Iggy, James
Williamson, and Scott Asheton
Raw Power Deluxe Edition – Released exclusively through www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com
(3CD/DVD/BOOK/PRINTS/7”)
• Original album (CD One) and ‘Georgia Peaches’ show plus bonus tracks (CD Two)
• CD Three: Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era
• Disc Four – DVD : The Making of Raw Power documentary
• 48-page softcover book adds essay by Henry Rollins; photographs by Mick Rock, Robert Matheu & more;
testimonials by Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Jim Reid & more
• Five exquisite 5x7-inch prints, suitable for framing
• Japanese pic-sleeve 45 single repro: “Raw Power” b/w “Search And Destroy”
Raw Power Legacy & Deluxe Edition Contents
Georgia Peaches
At the core of the Legacy and Deluxe Editions is disc two, titled ‘Georgia Peaches’, a one-hour performance at
Atlanta’s notorious rock club Richards in October 1973 where Iggy and the Stooges played three or four nights, two
sets each night, with one long set on Friday and Saturday nights. Many collectors (including Robert Matheu and
Bruce Dickinson) were in possession of various heavily-edited shards from Richards, as much as a half-hour’s worth
on cassette.
After the Stooges reunion got underway in 2003, Ron Asheton made Matheu aware of a Richards cassette he had
stored away. Matheu employed due diligence and his sleuthing led him to Joe Neil, the original recordist of ‘Sam’s
Tape Truck’ parked outside Richards (who now runs an archive house and digital recording facility in Atlanta called
Doppler Studios). Many, many shows were recorded at Richards for the top labels, for use on syndicated radio shows
like King Biscuit Flower Hour. But radio was never ready for Iggy and the Stooges, and so the original pristine board
tapes languished from 1973 on. Their discovery on Joe Neil’s desk is akin to the Rosetta Stone of Iggy and the
Stooges missing links.
A few of the album’s songs were still in the set by the time they played Richards – ‘Raw Power,’ ‘Gimme Danger,’
‘Search And Destroy,’ ‘I Need Somebody’ – but as Matheu observes, “They weren’t just going out and playing the
‘Raw Power’ album in its entirety. They were constantly writing new songs and updating the setlist with new
songs, always thinking forward.” So the other four ‘Georgia Peaches’ songs – ‘Head On,’ ‘Heavy Liquid,’ ‘Cock
In My Pocket,’ and ‘Open Up And Bleed’ – would all be part of the set by the time Iggy and the Stooges were in
their final stages together as a band five months later, back home at the Michigan Palace in February 1974, as first
documented on the Metallic KO album.
The ‘Georgia Peaches’ disc concludes with two previously unreleased bonus tracks. The first was part of a
long studio jam that originated as an outtake from the ‘Raw Power’ recording sessions, and was titled ‘Doojiman’
because of its island jungle vibe. The second version of ‘Head On’ originated in 1973, when Iggy and the Stooges
were holed up at CBS Studios in New York City, rehearsing for their upcoming gig at Max’s Kansas City in advance
of their U.S. tour.
The ‘Georgia Peaches’ set (which took its name from one of Iggy’s rants at the Southern crowd) features West
Coast journeyman pianist Scott Thurston in the Stooges lineup. He was “discovered” by Williamson in Los Angeles,
soon after the widely-bootlegged Whisky A GoGo engagement, when the Stooges pianist Bob Sheff (who had been in
the Prime Movers with Iggy) decided to leave. Thurston stayed with the Stooges until the bitter end in ’74.
Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era
Comprising eight tracks from various sources, five of which are previously unreleased. Two of these are
outtakes from the ‘Raw Power’ sessions, songs that do not appear anywhere else in the Stooges canon: ‘I’m
Hungry’ (which evolved into ‘Penetration’) and ‘Hey, Peter’ (the latter conceptually unrelated to anything on
‘Raw Power’).
Two songs are from an early aborted ‘Raw Power’ session, ‘I Got A Right’ (which became an Iggy and the Stooges
staple and has been covered by dozens of bands) and ‘I’m Sick Of You’ (another staple, whose version here was
previously issued on a rare Bomp EP in 1977). Two more tracks are Iggy’s “violent” alternate mixes of ‘Gimme
Danger’ and ‘Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell,’ from the 1997 Columbia/Legacy ‘Raw Power’ reissue.
Background on two more tracks: ‘Raw Power’ was cut from the Columbia U.S. catalog within a year or so after its
release, but had reappeared on the CBS UK budget-line Embassy Records line, “by popular demand” of Brits at the
dawn of the punk rock era. Matheu began importing copies to the Peaches record store he managed in Detroit. He
immediately noticed the Embassy LP and cassette mixes of “Raw Power” and “Search And Destroy” were different
than the U.S. mixes he knew.
Three decades later, Matheu informed Dickinson of the Embassy issue, and Dickinson contacted Richard Bowe at
the Sony UK archive. They were able to find the original tapes – now known as the Embassy Reels – which did,
indeed, have different codes and matrix numbers on them. As Dickinson began transcribing the Embassy Reels, it
wasn’t just ‘Raw Power’ and ‘Search And Destroy’ that were different, it was a completely alternate mix for the
whole album. The alternate mixes of ‘Shake Appeal’ and ‘Death Trip’ on this Rarities CD are some of the fruits
of that search.
The Making Of Raw Power DVD
A new 30 minute documentary featuring new interviews with with Iggy Pop, James Williamson, Scott Asheton,
Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, and Henry Rollins, plus electrifying performance footage of James Williamson’s first
