Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action new Stooges

Go down 
+51
comaman
popmansam
regufr
dorianmode
Rode Hard
Blitzkid
sheddy
dtklamf
Rob Gallucci
people
theclarkness
jerrythebarman
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Aku
mark
Stranger09
ggriffin
effectfreak
Donald
cb
larry fine
citizensmurf
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
neven
trailerborn
Garageman
Loose1969
iggy-fan
Borntohula
Shakes
heavy liquid
TED
Iguanas
napalm_cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
pernil
Nitebob
soldier
Luzern
JW82
the5thramone37
dynamite boogie
Monger
23rd Express
adams66
Nadja
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:08 pm

ohh that sound awesome. thanks.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah and Scotty said that Iggy recites some funky free poetry at the Atlanta 73 (at Poor Richards) gig and that the quality is pretty good.

Not sure why we're all jumping to the conclusion that EA are doing a boxset but they do say a "Stooges Project" so I figure it's more than just one cd.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:15 pm

http://www.montrealmirror.com/2008/073108/music2.html

This is the 2008 Montreal interview with Scott in which he mentions the upcoming release of a Raw Power period Atlanta show.

At the very end of the interview.

So the Easy Action release COULD be that show.
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm

cool
thanks luzern
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:04 am

Theres also the possibility that the Academy of music show that columbia supposedly taped but deemed unreleaseable..or the pre raw power demos like "fresh rag" and "niggerman" that horrified Defries may surface....any way you slice it,any unheard stooges is a bonus!
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 am

the5thramone37 wrote:
could anyone tell me about this atlanta show that scott talked about. ive never heard him speak of it. what year, what happened durring it etc..

There were multiple shows at Richards in Atlanta. They came after the 2 nights at the Michigan Palace in Oct 1973. This was also the scene of the Elton John in a gorilla suit appearance.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm

cool i hope that piece of history is caught on tape, it'd'b amazing to hear iggy freaking out lol

did stooges actually record nigger man/fresh rag etc? i hope they did live 1971 and early live rarities is not the best record of their time and material in 1971, it was groundbreaking stuff, amazing songs, more MC5-y
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 am

Iggy and James claim they didnt do those songs,Ron said he clearly recalled them....i always took it at face value they demo'd these and took them to Defries who signed them on Bowies insistance and freaked him out,not knowing what he'd gotten himself into! So if those exist,who would have them,Mainman or colombia? real grey area on those,but the heavy liquid boxsets first disc showed they had been banging the demos out,so who knows?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

I didn't think they (70/71 tunes) were put to tape, I thought Steve Harris and someone else from Elektra went up to see them with Danny Fields - saw them privately play the new tunes, and promptly dropped them.

The stuff that Defries freaked over was basically the I'm Sick of You EP. Hopefully we'll get to hear about this in his book Gods and Gangsters.
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 pm

4 x 1971!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Quote :
4 x 1971!

please tell me that means 4 discs of 1971 stuff and PLEASE tell me you've got some inside information that this is indeed gunna be it! dont let us down perni! lol

so is it a wish or a knowledgable rumour?!

HJW
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Cat out da bag!
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:05 pm

I emailed easy action a ffew months ago, and is indeed true, I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised !
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I don't know the exact plans or anything, but I'm hoping for Vanity Ballroom, 2 x Electric Circus, and possibly better-quality Lake Charles! Those were recorded. Per
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Probably best to just keep it here on the Forum until it's been officially announced - we don't want to Jinx it. Christmas has come late this year!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Laughing Oh well everyone on the forum knows now. Can't wait! cheers
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 pm

are you kidding, what can you tell us JLTS?!!

xmas has definitly come late and early, this is 08 and 09 xmases in one, and maybe a couple birthdays, if this is true im gunna literally jump up and down lol

so per, you think/know that its a 1971 boxset? and you too JLTS?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 pm

The rumour is (well its more than a rumour) that its a 4 disc 1971 boxset. Its been so hard to contain my excitement.

Can't wait!cheers
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
The rumour is (well its more than a rumour) that its a 4 disc 1971 boxset. Its been so hard to contain my excitement.

Can't wait!cheers

are you serious, i think im in love qith easyaction, whats the catch, all this amazing music from one label! this is unbeliavable

what do you mean more than a rumour, as in slightly confirmed? fuck 4 DISCS!!! one wouldve blown my mind anyway, but four! these guys are so great, hope they do it in the same way they did 1977, the way they packaged it, this is unbelivable, well anything stooges related, esp 4 discs is amazing, but 1971 stuff!! i cant control myself!! lol
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:23 pm

I don't kno the whole arrangement either, but I can confirm that there will be am unheard 71 show in it. I don't want to jinx it though, since easyaction seemed to want to keep it confidential in the message.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 pm

one unheard 1971 recording or four? i wonder what the other stuff could be if it isnt, im so excited about this boxset!
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Wooooow Very Happy. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 am

pernil wrote:
4 x 1971!

5 x 1971
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:32 am

Iguanas wrote:
pernil wrote:
4 x 1971!

5 x 1971

Shocked This keeps sounds better and better...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:38 am

oh my god, whos your source iguanas, or are they reliable?

five discs worth of 1971 stooges material, this is unbeliavble, if this is true and easyaction do it and pull it off and its as amazing as i think it is, i dunno what ill do, ill create an easyaction church or somehing, they have done amazing work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action new Stooges
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next