Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade

Go down 
+90
blackout88
Mr. FunBoy
CARLTON
morwells
Five Star Edge
shemp
jdb1982
comaman
heavy liquid
G, F#, E
dtklamf
adams66
hank67
KarlR
specotron
ziggy
jaredlange911
Luzern
LunarTunes
Stranger09
modernlover
Shakes
Triskell
unheard78
liam studebaker
TED
mghifi
trigger
NOS300B
ianianian
rubber legs
rev. mike
berlinberlin
the5thramone37
seventeen
steve2787
Nitebob
Nervousnorvus
johnthelawman
jerrythebarman
ashitanoramen
elvis plebsley
Nadja
TeddyB1018
Radiobirdman73
nkdlunch
Ilmostro
StoogesFan
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Tyronehell
StoogeFan
Natalie
andrew
mr.datsun
neven
gasman124
sway
Loose1969
napalm_cheetah
kaiserken
ad_hoc
homesickjameswilliamson
gazatthebop
Iguanas
mark
coffeepotman
birchy
Monger
Gimme some skin
Aku
Cato
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom
freemind
Garageman
jpod
Chris Moise
mc
ElRoi
sweet_sixteen
Petrie Terrace
weed_killer
citizensmurf
stooges
Hectorlovesthestooges
MJG196
rabid_fish
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
trailerborn
ggriffin
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredlange911

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:12 pm

I keep hearing that they'll get back with me in 1-2 business days with a solution or update. They acknowledged the mistake after going back and forth 10 times. Still waiting.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Rhino returns policy.

: If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to accept a return for a replacement, exchange (for item(s) of comparable value) or a refund. You can return your purchase for up to 3 months from the purchase date. Items must be in the condition in which you received them and in the original packaging.

Once your return is received and inspected by our warehouse staff (usually within 72 hours of receipt), we will process your refund and automatically apply a credit to your credit card or original method of payment within 7 days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your bank account.

For replacements and exchanges, once your return is received and inspected by our warehouse staff (usually within 72 hours of receipt), we will process your request and ship within 7 days.
Back to top Go down
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 am

If anyone would still like to hear those mixes and hasn't already, feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
CARLTON

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

major record labels ..what a bunch of cunts ! Rhino have employed people who plain cant understand the English language or any other i suspect, in there customer services dpt . My copy of the first album re issue re issue re issue never showed up at all but then 2 bare discs turn up . I have written 3 very polite letters to customer services to be told im afraid we are unable to send you the package you bought , is there a problem with the replacement discs ?? AAARRGGHH i want to stab one of them !! It makes the problems we have, look insignificant, yet we do try everything to sort out every little thing personally . this lot really don't care !

Sony now there's another bunch of cunts i fuckin hate them after being advised that we had to hand over some of OUR tracks to go towards the box set and we shouldnt expect a cent for them , we agreed to in return for a couple of file copies and a credit saying these tracks courtesy of easy action recordings ltd etc

yeah you got it ! we got fuck all ! admittedly Bruce Dickinson is trying to help us out here but the mentality at sony is one of "we got what we need now fuck off " !

Rant over !

We are working hard to get all the parts of Popped ready for the summer i promise you you will love this !
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Love
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:41 pm

My pre-ordered copy did not arrive here in the uk either. At least ten emails to rhino and they agreed to send a second copy by "ups ground" which was suppose to take 5-7 days to arrive. That replacement copy did not arrive. I have been promised a third copy will be posted and was asked to confirm my address, i have done this and the latest email says it has been referred to management who will make the decision whether to send out a third copy. I have asked Rhino for the tracking numbers, they have ignored my requests for them.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Carlton you should have considered sending Sony damaged copies of the tapes when they asked for them. I provided the tape for Tim Buckley's "Copenhagen Tapes" cd. I deliberately damaged (a review copy of) the tape so it was less usable and they would have to pay for my master copy...next thing i know the damaged copy was in the shops and i was sent a promo copy and a letter saying they hadn't used my tape but thanks anyway. Funny how the recording they did use sounded the same as the damaged copy i'd made and posted to them weeks earlier!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:57 pm

I cant believe how poor Rhino / Sony etc are treating customers, i'm very glad i didnt buy these boxsets, i'm surprised - maybe because EasyAction were the only label i ordered off online and always responded to us personally - that they are even allowed to treat people like this
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 pm

this is sounding increasingly horrendous. I haven't ordered the reissue yet (strangely enough, as I'm fanatical about that album)..now, sad to say, it's starting to seem like the right decision almost..
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

an update for those who still care..rhino handmade, who still ignore my requests for the UPS tracking number, and there have been about a dozen requests made so far, have agreed to ship to the uk a third copy as the other two, if they were posted at all did not arrive. The second one was supposed to arrive within 5-7 days. This third one has been promised in 3 days. I don't believe a word they say .....and my card company are saying its too late to make a claim because its over 45 days....the saga continues!!
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm

oh no, i was a little too hasty, second email of the day from Rhino....

