Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First mention of the new record!!

Go down 
+10
951Sib
woody
damned
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
dtklamf
Donald
fabrice
studioguy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

First mention of the new record!! Empty
PostSubject: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 am

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:27 pm

finally , and Scott seems to be onboard !
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Nice find. I hope it is better than the last one. A lot better.
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

At last, i agree lets hope it's better than last time.

Nigel
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm

That's great news! I like the album title too.
JW and Ed Cherney did a terrific job on the reworked Raw Power a couple of years ago, so there's every reason to think that Ready To Die wil at least sound excellent.
I just hope that Iggy spent more time on his vocals and lyrics than he did on The Wierdness (on which he seemed very half hearted).
No indication yet of a release date is there? But it would make sense if the album was out in time for the summer shows.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Was just about to post this. Great news, great title.

Really looking forward to this.

Hope we hear more soon.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Production wise, it should be really good. Reading between the lines on James W's facebook posts, he spent at least 3 weeks at the studio. I hope Iggy took writing more seriously this time. The engineer that mixed this did the Kill City re-mix, so he gets the sound
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Exciting news, and yes, great to see Scott's on board. For me, it can't really be a Stooges record without at least one Asheton. ..
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 am

Rock ON!!!! First mention of the new record!! 780554
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Nadja wrote:
Exciting news, and yes, great to see Scott's on board. For me, it can't really be a Stooges record without at least one Asheton. ..
Absolutely!

Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

I wonder what he means by "They're the antichrist of anthems"?
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I suppose it means the guys are as tough as antichrists making music as strong as antianthems? or something like that...sounds good to me , sounds like stooges music !
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 am

fabrice wrote:
I suppose it means the guys are as tough as antichrists making music as strong as antianthems? or something like that...sounds good to me , sounds like stooges music !

Hopefully YES!!!

The Stooges have lots of anti-anthems hopefully we get some great new ones

Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm pretty sure that new record will be much better than "The Weirdness". Very excited to hear it!
Back to top Go down
harmonia

harmonia

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Independent on Sunday has an interview with Iggy today to promote 40th aniversary edition of RP with yet another publication of the Mick Rock Photos in Fulham basement and Scala gig. Anyway the real news is that the release date of this new album is 22 April to tie in with Iggy's 66th birthday

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/i-did-debauch-myself-to-achieve-that-look-iggy-pop-looks-back-to-his-iconic-1970s-heyday-8483820.html

Last edited by harmonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm

thanks for that info harmonia.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Came here to post about the interview

Excellent news, its coming quicker than i'd expected - and two days after my birthday!

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Great link there. So Iggy wants to quit?! He's just messing right?

This new LP sounds like James's record more and more.
Back to top Go down
951Sib

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Do we know if there will be some Ron Asheton stuff on this record?
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Shocked

Surely not?!

Is that even possible?

Wow. That would be really something.

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 pm

951Sib wrote:
Do we know if there will be some Ron Asheton stuff on this record?

Doubt it. The Jim Jarmusch documentary plan to use some of the Ron/Scotty recordings though.
Back to top Go down
951Sib

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Ok, thanks. I hope this will be a great record anyway.

Other question: did Steve McKay participate?
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

READY TO DIE

NEW ALBUM OUT APRIL 30 ON
FAT POSSUM RECORDS

"a real fucking group... they also make fucking records. They don't just go and twiddle around on stage to make a bunch of fucking money" Iggy Pop

Better 40 years later than never: The follow-up to the first record ever to bear the Iggy and the Stooges logo - the immortal proto-punk masterpiece Raw Power - will finally be out April 30, when Fat Possum Records releases the all-new Iggy and the Stooges studio album, Ready To Die.

Ready To Die finds Iggy Pop, guitarist James Williamson and drummer Scott "Rock Action" Asheton reunited for a full album of all-new material for the first time since the legendary Raw Power sessions, with Mike Watt filling in for the late Ron Asheton on bass. The results are the closest thing to a time capsule to 1973 - or at least to Iggy's subsequent efforts with Williamson, including 1977's Kill City and 1979's New Values - that rock 'n' roll is likely to proffer in this millennium. The new album's opening one-two of ‘Burn’ and ‘Sex & Money’ pair sublimely blunt and self-explanatory subject matter with back alley razor-blade guitars and a troglodytic rhythmic stomp as intensely single-minded as Iggy's lyrical statements of intent. Elsewhere on the album, anthems abound in the form of the most dead-on rallying cry for the lower-working-class dispossessed to date--the succinctly and aptly titled ‘Job’ - as well as a title track that mixes a signature Iggy Pop mission statement of angry desperation with guitar pyrotechnics that recall those halcyon opening salvos of ‘Search & Destroy’.

Just as Iggy exhumed the original Stooges name when he reunited in 2003 with the Asheton brothers, the revival of the Iggy and the Stooges moniker that first appeared on the cover of Raw Power heralded the return of guitarist James Williamson to the fold in 2009, or as Iggy put it then "although 'the Stooges' died with Ron Asheton, there is still 'Iggy and the Stooges'." As far as the decision to record and release a new Iggy and the Stooges album for the first time since 1973, Iggy recently commented:

"My motivation in making any record with the group at this point is no longer personal. It's just a pig-headed fucking thing I have that a real fucking group when they're an older group they also make fucking records. They don't just go and twiddle around on stage to make a bunch of fucking money..."

Iggy and the Stooges will begin the Ready To Die live assault shortly. Stay tuned for coordinates.

Available For Pre-Order At http://fatpossum.com/products/ready-to-die

For Further Information contact Sarah Lowe or Stuart Kirkham at Fifth Avenue PR fifthavenuepr@mac.com / stuartkirkham@mac.com + 44 208 960 1744
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for posting the press release Donald.
Ready To Die - sounds like it's going to be an angry album.
And with James on production duties it's probably going to sound excellent.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First mention of the new record!!   First mention of the new record!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First mention of the new record!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: