Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release

Go down 
+25
Chris Moise
Nervousnorvus
dan b
jpod
mc
Garageman
adams66
Iguanas
gasman124
Rob Gallucci
larry fine
birchy
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom
homesickjameswilliamson
ElRoi
Shakes
Rode Hard
StoogesFan
Natalie
freemind
G, F#, E
Tyronehell
Petrie Terrace
Nadja
Donald
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chris Moise

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom wrote:
Rhino has the first album coming out in a limited edition with all remaining takes, I think there are as many as 5 additional takes of Little Doll, as well as Asthma Attack finally.

Fantastic news! I take it this is on Rhino Handmade? Hopefully Asthma Attack won't be a Cale mix. Do we know if Iggy sang live 'guide' vocals during basic tracks (like on Funhouse) or will the early takes be instrumental?
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Stooges - NYC Recording 1970   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Nervousnorvus,

Are you alluding that you have a tape of a concert from NYC circa 1970?
If this is so - whats on it? whats the quality like? It would be marvellous to know of more recordings 40 years after the fact.

Cheers,
E23
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Nervousnorvus wrote:
A couple of questions....
a) Concerning the Richards tape, there were five shows (I attended three), weren't they all recorded? I have a vague memory of I Got Nuthin' and possibly Rich Bitch being played during the stint.
b) Is Asthma Attack a real song, or a free form jam? Either way, I certainly looking forward to it when Rhino issues it. During one of their NYC shows (Roseland, I think) at one point in between 1970 and Funhouse they went into a free jam and Iggy seemed to be singing lyrics that included the words Asthma Attack over and over, could it be they worked it into the set? I have a a tape of the show on my hardrive, I'll try and pinpoint the spot and re-listen to it. Then again, it might have been at a different show since I've seen about eight post- reunion shows.

I'd love to hear that.
Back to top Go down
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Petrie-

I hope I can address everything that you asked about. The Georgia Peaches recording was edited back in 1974 to try and sell to radio, ala King Biscuit or something along those lines, again the reason why I had it. I also had copies of the shows that become the newest Easy Action releases, and for the most part, I never though much about any of those recordings, as even with Heavy Liquid, I played it once or twice and isn't something I revisit often. I probably hadn't listened to the Richards recording for 15 years. I had been looking for Ford Auditorium show for that long, and knew that Sony would love to do a Legacy Edition, so when the tape seemed interesting to the Stooges...Larry Steele is the mutual friend I have been referring to, after I talked to him a number of times about where he got the tape, etc. he mentioned a friend of his, blah, blah, blah, is it really all that important? Bruce Dickinson also had a copy of the recording for as many years, he never felt it was worthy of a Sony relase either, until I mentioned that I might know where to find the master. Larry had the exact same tape I had, edited dialog to fit to radio, edited audience...around this time another friend of mine, David Tedds, mentioned an archive house in Atlanta that had a bunch of Richards' shows, it was a matter of good timing all around, that simple. Larry had no knowledge of Joe Neil, and Joe has also told me that only the one show was recorded, the Thursday night early set. As I might have eluded to earlier, there were a lot of things in play, and much of it just comes down to just business and timing.

As far as what Sony issued as a press release, I believe the gentlemen that worked that up also had a copy of the very same tape, was the quote something about heavily bootlegged? I can't endorse or defend those poetic liberties, but I can say Iggy doesn't have a stash of anything. Ron on the other hand had tons of stuff, all kinds of tapes from just about every band that he ever played with, even predating the Stooges.

Obviously, I am not trying to be dismissive if I am making the effort to clarify. I hope this helps some.

I now have to go watch one of my favorite bands be honored by the establishment who've finally recognized what we have all known for so long.

God bless the Stooges, God bless Ron Asheton!

ATTENTION! SALUTE!
Back to top Go down
http://robertmatheuphotography.com
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 am

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom wrote:
Petrie-

I now have to go watch one of my favorite bands be honored by the establishment who've finally recognized what we have all known for so long.

God bless the Stooges, God bless Ron Asheton!

ATTENTION! SALUTE!

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: deluxe box price   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 pm

[deleted stuff about Raw Power shipping costs that belongs to another thread]

Is there any definite news on the Ungano's release date?
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

I have heard the remastered Legacy "Raw Power", the drums are louder, its cleaner but i was disappointed, its not that different to the original US cd (Columbia CK32111) i have.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Nervousnorvus wrote:
A couple of questions....

b) Is Asthma Attack a real song, or a free form jam? Either way, I certainly looking forward to it when Rhino issues it. During one of their NYC shows (Roseland, I think) at one point in between 1970 and Funhouse they went into a free jam and Iggy seemed to be singing lyrics that included the words Asthma Attack over and over, could it be they worked it into the set? I have a a tape of the show on my hardrive, I'll try and pinpoint the spot and re-listen to it. Then again, it might have been at a different show since I've seen about eight post- reunion shows.

Yeah - i'd like to hear more about this show too? Any hints?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power legacy edition UK press release   Raw Power legacy edition UK press release - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power legacy edition UK press release
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3