Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EasyAction Boxset New Artwork

Go down 
+34
G, F#, E
larry fine
andrew
Donald
Monger
popmansam
totenkopf
zander
Chazz Avery
Luzern
sheddy
23rd Express
Chris Moise
Funhousehideaway#2
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Borntohula
Radish
dorianmode
Loco Mosquito
studioguy
trailerborn
Garageman
freemind
JW82
soldier
TED
Nadja
theclarkness
the5thramone37
Rob Gallucci
homesickjameswilliamson
citizensmurf
mc
Blitzkid
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitzkid

Blitzkid

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-05

EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Empty
PostSubject: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi everybody,

just looked at the Stooges1971 Website and saw that the folks from EasyAction uploaded a new cover picture..

I wanted to save the previous image but for some reason never got around to do it ..

Now the question is:

Did anybody here save the previous artwork thing with the 5-piece line-up on it and could upload it for me?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 am

Cool, hopefully this means were closing in on the release date -

EasyAction Boxset New Artwork L_5179a8dcc9ef428e86d79d5bdcfd2384
Back to top Go down
citizensmurf

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:07 am

I think the new cover is a better choice. Obviously the old pic will be in the set somewhere.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:38 am

thanks for alerting us blitzkid

i think the new ones good too, i hope this means theyve decided thats it and it'll be gettin made soon or is made and they're finishing up, hope it still june, i wouldnt mind early july or something, just hope we're getting close!

can't wait, heres the new cover

EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Cover_large
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:57 am

The new one is good, and I guess the prominence of Jimmy Recca in the photo kind of sums up the "missing link" aspect of the particular band version on these recordings. As for the original photo - how cool does Scott look, and how freakin' thin does Ron look?!

Waiting to receive this boxset, I'm starting to feel like a child a week before Christmas day - I just want it to arrive immediately now!
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:01 am

I cant wait to even hear the audio samples that should be put up soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 pm

It's weird to put on the cover only Iggy with Recca.

The first cover with the whole band is far far better!!! to my opinion.
And indeed Scotty and Ron look sooo cool on it.

Although this stage performance photo with iggy is a nice and maybe more recognizable as the well known Iggy.
Are they afraid at EA that people won't recognize the band on the other sleeve..
or maybe they think the photo with all members on it is looking too outdated ??? scratch
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:51 pm

it'll probably change again for all we know, but i like it, i like both of them, i get what you're saying Zin, the whole band photo was probably a better idea, and they're only selling it to people who know what he stooges did in 1971 so i dont think they're worried if people recognise it or not, i personally dont like the purple thing or the font they used, i thought it would be more silver or black and white and silver or something, like the 1977 box they released, i dont 'get' the purple, still, cant wait to hear this - or at least, as the5thramone pointed out, the audio samples they'll be uploading (hopefully soon)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:56 pm

yeah it'll probably change again. very possible HJW.
Yeah and yr right about that purple colour.. silver would be great! although silver is much more expensive to print..
i would pay 50 ct more.. for a silver sleeve though What a Face
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:58 pm

never thought about printing costs, but im sure EA will do whatever they can to make this thing great
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:51 pm

no its back to the 5 man pic, it was all down to obtaining a "QUALITY" version of it, in my line "i don't comprimise" if anyone here has seen my Marc Bolan stuff you'll know. The total sliver foil sleeve - as like "SNATCH'S- ALL I WANT" was quickly knocked into touch, pressing plant couldn't do it, or costs cant remember. For my Electric Boogie T.REX set i wanted a total yellow, pink, cyan, white, black and blue discs - like old 70's coloured vinyl it could be done BUT........... That would have added a further £1.75 per disc to the set, which would have taken it sadly over most peoples budgets. I hope you like the feel of the set, i had a blast doin' it. I recently did AVA CHERRY & THE ASTRONETTES session A/W Bowie produced from 73/4, she liked the funky 70's with a touch of todays look, shes asked me to do her new one - HEY HO LET'S GO x Les
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:16 pm

thanks for posting Les, very informative

so we're back to the 5 man lineup cover? good, i liked them both, hopefully this means we're gettin closer to the release date!

Les, is that picture in your avatar a better version of the new cover? it looks clearer (maybe just becasue its smaller) than the one posted on the site, can you post it on here so we can see what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Rob Gallucci wrote:
how freakin' thin does Ron look?!

!

Ron very often looked like that in those days. He looked great.
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 am

its the new artwork
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
it'll probably change again for all we know, but i like it, i like both of them, i get what you're saying Zin, the whole band photo was probably a better idea, and they're only selling it to people who know what he stooges did in 1971 so i dont think they're worried if people recognise it or not, i personally dont like the purple thing or the font they used, i thought it would be more silver or black and white and silver or something, like the 1977 box they released, i dont 'get' the purple, still, cant wait to hear this - or at least, as the5thramone pointed out, the audio samples they'll be uploading (hopefully soon)

Wonder if the purple cover has anything to do with the fact that Iggy is supposed to have puked purple at the Electric Circus gigs?
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 pm

you'll never know, nah the colours that were next discussed was orange n black but i said too much trainspotting coloursgo
liliac puke!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:16 pm

theclarkness wrote:
its the new artwork

Les,
Any idea when the finishing touches are due to be completed?
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 am

yeah i was sitting drinkin beer in the garden today when i got a call from EA a statement will be passed to me 2morro
DONT FRET
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am

theclarkness wrote:
you'll never know, nah the colours that were next discussed was orange n black but i said too much trainspotting coloursgo
liliac puke!

Lilac puke is cool. I think the cover looks great.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:17 am

mc, I'm sure I read somewhere Iggy puked Vivid Green
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:13 am

Quote :

Wonder if the purple cover has anything to do with the fact that Iggy is supposed to have puked purple at the Electric Circus gigs?

haha maybe thats it! can you imagine if it was, sitting at a conference "so whats the colour scheme?" - "how about lilac, you'no cause thats the colour that was all over the stage at one of the gigs!" lol
Back to top Go down
citizensmurf

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 am

mc wrote:

Hilarious. Back in high school, I had a friend who puked purple on this white carpet. I'm still not sure what he ingested.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:15 pm

It's usuall that if there's blood in vomit its an indication of serious underlying infection - probably the case with Iggy who wasn't the healthiest boy in 71.

Last edited by mc on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Woo-Hoo! There are audio samples!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EasyAction Boxset New Artwork   EasyAction Boxset New Artwork Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EasyAction Boxset New Artwork
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next