Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ungano's arrived today

Go down 
+35
Guima Ramone
runningfromthepain
neven
andrew
nkdlunch
jerrythebarman
ashitanoramen
ChuckN
studioguy
NickZah
Luzern
elvis plebsley
Rob Gallucci
Mr. FunBoy
Monger
MJG196
Donald
dtklamf
gazatthebop
rokyforever
IGGYDANZIG
KarlR
popmansam
Hectorlovesthestooges
Mighty High
Garageman
Chris Moise
ggriffin
Natalie
totenkopf
davidh
mc
sizeable bulge
specotron
larry fine
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 am

Photos from ebay:

Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 F35fcbd218c826255b49e717b2270131
Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 25fb9c0020a03fce6a4c50a722d5fa0f
Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Da09dc3fc4de67b63f33018a6d8114d8
Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 B886d5c30ea9f801638348704de2bbeb
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Just received mine (it took five days to Virginia). I'm very pleased with everything - the Easy Action-ish extras (photos/ad repro), Lenny Kaye's essay, the very strong coated cardboard sleeve, and the "slimline" box.

As for sound fidelity, I think it is very comparable to the Velvet Underground: Live At Max's Kansas City. Essentially, it's a bootleg made on a reel-2-reel sitting on a cocktail table. There are a couple muffled drop-outs, but other than that you can hear every element of the band easily (except for a second guitar); there's no ear-straining here.

It is entirely possible there is a second guitar in that final track (Have Some Fun...), but I couldn't make it out.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:45 pm

i put pics up and they were removed, the essay is on the reverse side of the poster.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:23 am

I got mine today!!
Scott was REALLY on fire!! I don't think I'm hearing two guitars, but Zeke is very good on bass
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

studioguy wrote:
I got mine today!!
Scott was REALLY on fire!! I don't think I'm hearing two guitars, but Zeke is very good on bass
Was missing that 2'nd guitar too.. Can anybody confirm Billy Cheatham was playing that night? Pretty sure I've heard he was
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Anyone else in the UK still waiting?
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 pm

if it doesn't arrive, rhino sent me out a replacement last time...eventually.
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:43 pm

I have received today. I ordered it on 29 November, has come quite quickly, considering that there have been few holidays in between. Sounds great for it was recorded, I love it. Once the artwork is weak compared to the popped, and only a picture of Ron, in all other single Iggy, no stooges ...Luckily we have the wonderful photos of Natalie that appear on the Popped.
I also only heard one guitar in the recording, a penalty, I would love to hear Bill.
Have some fun/My dream is over is very cool, I don't know if is the Way Down In Egypt song, I also like to know it.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Just a little useless bit of info but I had it confirmed that the people talking on track 1 "He puts meat on his body and everything!" was on the original Unganos tape, not sourced from elsewhere. Natalie did you get yours yet? Maybe you can identify some of the voices? Danny Fields?
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 am

Patti Smith is the principal female voice, apparently. I think that was already mentioned on here, maybe I'm thinking of a different board. I think Danny Fields confirmed that. It does sound like her, too, and like type of things she would say ie. "He's a baby Mick Jagger", etc.
Back to top Go down
nkdlunch

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 am

Yeah, I'm sure that it's Patti Smith who's loudest in the first track. She also says something which I can't make out, during one of the sax solos on the last track at about 5:37 or so.
Anyone able to figure that out?

I also agree with IGGYDANZIG. I think the packaging is way cool. Could have been a boring digipack, but they went for a cool little custom box, reprint newspaper clipping (printed both sides-nice touch) 2 glossy b & w repro pictures, another sleeve for the disc and a fold out poster.
Sure, not as great as Popped, but Popped costs 3 times as much and isn't mass produced like this.

Not sure if people are spoiled by all the nice Stooges stuff that came out this year, but the packaging on this is way above avg., compared to a regular cd release. Its actually something I think Rhino should be commended for. (There has to be at least one thing!)
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Received mine today...the first track I heard was "my dream is dead" (or whatever it's called) and it totally fried my brain!!!!! awesome
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 pm

elvis plebsley wrote:
Anyone else in the UK still waiting?
Yes, I am.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm still waiting too ,but overhere(holland )we had a postal strike.
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Finally arrived in the North East UK - I guess it was the snow that held it up
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 am

Rhino got the sound right but they sure screwed up on the title. Iggy is clearly saying "heavy score" and not "have some fun".
Back to top Go down
runningfromthepain

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:55 pm

finally got my copy today. I have to say that loose and down on the street as well as t v eye are awesome! the last two stand up as among the most mental maddest of all stooges recordings - and believe me ive got so many ive lost count
Back to top Go down
Guima Ramone

Guima Ramone

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Just received mine!!! no words!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 am

Mine finally arrived today. If it wasn't for the snow I'm sure it would have arrived days ago.
Listening to it now. Nice.
Back to top Go down
dk

dk

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 pm

I tried to order this (from UK), and the only shipping option was Rush at $82. Anyone else have this problem?

I requested Rhino to look into it, they are checking.
Back to top Go down
jdb1982

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:55 am

I was listening to this on headphones today and on Down on the Street there's a clicking sound at the 2.09-2.10 mark. Anybody else have that? I can't tell if it's from the source tape or if my cd has a error. My cd does have some light scratches from the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:13 pm

To the frenchmen (and women) : Ungano's is at Gibert in Paris for 29 euros.
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Unganos lands   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm

I now finally have my copy of Ungano's. I've waited decades to hear this. Its excellent. What a band they were back in the day. Around this time Miles Davis thought he had gathered together "the best rock n roll band in the world", well I think he was checking out something equally as good on this occasion if this was the night he went down to check them out.

The whole deal is expensive though and the packaging it was sent in is incredibly wasteful. Why send a cube box and 'air pillows' when something smaller, tighter and more compact would work just as well? Ridiculous. Now I can see why the postage was so expensive.

Anyway that aside, very pleased to have this. Listening to 1970 as I type this. Total chaos, blow Steve!! Brilliant!
Now if Danny Fields has some recordings from 1969 he's sitting on...

New York Pavilion 1969 f' instance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ungano's arrived today
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3