Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!

Go down 
+45
davidh
Luzern
Donald
Mighty High
ggriffin
liam studebaker
andrew
gazatthebop
Nick LaRocca
jpstooges
jerrythebarman
sweet_sixteen
sway
osterbergermeister
nkdlunch
captain
Loose1969
sizeable bulge
G, F#, E
freemind
ad_hoc
Radiobirdman73
c-deep
TeddyB1018
Monger
morepower
Natalie
Rob Gallucci
weed_killer
ziggy
23rd Express
rabid_fish
ChuckN
homesickjameswilliamson
the5thramone37
TED
Petrie Terrace
napalm_cheetah
stooges
Hectorlovesthestooges
heavy liquid
Garageman
adams66
mc
larry fine
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:39 am

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You KNOW I'm all over this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
c-deep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Blood, shattered glass, swasticas - just some of the things one of the most wild, unpredictable and dangerous rock bands of all time shoved in the faces of stunned audiences. Recorded at the very peak of the drug fueled madness and self-abuse we give you..."Have Some Fun". A delightful, gay romp of a disc filled with plenty of gosh-darn catchy sing-a-longs you can't half swing to!
cheers
You know, if Rhino ever need a promo writer...
Back to top Go down
captain

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am

Have some fun...in the house...it's the FUNHOUSE!
Finally Ugano's here! Hopefully...
I wonder if we have a live album here ready to match the unbelievable Metallic KO!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Maybe the title could be better, but as long as Rhino get the sound quality right , then it should be amazing to finally hear this line-up.
YWMA, Popped and Ungano's provide some heavyweight additions to the pre-RP Stooges back catalogue. Hallelujah for that!
Back to top Go down
nkdlunch

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 am

Found this on the Rhino site re: Complete Funhouse Sessions.

http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/the-stooges-complete-funhouse-sessions

Does anyone know if this is the same copy that described the previous set from 1999?
Or is this a new description? Will this actually be remastered again?
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 am

If you ordered the 1st LP box in the spring with the screwed up CD's, remember that Rhino sent out a promotion code ("Funhouse") to use when ordering this:

From their e-mail 4/23/2010:

As our way of making it up to you, here's a special promo code. We can't tell you what it's for just yet, but hold on to it, because as a Stooges fan, you're going to be glad you have it in a few weeks. Here it is: FUNHOUSE

Steve

Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:50 am

Now that I think of it, they may only apply it to the Funhouse box reissue. Who knows?
Steve
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 am

Glad it's being released, finally. Even if I'm not one to (typically...) pay for live recordings. Esp. those coming from audience members. It always feels kinda like a slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
http://media.rhino.com/release-info/have-some-fun-live-ungano%E2%80%99s

Sick pics...1970 - the year rock n roll died and was reborn as the Stooges!
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:34 am

im very excited to hear this,lame title or not
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 pm

So it's October 25th and I don't see that Rhino is doing anything about this... when can we preorder this???
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:57 pm

I deliberately left it late in the day to allow U.S. time to kick in just in case no details would be posted before Rhino's staff got into work today, but I can find no reference to this at all on the Rhino site. The new version of The Complete Fun House Sessions is there however.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm

I never knew about the first release of the Funhouse sessions until it was to late. Would love to have the re-release but 119.98$ sound like a kind of a steep price?
Do anybody remember what the first release costed?
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

What is more expensive? this album or popped?
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Hey Chuck, I don't remember exactly how much the original cost, but it was at least as much as the reissue is listed at, perhaps a little more ? I remember that, in total, it cost me about $220 Canadian. Of course, that was when the Canadian dollar was really weak against the U.S. dollar. Shipping was a big chunk, maybe $25-30. I don't think you'd be paying more than those who bought the original paid, though.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 pm

@Krys
"Popped" is much cheaper than "Funhouse Sessions".

@Jerry
Thanks a lot for the information! Smile
Guess this will be an inner struggle, the musical-value vs the collectors-value.. In the end will probably go for it, if the money is there Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 602213
The Unganos is a no-brainer of course
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm

The box was originally $119 in December 1999 (box dated 2000).

I just got an e-mail from Rhino about the releases!
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Check Rhino website, you can hear samples from Ungano's now!
Back to top Go down
Nick LaRocca

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Anyone know if these sets will be available through the new revamped rhino.co.uk site? I see they finally got around to selling the collector's edition of the 1st album
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 UNGANOSSTOOGESCOVER
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Just ordered it and got $4 off with the FUNHOUSE discount code
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Same here. Was pleasantly surprised by the low price. 20$ - 4 I can live with. Here's for a hopefully well made legendary album Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 747941
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 pm

tried to order mine and a pop-up box says i have entered an incorrect discount code and empties my basket....i haven't entered a discount code!!!!
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:47 pm

tried again on another computer, got past the discount code error message but its saying my card validation number is incorrect (it isn't)....tried again with a different card and same validation number error message........

can someone post the link to piratebay when a flac upload is posted?....Grrrrrrrrr

(UPS to the uk sounded a tempting deal @ $76 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next