Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Easy Action Releases

Go down 
+3
jpstooges
andrew
Cato
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cato

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-06-05

New Easy Action Releases Empty
PostSubject: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 pm

andrew and Gummo2020 like this post

Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Have they been listed there long?

The 16th September 1973 show that's on the vinyl has been released several times before, of course, although it looks like this one probably isn't sourced just by copying a previously release of it. I think the tape I have of the show has between song chatter that's cut out of the CD release (or at least the one I have - the 1988 CD on Revenge) so maybe that's on this one too, if they've gone back to a tape source.

The CD boxed set looks great! Surely it hasn't been release though (yet)? I haven't seen any reference to it anywhere else, and I want one! I hope it's a forthcoming release. Disc 3 and 4 have a fair bit of unreleased stuff from the Whisky on there, and it'd be great to get some live stuff I haven't previously heard, hopefully compiled with some care and attention to detail too.
Back to top Go down
Cato

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:22 pm

andrew wrote:
Have they been listed there long?

The 16th September 1973 show that's on the vinyl has been released several times before, of course, although it looks like this one probably isn't sourced just by copying a previously release of it. I think the tape I have of the show has between song chatter that's cut out of the CD release (or at least the one I have - the 1988 CD on Revenge) so maybe that's on this one too, if they've gone back to a tape source.

The CD boxed set looks great! Surely it hasn't been release though (yet)? I haven't seen any reference to it anywhere else, and I want one! I hope it's a forthcoming release. Disc 3 and 4 have a fair bit of unreleased stuff from the Whisky on there, and it'd be great to get some live stuff I haven't previously heard, hopefully compiled with some care and attention to detail too.

The stooges box theatre of cruelty has been put back to the new year

andrew likes this post

Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 5:12 pm

The "Live At The Whisky A Go Go" RSD 2xLP was a major disappointment, IMHO. It's from a different and much better source than the previous CD/LP, but some heavy processing has been done, and it sounds exactly like a very low bit rate mp3.  Not that bad when the band is playing, but between tracks you can hear a constant weird "swirly and metallicy" noise that is really annoying. My .02$.

andrew likes this post

Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 1:06 pm

thanx for the head's up.
looking forward to knowing the content of the Fire of Life release at EasyAction's convinience !

elvis plebsley likes this post

Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 am

This one is also on the way:

http://easyaction.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=807

Probably nothing new, but worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2021-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Easy Action Releases
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: