Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP

Go down 
+2
jpstooges
theclarkness
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Empty
PostSubject: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Yup they just popped thru the post post and I must say they look the dogs bollocks ( not being big headed - just happy with the print/card weight etc etc)
Will post a pic later, as i have a couple of screamers to finish so.........
LES
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 am

Just got mine today, it looks very nice indeed. Slightly different artwork than CD version, with very cool Ron & Scott pictures on the back. Great work, LES!
Check discography section for higher resolution pictures: https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t3554-compilations-live-recordings-lp-see-also-revenge-records#48233

Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  55708_A_Thousand_Lights_FBL
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah well the shapes different from the landscape A5 and because the track running order and theres two sides!!!!! hence the slightly different artwork Even at this size you cant see where i knocked out Iggy on the back. It looks better on the LP (SIZE MATTERS), though i love the A5 format rather than those shitty plastic cases too, glad ya liked it.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Those plastic cases have been an abomination from day one. How did they ever become the standard for CDs? Mad Anything in cardboard is 100% better, and the A5 is very very nice. My Thousand Lights is the only A5 I have, but I wish there were more.

Designs for this release are very lush. Cool
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Are there different colours? My one looks like duck egg blue.
As for the running order, it is weird hearing LA Blues on its own rather than after Fun House.
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Donald dunno 'bout the duck egg blue mines a silvery grey and i was told silver!!!, am not gonna try n match it right now with my PANTONE swatches etc, originally it was gonna be glittery speckled silver - but too much snap crackle pop
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Amazon.com will have this on January 8 for $23.41!!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Nice to see that 2 of my photos that were originally in the Popped fan set were included on this vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Oh, just saw that 3 of my vintage shots were used! YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP    Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges Silver Thousand Lights vinyl LP
Page 1 of 1