Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Some Skin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-11-30

IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now! Empty
PostSubject: IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now!   IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Just spreading the word, since given the reputation this release has and how difficult it is to acquire a copy, I was somewhat surprised to see no-one else had posted about it...

IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now! Iguana10

As the cover of this 2013 release of rough mixes, demos - plus a complete, unedited "N****r Man" - contains no record company information - nothing other than album title, track listing, the name of the record label ("Boca del Ray Discos" - an apparently non-existent label; literally so, in fact, since all copies appear to have completely blank labels), plus the information that only 1000 copies have been pressed - multiple theories exist regarding its origin and how the tapes were acquired. Though, as plaidroomrecords.com (which at time of posting, still has a couple of copies for sale) states: "Sound quality is pristine, so surely this must be an inside job. Maybe one or two of the versions here appeared before in infinitely worse sound quality but the rest has never been released so far."
Copies of this essential Williamson-era release have long been extremely hard to find (so hard, it seems to be something of a Stooges collector's Holy Grail!) but a number of copies described as "reserve stock" have in recent months come to light - and at time of posting, Juno Records has one copy left - and Midheaven Records (from which I got mine - pristine and still in shrinkwrap) still has copies. Oh, and I also found a handful on ebay and discogs.

Hope this is of help to anyone wanting to plug a hole in their Stooges collection!

tweed likes this post

Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now!   IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 2:32 pm

a bit late to the party...thanx for the heads up anyway, I've never seen it myself !
Back to top Go down

IGUANA DE BANDA ‎– ETIQUETA NEGRA DE LUGO - On Sale Now!
Page 1 of 1