Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions

Go down 
+7
studioguy
Radiobirdman73
Petrie Terrace
trailerborn
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
RRHF2010
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RRHF2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Empty
PostSubject: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am directing the archival research for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions that are taking place March 15 in New York. If you've seen the broadcasts on VH1 or FUSE from years past you will probably remember that we do a series of short films paying tribute to the given Inductee and this year is no different.

While we've lined up Cincinnati Pop, the Leni Sinclair material--as well as another piece of 8mm film--we can certainly use a lot more from the early years through the Raw Power period. I saw some old postings in your great forum detailing material that we'd absolutely be interested in knowing more about.

We're ultimately looking for the best quality, preferably from the person who shot the material or can represent the rights, but would consider copies that might be a generation or so down.

You can write to me here or to musictvguy@hotmail.com

Many thanks...

Larry Yelen
Director of Archival Research
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 2010
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

Talk to Ivan Kral. He's got the '73 Academy of Music footage.
Back to top Go down
RRHF2010

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Many thanks, Teddy. I've sent a note off to Ivan and hope that he's interested in participating.
Do you know who might have a reasonable copy of “Goose Lake International Music Festival” from 1970, which I've seen referred to here on the boards. The Inductions are, in my opinion, are very, very long overdue honor for the group and I'm trying to do the very best by them...
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I know this is only a link to a clip but maybe it'll help point you in the right direction...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31ind_iggy-pop-the-stooges-hari-krishna-h_music
Back to top Go down
RRHF2010

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks Sweet_Sixteen. That Krishna footaginge is unbelievably trippy and I was worried Iggy was going to show up with a shaved head, beating a tabla. Fortunately that wasn't the case and the actual footage of the band was killer...
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Assuming you're a genuine RRHOF rep with the associated industry clout, you might want to:

1. Check with the estate of Danny Fields re: a possible complete, audience-shot '70 concert.
(Just old rumors on my end, but from a fairly reliable source).

2. Contact Rodney Bingenheimer and/or Kim Fowley.
A snippet of footage showing Iggy hanging at Rodney's English Disco was shown in the 'Mayor of Sunset Strip' movie. Perhaps there's more. I doubt it would take more than an invite to the RRHOF ceremony to get Fowley involved.

3. Contact Dick Clark productions.
A 73/74 Iggy audio interview w/ Dick Clark has been included with a few bootlegs. At one point, Iggy says 'I like that camera'. Perhaps there's footage.

4. VH1 have shown that live '70 footage (no sound) in various docs. This is the footage belonging to a purported Chicago collector who rents it out to record shows etc. Might be worth it to check with VH1.

Just a few leads. I'm just a fan and don't know more than what I've posted.
Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Assuming you're a genuine RRHOF rep with the associated industry clout, you might want to:

1. Check with the estate of Danny Fields

Trailerborn, I'm guessing you meant to write Danny Sugerman?
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
trailerborn wrote:

1. Check with the estate of Danny Fields

Trailerborn, I'm guessing you meant to write Danny Sugerman?

Danny Fields was the guy who signed the Stooges and later managed them after Jim Silver left. Very likely he could have had footage (although he's sadly no longer above ground).

Danny Sugarman was the Doors super groupie teeny bopper (Manager?) who wrote the "enhanced" bio No One Get's Out Of Here Alive w/ Jerry Hopkins.

From what I've ready - the only involvement Sugarman had with Iggy was hooking him up with Ray Manzerak and possibly "managing" Iggy right before he checked himself into the mental institution.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 pm

RRHF2010 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am directing the archival research for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions that are taking place March 15 in New York. If you've seen the broadcasts on VH1 or FUSE from years past you will probably remember that we do a series of short films paying tribute to the given Inductee and this year is no different.

While we've lined up Cincinnati Pop, the Leni Sinclair material--as well as another piece of 8mm film--we can certainly use a lot more from the early years through the Raw Power period. I saw some old postings in your great forum detailing material that we'd absolutely be interested in knowing more about.

We're ultimately looking for the best quality, preferably from the person who shot the material or can represent the rights, but would consider copies that might be a generation or so down.

You can write to me here or to musictvguy@hotmail.com

Many thanks...

Larry Yelen
Director of Archival Research
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 2010

Larry - could you let us in on what we might see next week? I'd be interested to hear if you've located any Stooges footage that this group at large was previously unaware of. Good luck - excited to see your work.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

[quote="Radiobirdman73"][quote="Petrie Terrace"]
trailerborn wrote:
(although he's sadly no longer above ground).

I thought Danny Fields was still alive?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah, sorry .... I meant Sugerman. He died a few years back, but thankfully Mr. Fields is still with us.
Back to top Go down
NY Pussy

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 am

Sorry if you've seen this before, but there is an excellent series of Danny Fields interviews from last year here: http://www.staythirstymedia.com/200907-035/html/200907-danny-fields-int-1.html

"DF: Well...I think your thinking more of Iggy (Pop). Jim wasn’t as bad as they make it seem. Even if he did have to take his cock out to get remembered some times. But he was a master performer. He was a genius...a lousy poet...but a genius as a star. "
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:55 am

When he says Jim there NY he's on about Jim Morrison.
Back to top Go down
NY Pussy

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 am

Shit! I'm an ass!! Great interviews, anyhoo
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 am

trailerborn wrote:
Yeah, sorry .... I meant Sugerman. He died a few years back, but thankfully Mr. Fields is still with us.

Huh - that's good news - I thought for sure I read in Please Kill Me that Fields was dead. Always good to still be alive - please excuse the error
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Danny Fields is definitely alive,I just met him at David Johansen's show on NYC on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, he's probably going to want Beacoup bucks for any footage, or maybe just a few tix, LOL!
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm

i hope the Stooges don't show up to this event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions
Page 1 of 1