"We apologize for wrong information that was provided to you in the previous emails. As per the update received from the management team we would like to inform you that we have sent a request to the concerned department"

ho-hum wonder what that means.
Back to top Go down
jaredlange911

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 pm

I got this new number from them if anyone wants to call. 1800-CAL-DEAD.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 am

gazatthebop wrote:
an update for those who still care..rhino handmade, who still ignore my requests for the UPS tracking number, and there have been about a dozen requests made so far, have agreed to ship to the uk a third copy as the other two, if they were posted at all did not arrive. The second one was supposed to arrive within 5-7 days. This third one has been promised in 3 days. I don't believe a word they say .....and my card company are saying its too late to make a claim because its over 45 days....the saga continues!!

gazatthebop,

your third copy? It sounds like you have problems with mail going missing at Royal Mail. Have you taken it up with them? Good luck with the third copy.

I now have been told by customer services that my complaint and request for refund has been 'escalated' to the management team. I ask for the email of whoever was dealing with it (but don't expect to get it). Anyway, I'm not going to stop pursuing it.

(I wrote to dr.rhino@rhino.com a few times before customer services and got no reply apart from an out of the office reply once during a national US holiday. Customer Services then tried to tell me that the email I used was wrong as way of explaining their lack of response.)
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

yes, third copy...its not being delivered by Royal Mail it is being delivered by UPS and to deal with them i need a tracking number which rhino has continually ignored my requests for.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:59 pm

gazatthebop wrote:
yes, third copy...its not being delivered by Royal Mail it is being delivered by UPS and to deal with them i need a tracking number which rhino has continually ignored my requests for.

I meant the first (and second?) missing copies....
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:30 am

they were ups too!
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 am

gazatthebop wrote:
they were ups too!

Your first was UPS? Mine arrived through Royal Mail. I'm surprised that UPS could have lost two of them.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:55 pm

"Oh God, I have no idea why they bothered. There's really nothing distinguishing there that makes it worth a reissue. It's scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't get it. But they have their reasons... they probably show me a bunch of figures and it makes sense. But as a musician, a reissue means nothing to me." John Cale OBE
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm

WOW strong words from Cale
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:38 pm

TED wrote:
WOW strong words from Cale
He's talking about the 2005 remaster though, not the Rhino Handmade one.
www.bbc.co.uk/wales/music/sites/john-cale/pages/interview_2005_02.shtml
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:53 pm

yup, i can imagine his opinion will be the same though...he's too busy in the studio to comment on the handmade issue
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:02 am

I'm sure he's happy to get paid, but why should be concerned about a reissue he's not involved with? He's essentially right though, the Cale mixes don't add much to the album's legacy. Yeah, they're interesting mixes to listen to but I'm still going to choose the standard version of the album for regular listening. It's great to have them and I'm glad to have the opportunity to listen to them, but it's nothing life changing.
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:11 am

unheard78 wrote:
I'm sure he's happy to get paid, but why should be concerned about a reissue he's not involved with? He's essentially right though, the Cale mixes don't add much to the album's legacy. Yeah, they're interesting mixes to listen to but I'm still going to choose the standard version of the album for regular listening. It's great to have them and I'm glad to have the opportunity to listen to them, but it's nothing life changing.

But he doesn't even mention his mixes. I mean it's not clear – he could be talking in that statement about the Stooges 1st LP in general. He may not have even heard that the Cale mixes were on there.

Maybe he hasn't ever thought that much of it anyway. At any rate for him it's probably a minor event long gone in the past.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:16 am

he does talks about his mixes "i have no idea why they bothered". and though he is not one to dwell on past events he does not see producing the stooges as minor work
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:51 pm

gazatthebop wrote:
he does talks about his mixes "i have no idea why they bothered". and though he is not one to dwell on past events he does not see producing the stooges as minor work

gazatthebop,

I'm just going on what it says in the interview at that link.

'You produced the debut album by The Stooges, which has recently been remastered. Did you hear it?

Oh God, I have no idea why they bothered. There's really nothing distinguishing there that makes it worth a reissue. It's scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't get it. But they have their reasons... they probably show me a bunch of figures and it makes sense. But as a musician, it means nothing to me.'

At least here, he does not mention the 'Cale mixes'. Nor is there is a mention of the mixes in the question. Are you party to another version of the interview where he does specifically talk about his mixes on the reissue?

I said 'minor event'. Not 'minor work'. i.e. minor event in his artistic life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next