Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]

Go down 
+3
StoogesFan
fabrice
Pop Stüge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 am

This is a great reissue/remaster. Sounds amazing and the speed corrected Cale mixes are certainly welcome (love the sound of John's voice). I wanna say that this and the recent remaster of Zombie Birdhouse are almost too clear and clean, but as someone who listened to these (vinyl) albums on cheap-o stereos in the 70's and 80's a lot, it's hard to not notice. And if remastering Zombie Birdhouse is what made Iggy add Run Like A Villain to his recent set list then I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 pm

sounds great...when and where did Iggy recently sing Run like a V. ? that and Endless sea is enough for me to buy a ticket for the next gig !
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 am

11/21/2019 London
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Any information about a physical release? The Amazon 'Digital Music' page refers to "Number of Discs: 2" and a few tracks are listed as "Album Only". However, only mp3 downloads are available and there is no mention of CD or vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Reverb

Reverb

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Looks like there are many copies of this for sale on Discogs. White 180g vinyl released June 2019, 1000 copies for HMV’s “Vinyl Week”. But I didn't see any mention of it being a 50th anniversary edition. Even though doing a little math would suggest that’s what it is (so is there still ANOTHER version released to observe the golden anniversary?) It also looks like just last year a different 2xlp version with slightly different bonus tracks was released. All bonus material was mixed almost 15 years ago, which suggests said bonus material might have already been released in some format or other.  I would love to hear if anyone has compared the sound quality of these two releases. (OP mentioning the 2019 release sounds excellent is appreciated) Any golden-eared Stooges completists out there? Help.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 4:24 am

This is a digital only release. The mere fact that this has the Cale mix of the whole album is worth it. Also has extra tracks that I don't think I've ever heard before.
Back to top Go down
Reverb

Reverb

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 6:07 am

My mistake. I had gone strait to Discogs when I saw StoogesFan asking about a physical release. After taking a look on Amazon I see how this is different than either of the two recent double lp releases. Man...so many choices.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Pop Stüge wrote:
This is a digital only release. The mere fact that this has the Cale mix of the whole album is worth it. Also has extra tracks that I don't think I've ever heard before.

Pop Stüge - It is a brilliant re-release of this album for sure, and certainly worthy of the 50th anniversary. But if it is a 'digital only' release, why are Amazon not allowing 3 tracks to be downloaded on the basis they are "Album Only"? And why are they advertising it as a 2-disc album? I really want this new release, but it looks as though I cannot get the complete version unless there is a physical release.

Have a look at the Amazon page here:

http://www.amazon.com/Stooges-50th-Anniversary-Deluxe-Remaster/dp/B07YQGCG6R

Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 7:37 pm

At Rhino's site you have the option to stream the album or buy it from itunes. I think the only way to get the whole thing is through itunes.
Back to top Go down
HarrisJrld

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Pop Stüge wrote:
At Rhino's site you have the option to stream the album or buy it from itunes. I think the only way to get the whole thing is through itunes.

Thank you, I was just looking for how to download an album. Good luck in the new year!
Back to top Go down
https://rfcfinancialplanners.com/
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Pop Stüge wrote:
This new 50th Anniversary release has the same tracks as the Collectors Edition on Rhino Handmade from 2010 in slightly different order, but this time the Cale mixes run at the correct speed.
Back to top Go down
gr8ful

gr8ful

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm

I usually avoid CD reissues/remasters, but the commentary here has piqued my curiosity!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]    The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges – The Stooges [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]
Page 1 of 1