Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(Rare) rips/live sets request

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gummo2020

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-12-17

(Rare) rips/live sets request Empty
PostSubject: (Rare) rips/live sets request   (Rare) rips/live sets request Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 3:21 am

Hey! I was wondering if any of you would be willing to hook me up with some of the more hard to find bootlegs/live albums (like posted by jpstooges right here:
jpstooges wrote:
My 0.02$. Pictures below are from records (I’m not into CD). None of these are really rare. Click on the player below each picture to hear sound sample from the actual record.

For “Raw Power” early mixes, the best versions -IMHO-  are on an 80’s Iggy bootleg, “Duet At The Mantra” (4 tracks only):
9Mr17t5.jpg

The same tracks can be found with inferior quality (lots of hiss) on a 10" bootleg, "Shake Appeal" (but avoid Bomp! "Rough Power" CD/EP):
Gx9RvZV.jpg

A "recent" bootleg, "Etiqueta Negra De Lugo" with more alternate mixes from "Raw Power" and excellent sound quality:
Sukef7s.jpg

As suggested by Andrew, "Studio Rehearsals 73-74" LP:
LTnadk4.jpg

Live 1973 at the Whisky A Go-Go: "Open Up And Bleed" single:
nCIp2EK.jpg

From the same show, "Iggy And The Stooges" bootleg (none of these sound great, but the Revenge LP/CD from this show are much worse):
3As2iPa.jpg

Not really a bootleg (semi-legit): "Morgan Sound Studios Ypsilanti Michigan March 1973". The CD version, released by Easy Action, is brickwalled IIRC, so you might want to get the 2-LP set from Get Back Italian label:
cVCiUfi.jpg

Also semi-legit but highly recommended, "The Electric Circus" live 1971 (also available on a CD boxset, "You Want My Action", with 3 others shows from the same tour). Great improvement over the 80’s crappy Revenge CD ("Live 1971 & Early Live Rarities") or LP ("Live 1971"):
xpmYG7Q.jpg

For Metallic KO, avoid the US or French first (vinyl) pressings, they sound really thin. I like the 1988 Skydog 2-LP reissue.
) or sources for similar material (think torrent sites etc.)

I dont wanna seem like a cheapskate leecher but even after pretty extensive searching alot of the obscure LPs seem to simply be out of rotation sale wise.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: (Rare) rips/live sets request   (Rare) rips/live sets request Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 1:05 am

Gummo2020 wrote:
Hey! I was wondering if any of you would be willing to hook me up with some of the more hard to find bootlegs/live albums (like posted by jpstooges right here.
I dont wanna seem like a cheapskate leecher but even after pretty extensive searching alot of the obscure LPs seem to simply be out of rotation sale wise.
Cheers!

You're 20 years old and have already digested everything available on CD? Either you're a fanatical fan or a really fast learner. There is not much available on LP that isn't on CD. There is the full length version of "Pinpoint Eyes" which for reasons I can't understand has never been officially released. Plus the infamous song "N****r Man" on that Spanish titled bootleg, released in edited form as "Doojiman" on the Raw Power box set. I think this group might have made that boot available here in the bootlegs section but I'm not sure.

Gummo2020 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-12-17

PostSubject: Re: (Rare) rips/live sets request   (Rare) rips/live sets request Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 1:40 am

slow extinction wrote:
Gummo2020 wrote:
Hey! I was wondering if any of you would be willing to hook me up with some of the more hard to find bootlegs/live albums (like posted by jpstooges right here.
Cheers!

You're 20 years old and have already digested everything available on CD? Either you're a fanatical fan or a really fast learner. There is not much available on LP that isn't on CD. There is the full length version of "Pinpoint Eyes" which for reasons I can't understand has never been officially released. Plus the infamous song "N****r Man" on that Spanish titled bootleg, released in edited form as "Doojiman" on the Raw Power box set. I think this group might have made that boot available here in the bootlegs section but I'm not sure.

Yeah jpstooges was so kind to send me the studio rehearsals LP i assume you’re referring to with the full correct speed cut of Pin Point Eyes. I also spent a full week tweaking til the point of nervous breakdown trying to get my hands on that spanish Raw Power bootleg xd.

Too bad most bootlegs are banned from sale on sites like discogs although when you think about more than understandable knowing how many cashhounds are still to this day making bank off of artist’s talent & dedication by flooding the market with hilariously pathetic mp3 file sourced ‘limited edition!!!!’ shit quality vinyl. (Although i must admit id give whatever semi functional organs i got left for the CD which has Iggy’s ‘78 TV eye tour gig in London with SRB lol….)

Thx for the response anyway man, cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Rare) rips/live sets request   (Rare) rips/live sets request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Rare) rips/live sets request
Page 1 of 1