performance with Iggy and the Stooges in 30 years(!) at Festival Planeta Terra in São Paulo, Brazil, November
Japanese pic-sleeve 45rpm 7” single repro: ‘Raw Power’ b/w ‘Search And Destroy’
A superb reproduction of the rare Japanese picture-sleeve 45 rpm single, ‘Raw Power’ b/w ‘Search And Destroy.’
The U.S. single was “Search And Destroy” b/w “Penetration,” and Dickinson found single mixes with different eq’s
for all three songs in the Sony vaults. White label promo copies of the U.S. 45 are widely found, but original copies
of the Japanese pic sleeve single can command big bucks at auction sites. 48-page softcover book with 5 exquisite 5x7-inch prints, suitable for framing
A stunning 48-page softcover 7-inch square book that accompanies the box set. In addition to the same two essays
and introductions that appear in the Legacy Edition booklet, the box set book adds a new 1100-word essay by
Henry Rollins, as well as testimonials about the enduring legacy of Raw Power from Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Tom
Morello, Cheetah Chrome (Dead Boys), Hugo Burnham (Gang of Four), Jim Reid (Jesus & Mary Chain) and more.
The book’s essence, however, is the wealth of photography inside – from the collections of Mick Rock and Robert
Matheu, among others. Also included in the box set are five exquisitely printed 5x7-inch photographs. Booklet with journalist essays plus introductions by Iggy, James Williamson, and Scott Asheton
24 page standard CD-size booklet chronicling the evolution of Iggy and the Stooges, and the album’s creation. Two
essays written by Mojo/Record Collector journalist Kris Needs & US veteran Brian J. Bowe explore in extensive
detail the history of the band, their associations with Elektra and then Columbia Records, Iggy’s recruitment into
Tony DeFries’ MainMan Management stable that also included David Bowie, Mott The Hoople, and Lou Reed, the
album production in London and its influence on rockers from Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), Brian James (the Damned),
and Mick Jones (the Clash), to Kurt Cobain (Nirvana), Henry Rollins, and Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream) – to
name a few. The booklet also includes personal introductions written by survivors Iggy Pop, Scott Asheton, and
James Williamson (who returned to the lineup after Ron’s death on January 6, 2009). They continue to tour as Iggy
and the Stooges, with bassist Mike Watt (formerly of the Minutemen) and saxophonist Steve Mackay. RAW POWER: LEGACY EDITION by IGGY AND THE STOOGES
(Columbia/Legacy 88697 56149 2) Disc One: RAW POWER (recorded September-October 1972, originally issued February 1973, as
Columbia 32111) Selections: 1. Search And Destroy • 2. Gimme Danger • 3. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
• 4. Penetration • 5. Raw Power • 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Shake Appeal • 8. Death Trip.
Disc Two: ‘Georgia Peaches’(Live At Richards, Atlanta, Georgia, October 1973, all tracks previously
unreleased) Selections: 1. Introduction • 2. Raw Power • 3. Head On • 4. Gimme Danger • 5. Search And Destroy
• 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Heavy Liquid • 8. Cock In My Pocket • 9. Open Up And Bleed • Bonus tracks: 10.
Doojiman (previously unreleased outtake from Raw Power sessions, 1972) • 11. Head On (previously
unreleased CBS Studio rehearsal performance, New York City, 1973). RAW POWER: DELUXE EDITION by IGGY AND THE STOOGES
(Columbia/Legacy 88697 65714 2)
Disc One: RAW POWER (recorded September-October 1972, originally issued February 1973, as
Columbia 32111) Selections: 1. Search And Destroy • 2. Gimme Danger • 3. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
• 4. Penetration • 5. Raw Power • 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Shake Appeal • 8. Death Trip. Disc Two: ‘Georgia Peaches’ (Live At Richards, Atlanta, Georgia, October 1973, all tracks previously
unreleased) Selections: 1. Introduction • 2. Raw Power • 3. Head On • 4. Gimme Danger • 5. Search And Destroy
• 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Heavy Liquid • 8. Cock In My Pocket • 9. Open Up And Bleed • Bonus tracks: 10.
Doojiman (previously unreleased outtake from Raw Power sessions, 1972) • 11. Head On (previously
unreleased CBS Studio rehearsal performance, New York City, 1973). Disc Three: Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era Selections: 1. I’m Hungry (outtake from
Raw Power sessions) • 2. I Got A Right (outtake from an early aborted Raw Power session) • 3. I’m Sick Of You
(outtake from an early aborted Raw Power session) • 4. Hey, Peter (outtake from Raw Power sessions) • 5. Shake
Appeal (alternate mix version from recently discovered alternate mix reels, “The Embassy Reels”) • 6. Death Trip
(alternate mix version from recently discovered alternate mix reels, “The Embassy Reels”) • 7. Gimme Danger
(alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy “violent” remixes) • 8. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell (alternate mix from
the 1996 Iggy “violent” remixes). (All tracks previously unreleased except tracks 3, 7, and 8.) Disc Four: DVD – The Making Of Raw Power, produced and directed by Morgan Neville (featuring interviews
with Iggy Pop, James Williamson, Scott Asheton, Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, and Henry Rollins; plus performance
footage from James Williamson’s first reunion concert with Iggy and the Stooges, at Festival Planeta Terra, São
Paulo, Brazil, November 2009). Bonus Japanese 7-inch 45 rpm single repro: Side One – Raw Power b/w Side Two – Search And Destroy For further information please contact Stuart Kirkham at 9PR on 0207 833 9303
stuart@9pr.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

lots of info, thanks.
'savagely bombastic' is an interesting phrase. I never thought of the word bombastic to describe the Stooges before
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 pm

" ‘Raw Power’ by Iggy And The Stooges ... remains one of the most ironic and influential rock albums of all time"

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release 662248
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Have they started taking orders for the Deluxe Edition yet & if so how much does it cost?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Let's see how many times we can fit Robert Matheu into this write-up!

Two guys found that tape and sent it to The Stooges, Scott said it in an interview last year.
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 pm

I just hope that we'll have finally THE good mix like L.A.M.F the lost tape
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 am

You know what is ironic? Some of the "facts" in this press release!
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Is anyone else pissed off at how the release date keeps on slipping? A few months ago this was "slated for a March release", then we had a press release giving dates in April. Now it seems to have been put back yet again to May. Assuming the two versions are released in their original order (ie: Legacy Edition first) this means that the Deluxe Edition has effectively been put back by a full month. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 pm

WANT.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 pm

StoogesFan,

These things take as long as they take.

I'd rather wait a bit longer for perfection!

Natalie
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Natalie wrote:
StoogesFan,

Natalie

Yeah, I know.....I just find it frustrating to come so close only to have it pulled further away again.

Although I suppose after 37-years of waiting, the odd few weeks shouldn't matter that much. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:41 am

i am definitely looking forward to this box set. the legacy editions are always worth the money in the long run. i love the over-all job they did with pearl jam's ten.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 am

Natalie wrote:
StoogesFan,

Natalie
Exactly. From the looks of it they are finally going to do justice to this seminal album and all the craziness the surrounded it's making. I will be getting this as soon as it is available, whatever the cost. It's very sad that Ron isn't around to see it.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:37 am

Well they're just re-releasing the Bowie mix, his superb basswork will still hardly be present.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

I just saw the stones exile reissue, its going for £109, thats the super deluxe boxset
which has;

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/13803924/Exile-On-Main-Street/Product.html

Quote :
Exile + bonus disc, DVD & double vinyl all in triple gatefold sleeve, 4x postcard set in envelope, 64 page cloth bound book featuring the rare and acclaimed Dominique Tarle & Ethan Russell photographs, Exile tour photographs, first time published memorabilia collection and the story of Exile.

to bring it back on topic, does anyone know how much the raw power boxset will go for? if its £100+ i dont konw if i can get it right now - and also does anyone have news on the pre-order date?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 pm

There is just no way I could spend that sort of money at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:08 am

Raw Power, Legacy edition is on pre-sale at US Amazon.com for $13.99.

I think the deluxe edition will be reasonably priced and within most people's budget.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 am

to echo natalie's words, i also believe it'll be at a reasonable price. the legacy edition for pearl jam's ten was around $120, which included: two CD's, one DVD, one replica cassette, three double LP's, various memorabilia, notes on 12"x12" flats and a replica of eddie vedder's journal documenting 1990-1992. all cased in a very nice box casing.

obviously, the raw power legacy edition has far less than the pearl jam set. that is why i agree with natalie and also feel it'll be less than a $100+ price tag.

i will say though that legacy do not just pump out a cheap-looking set. it is well worth the price tag with excellent presentation and quality.
Back to top Go down
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 am

That is the UK press release and if you check the website out, you'll see that the Deluxe edition ships as promised, the release date is April 13th, may be the UK date is different, but I doubt it as it was schedule to hit before the London shows.

Someone in this thread questioned how the Richards recording came about, and maybe it wasn't entirely clear, but I had a reel of that since the 70s and it was indeed heavily edited. A mutual friend of the Ashetons and I, did give a copy to Ronnie, the band loved it. Scott mentioned it to me, and after hearing it, I immediately knew the performance, and it was edited even more and attempts had been made to splice together Search And Destroy, rending it a full minute shorter. After Iggy gave me his blessing to find a home to release it, I went to Sony. Bruce Dickinson and myself for years had been trying to find the long rumored recording of the Ford Auditorium show, and I knew there might be interest at Sony for a Legacy Edition if we had a good tape.

Were there any other questions?

Last edited by BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://robertmatheuphotography.com
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 am

One last note of interest, I think the UK press release overlooks mentioning that the original Bowie mix has been remastered using 2010 technology, which does reveal that it wasn't the mix that was at fault, but that the volume was so savagely bombastic that the 1973 Columbia mastering engineers didn't know how to deal with it.

A closing shout out to Natalie! How are you dear?
Back to top Go down
http://robertmatheuphotography.com
birchy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hope the Raw Power thing is reasonably priced,I was thinking something around the£50 mark!!!!
Much as I LOVE the Stones,they do take the piss.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Robert,

I am just fine, thanks for asking. I'd be even better if you'd send me an advance copy of this release! Very Happy

I thought I'd run into you at the Jam for Ron, in LA, but did not see you there. Perhaps, I'll see you in London in May?

Take good care,
Natalie
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom wrote:
That is the UK press release and if you check the website out, you'll see that the Deluxe edition ships as promised, the release date is April 13th, may be the UK date is different, but I doubt it as it was schedule to hit before the London shows.

Someone in this thread questioned how the Richards recording came about, and maybe it wasn't entirely clear, but I had a reel of that since the 70s and it was indeed heavily edited. A mutual friend of the Ashetons and I, did give a copy to Ronnie, the band loved it. Scott mentioned it to me, and after hearing it, I immediately knew the performance, and it was edited even more and attempts had been made to splice together Search And Destroy, rending it a full minute shorter. After Iggy gave me his blessing to find a home to release it, I went to Sony. Bruce Dickinson and myself for years had been trying to find the long rumored recording of the Ford Auditorium show, and I knew there might be interest at Sony for a Legacy Edition if we had a good tape.

Just one question: Will the live disc in this set feature the full unedited show, or has an edited version of the tape been used as the master? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 pm

StoogesFan wrote:
Just one question: Will the live disc in this set feature the full unedited show, or has an edited version of the tape been used as the master? Cheers.

It's a full show.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 pm

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom wrote:

Hey Robert, I was asking about this on the forum as I read an interview with Scott a while back that contradicted this.

http://www.iggypop.org/scottasheton.html

The statement is in the last paragraph of the interview there. Could you shine some light on that? Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next