Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date

Go down 
+57
StoogesFan
c-deep
Garageman
coffeepotman
citizensmurf
popmansam
dan b
Cato
iggy
dorianmode
scott
iggy-fan
Nitebob
Luzern
dk
Lucas
rokyforever
francois
gasman124
elvis plebsley
LuckyMonkey
pjpeanutz
Aku
CARLTON
mark
dynamite boogie
ElRoi
trailerborn
comaman
napalm_cheetah
Donald
the5thramone37
Borntohula
Nadja
Natalie
cb
Rode Hard
Iguanas
dtklamf
JW82
MJG196
Funhousehideaway#2
Chemmy
studioguy
Monger
Rob Gallucci
tompa67
gazatthebop
don_vercetti
lolakelly
G, F#, E
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
mc
23rd Express
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 pm

I wonder what James, Iggy and Scott's thoughts are on this long-lost material surfacing - have they commented on it at all? Who knows, if they get to hear it and it refreshes their memories we might be hearing Big Time Bum and Dead Body in the set next year!
Back to top Go down
CARLTON

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm

james has done a short interview in the next issue of record collector within the reviewof the album
we have resticted review copies to an absolute minimum and only to be people who actually 'get' what we have attempted to do.Then we will be judged

i shouldnt imagine scott or iggy have much interest . they will be receiving copies weather they like it or not after rehearsals next week .

To be honest none of them remember an awful lot about this point in time so they were about as useful as....well you can imagine

thank god for , natalie , craig petty , lisa gottlieb , Tipton , nite bob who can recall something from the time and trynka and per for documentation
Back to top Go down
francois

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:45 pm

French post offices strike this week ! I'm cursed, i don't know how much longer i have to wait for it ...

Sad
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm

mine arrived, great set. second night (15.5.71) is the best imho, they are really on fire. cool tee too, cheers.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info Carlton, mine was box only, so maybe it will arrive today. Cheers !
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 am

The mailman has came and went and still I sit here awaiting its arrival.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:53 am

Hahaha, dude.... I did the EXACT same thing ! hahah. I was hoping he had missed the package and would come back and deliver... no luck. Maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: 22nd Sept arrival   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 am

Mine has arrived. Took a while and 6000 odd views on this thread but thanks EA - presently enjoying the Detroit 13.4.71 show. I think I like this one the best even though the original tape obviously had aged and molted a fair bit. I kind of like the grungy nature of it. Reminds me of listening to all those '73 shows for the first time back in the mid 80's. Plus it kind of sounds fresher in its appraoch - like you can tell the songs are still really young and emergent.

The far better quality of the New York shows is almost beyond belief. We get to hear Scotts snare and highhat! Still getting over the recording quality of them. Many thanks to Danny Fields for his insight on recording them all those years ago. How it is that Elektra didn't bother recording them is just bizarre from our perspective 38 years later.

The packaging layout is good and tastefully done with some great photos although my one gripe is that the construction of the spine and its connection to the insides. It looks like it will require delicate handling forever lest the inner pages rip. I like a bit of durability with stuff so please in future make things a bit more robust. The t-shirt is good too - coming to grips with the large orange lettering!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Hahaha, dude.... I did the EXACT same thing ! hahah. I was hoping he had missed the package and would come back and deliver... no luck. Maybe tomorrow.

Exact same here also!!

Has anyone in the U.S. got theirs yet?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
lolakelly

lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 am

[quote

Has anyone in the U.S. got theirs yet?[/quote]

NO! grrr!
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:20 am

Nothing to report from mid Michigan. Hoping for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:28 am

23rd Express wrote:
Mine has arrived. Took a while and 6000 odd views on this thread but thanks EA - presently enjoying the Detroit 13.4.71 show. I think I like this one the best even though the original tape obviously had aged and molted a fair bit. I kind of like the grungy nature of it. Reminds me of listening to all those '73 shows for the first time back in the mid 80's. Plus it kind of sounds fresher in its appraoch - like you can tell the songs are still really young and emergent.

The far better quality of the New York shows is almost beyond belief. We get to hear Scotts snare and highhat! Still getting over the recording quality of them. Many thanks to Danny Fields for his insight on recording them all those years ago. How it is that Elektra didn't bother recording them is just bizarre from our perspective 38 years later.

The packaging layout is good and tastefully done with some great photos although my one gripe is that the construction of the spine and its connection to the insides. It looks like it will require delicate handling forever lest the inner pages rip. I like a bit of durability with stuff so please in future make things a bit more robust. The t-shirt is good too - coming to grips with the large orange lettering!

