Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Confirmation on a confusing issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Confirmation on a confusing issue Empty
PostSubject: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 am

Been reading the archives as much as time allows.

There seems to be a question on what color paint Iggy used to spray on himself.

It was silver. It was always silver. First he just wore silver gloves. Then he started to spray his hair, face, chest and back with the silver spray paint. He did it for shows in Chicago, Ohio, Michigan and New York. He probably spayed himself other times but I can only speak about the shows I attended.
I think where the confusion started is when he wore that one legged costume. That was custum made for him by a well known '70 s designer. I used to know the name but it escapes me now. That costume was gold and black and net. James had a costume made also but it was less flashy than Iggy's one legged contraption. Ron and Scott had the option to have something made but decided to wear regular clothes as usual.

I have to say the costume was interesting but I preferred the ripped jeans. I always thought the jeans were just so Iggy and just so perfect!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 pm

So it was always silver... hejhej good to know Natalie. thnx.

I do prefer the dogbelt look..indeed when Iggy wore ripped jeans. Although nowadays.. dunno about the jeans outfit..
it just looks less cool. it's fitting too tight i guess.
saw lately an old footage Iggy wearing a expencive suitpant. a bit like Brian Ferry used to wear.. woowieee..
just love to see him being totally wild and jumping around in these pants!

Ah... so now we talk about trivial stuff.. i do have a hair question. We actually do even have a special hair thread on the forum.
It started with this question about the times iggy had long hair and tiny curls. Sinclair times.
We were wondering if Iggy had a perm in his hair.. or maybe he just ate too much vegetarian food What a Face
And maybe you know how long did he wear his hair like that.. and was it a hippie influenced thing cuz of Sinclair?

Natalie i try to find the thread back and repost this questions.. maybe you can answer on that thread if you like?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm

ZinZin,

Maybe you want to start a new trivia thread in DOWN on the STREET?

I will try to anwser when I know and others can jump in also.

About the hair, yes Iggy had a perm. It was in '67-68. That was before I knew him but I saw some old pictures so I asked about it. Iggy's hair is naturally poker straight. When I first met him, his hair looked like the hair on the photo that is the front of this forum.

Natalie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 pm

thought so it was a perm.. ha hahaha.
and was it coloured red too?

Think I'm the one who opened the most trivial threads on this forum.
Don't want to open a new one anymore at the moment.
But others.. please feel free !!

Natalie here is the link of that old hair thread i posted today the same question.. when you scroll down that page:

https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/down-on-the-street-f9/stooges-hair-t680-100.htm
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Okay, if anybody wants to start a new trivia thread I will try to help out.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey Natalie, do you think he used ''shiney dollar'' spray paint? That was my friends #1 choice. Of course, they used to spray it in paper bags.... well you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Spray paint must have been hellish to wash off Laughing
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 am

Popmansam,

I don't remember the name of the paint. I had a discussion with Iggy about using actual stage make up instead but the sprau was easier and it did look good. Not sure if he liked the smell of it. There were many other influences at the time so I don't think it mattered.

GF#2

I don't think he washed it off from show to show. According to Ron, that was not exactly Iggy's cleanest period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation on a confusing issue   Confirmation on a confusing issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmation on a confusing issue
Page 1 of 1