Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?

Go down 
+2
woody
imastooge69
6 posters
AuthorMessage
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Empty
PostSubject: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:05 am

I thought it was average, but has some ridiculous lyrics by Iggy, especially in 'The Horse Song', 'Eat or be Eaten' and 'The Ballad of Cookie McBride'.
Not suggested for a first time listen for someone who wants to get into Iggy Pop, but it is decent... unlike Party.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:25 pm

It was my favourite solo Iggy disc for a long time. I liked the deranged lyric and esp the off-key vocal. After the two Bowie albums and the hit-and-miss of the Arista trio it seemed like hearing the sound of a Stooge again, at last, back with a couldn't-care-less attitude, and really pissed (in all senses) - indie label, all that. Sounded like an honest record, which is the only good sort, made by a man near the end of his tether who'd given up anymore trying to impress the right people to get ahead.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

I think I read (in open up and bleed) that it is his most personal album. I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:50 am

Party is AWESOME... i don't know why i love it, but I do... unlike zombie birdhouse, that one sucked ass hahaha... seems everybody has differents tastes
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I did like Zombie when first hearing it. The cover invited to a mystical album, and the songs kind of fit the strange cover. Not surprised it's his most honest album, it has that feel. Today I never listen to it.. It's in the shelf collecting dust. Think the biggest problem with the album was the lack of repetition value.. It gets dull after a few listens. The Horse Song is probably my fave track.
For those who have read Trynka's "Open Up And Bleed", the idea of the album has a very fun background story including woodoo and shamans.

Have to go with rabid on this one, except I don't think Zombie is crap.(it's half-descent enough) Just that Party(maybe it deserves it's own thread too?), with all it's flaws, is a better listen, and is much stronger regarding repetition value. Still chip Party on the turntable once in a while.
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:47 am

ChuckN wrote:
I did like Zombie when first hearing it. The cover invited to a mystical album, and the songs kind of fit the strange cover. Not surprised it's his most honest album, it has that feel. Today I never listen to it.. It's in the shelf collecting dust. Think the biggest problem with the album was the lack of repetition value.. It gets dull after a few listens. The Horse Song is probably my fave track.
For those who have read Trynka's "Open Up And Bleed", the idea of the album has a very fun background story including woodoo and shamans.

Have to go with rabid on this one, except I don't think Zombie is crap.(it's half-descent enough) Just that Party(maybe it deserves it's own thread too?), with all it's flaws, is a better listen, and is much stronger regarding repetition value. Still chip Party on the turntable once in a while.

Haha! To quote Esther: "Oh my god! They're gonna kill us! They're gonna kill us!"
Back to top Go down
DJ Mark David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2024-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 10:30 pm

In my top 5 of Iggy’s solo albums. But I dig unhinged stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?
Page 1 of 1