Every show is just great, the bass sounds fantastic on my hifi system, Jimmy Recca is a great player for sure. It's funny that the vocals on the songs themselves are so low, cos when Iggy is chatting between tracks he sounds really clear. This is just a minor gripe, I would love these tracks even with no vocals at all. At the end of a couple of tracks they really go into the most beautiful proto-industrial freakout. Love it!

Like you say the set is delicate, when you put the cds back in their sleeves you have to be careful as this puts pressure on the spine. In fact what I'm thinking of doing is contructing a custom box (of the Japanese mini lp cd type) specially to hold the book and the CDs separately in cloth sleeves. Once it's done I'll post a pic.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 am

mc wrote:
23rd Express wrote:

Every show is just great, the bass sounds fantastic on my hifi system, Jimmy Recca is a great player for sure. It's funny that the vocals on the songs themselves are so low, cos when Iggy is chatting between tracks he sounds really clear.

Like you say the set is delicate, when you put the cds back in their sleeves you have to be careful as this puts pressure on the spine. In fact what I'm thinking of doing is contructing a custom box (of the Japanese mini lp cd type) specially to hold the book and the CDs separately in cloth sleeves. Once it's done I'll post a pic.

Buy some double or quadruple jewel cases. Whenever there is fancy packaging I immediately transfer the CD's to regular jewel cases for no other reason than convenience of fitting them neatly and symmetrically into my numerous plastic storage tubes. It started out with CD racks, but once my collection hit over 400 discs they just became impractical. I have other plastic storage bins in which I keep the fancy packaging. Every once in a while I'll be listing to the music and get the urge to dig out the fancy package in which said music was housed and peruse it once again. Fortunately, most of the time they make the booklets the correct size for the jewel cases. The Heavy Liquid, MC5 and SRB booklets all fit nicely into a quad-jewel case. Bottom line, with most fancy packaging if you ultimately wanna keep it nice and fancy you really don't want to shove it in your CD rack or overly handle it.

Last edited by ElRoi on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:50 am

Well ok but I want to construct a thing of beauty to hold the amazing music within, we'll see how it turns out. lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:07 am

mc wrote:
Well ok but I want to construct a thing of beauty to hold the amazing music within, we'll see how it turns out. lol. Smile

I'm sorry, I never intended to disparage your custom made packaging idea. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Maybe it will inspire me to do something more that the multi-disc jewel cases.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:18 am

My copy arrived today. I think it does depend on where you live in the UK as to how big the current postal backlog is.

The packaging is great, but it will need careful handling to avoid damage over time. It looks too good to want to see it fall apart. Alternatively, keep the CD's in jewel cases as suggested above.

As for the music - the wait has been worth it!
Considering these recordings are off 38 year old (!!!) cassettes, it's a miracle EA have managed to get them sounding this good. The vocals were not not always picked up well on whatever recording equipment was originally used, but the band, especially the guitars, sound consistently awesome. And like the advert says: "Not a fuckin' piano in sight."

All involved at EA should be rightly proud.
I'm already looking forward to the fan club CD, plus whatever else they get their hands on. I'd love to see them give the Wylde Ratttz recordings the release they deserve.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Still nothing in Canada.
But it's all coming together...week-off work...new Halo game...girlfriend out of town....bottle of expensive scotch....loathsome neighbours moved away...just missing one thing.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Mail will be here in a couple hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Has any of you others in the US gotten the mail for today yet ? Did it arrive ?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:49 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Mail will be here in a couple hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Has any of you others in the US gotten the mail for today yet ? Did it arrive ?

Another day has come and gone Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 pm

damn, mail dosen't come here for another hour, I might aswell give up hope for today now... Sad
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:38 pm

international orders were sent out monday. check here for international delivery times from u.k. http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400033&mediaId=400036
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Carlton said a couple comments ago (right on this thread) that "cd only orders were sent out globally on Friday" mine was a cd only... no t-shirt.... he said t-shirt orders went out monday. So that means mine would have shipped friday...
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:57 pm

And still I sit and wait for my precious to arrive. However, I did get my Live in L.A. '73 CD today. About to rip it and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 am

ElRoi wrote:
And still I sit and wait for my precious to arrive. However, I did get my Live in L.A. '73 CD today. About to rip it and enjoy.

I'm sure you will. This gig was my first exposure to the Stooges - double pink vinyl. It's still one the best.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:35 am

mc wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

I'm sure you will. This gig was my first exposure to the Stooges - double pink vinyl. It's still one the best.

Listening through earphones right now. This actually does sound pretty damn good. Just imagine if you had a time machine and went back to all these incredible performances with a multi-track DAT recorder. Hell, just a decent portable 8 or 16 track analog recorder of the period would have been enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next