Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Empty
PostSubject: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:05 am

I thought it was average, but has some ridiculous lyrics by Iggy, especially in 'The Horse Song', 'Eat or be Eaten' and 'The Ballad of Cookie McBride'.
Not suggested for a first time listen for someone who wants to get into Iggy Pop, but it is decent... unlike Party.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:25 pm

It was my favourite solo Iggy disc for a long time. I liked the deranged lyric and esp the off-key vocal. After the two Bowie albums and the hit-and-miss of the Arista trio it seemed like hearing the sound of a Stooge again, at last, back with a couldn't-care-less attitude, and really pissed (in all senses) - indie label, all that. Sounded like an honest record, which is the only good sort, made by a man near the end of his tether who'd given up anymore trying to impress the right people to get ahead.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

I think I read (in open up and bleed) that it is his most personal album. I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:50 am

Party is AWESOME... i don't know why i love it, but I do... unlike zombie birdhouse, that one sucked ass hahaha... seems everybody has differents tastes
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I did like Zombie when first hearing it. The cover invited to a mystical album, and the songs kind of fit the strange cover. Not surprised it's his most honest album, it has that feel. Today I never listen to it.. It's in the shelf collecting dust. Think the biggest problem with the album was the lack of repetition value.. It gets dull after a few listens. The Horse Song is probably my fave track.
For those who have read Trynka's "Open Up And Bleed", the idea of the album has a very fun background story including woodoo and shamans.

Have to go with rabid on this one, except I don't think Zombie is crap.(it's half-descent enough) Just that Party(maybe it deserves it's own thread too?), with all it's flaws, is a better listen, and is much stronger regarding repetition value. Still chip Party on the turntable once in a while.
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:47 am

ChuckN wrote:
I did like Zombie when first hearing it. The cover invited to a mystical album, and the songs kind of fit the strange cover. Not surprised it's his most honest album, it has that feel. Today I never listen to it.. It's in the shelf collecting dust. Think the biggest problem with the album was the lack of repetition value.. It gets dull after a few listens. The Horse Song is probably my fave track.
For those who have read Trynka's "Open Up And Bleed", the idea of the album has a very fun background story including woodoo and shamans.

Have to go with rabid on this one, except I don't think Zombie is crap.(it's half-descent enough) Just that Party(maybe it deserves it's own thread too?), with all it's flaws, is a better listen, and is much stronger regarding repetition value. Still chip Party on the turntable once in a while.

Haha! To quote Esther: "Oh my god! They're gonna kill us! They're gonna kill us!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?   What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you all think of Zombie Birdhouse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: