Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Complete A&M Recordings

Go down 
+2
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

The Complete A&M Recordings Empty
PostSubject: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:04 am

Hey, its on amazon, for like £15 so i was wondering, should i buy it, i dont have blah blah blah or instinct, is this a good buy?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 10:08 am

£15 is a very good price for 3 albums (Blah-Blah-Blah, Instinct and the live set from Boston 1988) plus the two studio discs contain 12" single remixes which have mostly never been available on cd before, and which are extremely hard to get on vinyl these days. And if you don't have these albums anyway... well, what are you waiting for?

The only negative points are that the live disc is not the complete concert - you'll need the KBFH 1997 release for the most complete best sounding version of this terrific gig. The KBFH version misses out "Your Pretty Face..." which IS included with the A&M sessions version, so between them you'd have the full show.

The other irritating thing is that "Shades" is the single version, NOT the original album cut. It's no different in mix but the single version fades out about 20 seconds from the end. So the A&M Sessions set is not, in fact, quite complete after all!

Your enjoymant of the studio albums may be tempered slightly by your personal opinions of mid 1980s productions. For me - I loved these albums at the time, went right off them a few years later when the production and overall sound ended up sounding rather dated, but have come to love them again. Blah-Blah-Blah especially is stuffed full of superb tunes (many co-written by Bowie which are way better than songs on his own albums of the time) and Instinct has a very solid sound. I feel that Instinct lacks enough variety, and too many songs sound a bit too similar, but there's more than enough good stuff here. The live album however, is superb!

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
J.N

J.N

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:15 pm

3 excellent albums but it must be a lot cheaper to buy it second hand, if you dont feel that the extra tracks are necessary to have?

$39.98 seems a bit expensive that Amazon sells it for in US dollars: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-M-Recordings-Iggy-Pop/dp/B000LSA844
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoTKokB3DQ10lxKmXL7WbA/videos?
bundy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Are albums in this release really packaged in the so-called papersleeves that resemble the vinyl records? Or are these in digipaks or jewel cases? I am looking for the papersleeve version and I wonder if it has been released only in Japan or is it available in the USA and UK too?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm

I wouldn't accept £15 to own "Blah Blah Blah" and "Instinct".
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:49 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I wouldn't accept £15 to own "Blah Blah Blah" and "Instinct".
Hahaha.. Had a feeling you didn't Wink
PS: I have now repented my sins, and have a ear disorder where LA Blues is very present
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Complete A&M Recordings   The Complete A&M Recordings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Complete A&M Recordings
Page 1 of 1