Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ready to die album stream

Go down 
+24
popmansam
heypeter
Loose1969
Luzern
berlinberlin
neven
Lucas
WE WILL FALL
StoogesFan
heavy liquid
trailerborn
StoogeFan
Pop Stüge
homesickjameswilliamson
iggy-fan
Nadja
freemind
studioguy
stooges
loranpop
ChuckN
stubellis
gazatthebop
Borntohula
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Ready to die album stream Empty
PostSubject: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Perhaps not the most glorious way of listening to it (which would be vinyl or live). Still worth a listen.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/21/177510247/first-listen-iggy-the-stooges-ready-to-die#playlist

Feels a bit like a follow up to Kill city. Only shame is that it doesn't come with Cock in my pocket, I got a right and Open up and bleed, songs who'd done a great job replacing 3-4 songs on the album.

My fav this far is gun. Great riff and fun lyrics.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Scared to listen!!
Back to top Go down
stubellis

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 pm

half way through it, loving it so far!!!!! any news of a UK tour?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/stu.bellis?ref=tn_tnmn
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:24 pm

London Royal festival hall...sold out
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Holy cow, how good are James? This didn't turn out bad after all, Burn is by far the worst track on the album. Ready to die album stream 430814
Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey, not so bad !!! I agree : Burn is the worst one. Why did they choose this one ? Ready to Die or Gun would've been better for me.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 am

This is a much better album than weirdness, but I feel that 50% of songs are rip offs.covers.

but even so I think it's a good album, there's really few good songs

Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:03 am

I agree with that !
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

stooges wrote:
This is a much better album than weirdness, but I feel that 50% of songs are rip offs.covers.
The best riffs are ripped off "Raw Power" and "Loose", but at least they rip off themselves. Had no expectations for this(Must admit I expected more of the new Bowie album Embarassed) so don't think new versions of their old songs were the worst that could happen, at least not compared to the abortion named the Weirdness. No Blink 82 in sight, and not too much hard-rock, thank god. Most of Williamsons riff's are surprisingly dirty and unpredictable, those who aren't lifted from old Stooges songs.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 am

I'm really liking it all especially Sex & Money, Gun and the title track.
I don't know how, but James really got the Raw Power guitar sound on a few tracks.

It really sounds like they worked on the songs for quite awhile as opposed to the Weirdness which sounds like they wrote and recorded it on a weekend.

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 am

ChuckN wrote:
stooges wrote:
The best riffs are ripped off "Raw Power" and "Loose", but at least they rip off themselves. Had no expectations for this(Must admit I expected more of the new Bowie album Embarassed) so don't think new versions of their old songs were the worst that could happen, at least not compared to the abortion named the Weirdness. No Blink 82 in sight, and not too much hard-rock, thank god. Most of Williamsons riff's are surprisingly dirty and unpredictable, those who aren't lifted from old Stooges songs.

I was thinking more iggy phrasing, text similarity. Mainly Dirty Deal,Beat That Guy.

But it's a good album, just bothers me a little of a lot of songs reminds me of something else. Although their old albums also bears some similarity to other groups (raw power = Stones, Little Richard), but it was almost indistinguishable from the original source of inspiration for the average listener.

Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 pm

I really like "unfriendly world" but for the moment I need to hear the whole album many times before any comments.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Agree entirely with freemind.
thanks for posting the link Borntohula.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

I think it´s a good mix of pure rock and some more calm down songs.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Here's a rundown of who's on the album (I'm not sure if this is the complete list) nice to see Scott Thurston on there

More info
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:17 am

excellent, was hoping even just that they would drop another song before it released

have to agree with the statements above, sound is excellent, good songs, i actually really like burn so that being the weakest by some makes this pretty good to my ears, feels very much like a follow by the guys that made kill city / new values rather than raw power but thats fine

good diverse sound too, hope it gets marketed properly and does well for them, cant wait to hear some of these tracks live

Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 am

Ready To Die gets my seal of approval!
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 am

Just listened to the whole thing and thought it was really good. It is great they can put out an album this strong after so many years. Long live The Stooges. cheers
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:58 pm

After many listenning I'm not disapointed. The best rockin tracks is "Gun" and "Dirty Deal" pur williamson's style,
love it. The incendiary "Burn" and the heavy "Ready To Die" are great too.

The quiet tracks are one of the best Stooges's works in my opinion (for that kind of songs). "Unfriendly World" is a
magnificent song. Same thing for "Beat That Guy" and "The Departed". I need to find the lyrics !
The only weak track in my opinion is "DD's" the rest is great, specially the last track who brings a beautiful conclusion to this record.

My only disappointment is that ther's no "Cock In My Pocket" or "Open Up And Bleed". I always dreamed to hear a proper version
(I still keep my bootlges despite the quality). But overall it's a great record. Vive les Stooges ! What a Face

Last edited by freemind on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Been listening to it a couple of times now, and it's still growing. No need to skip any tracks or something like that (which definitely is the case with Weirdness). I'v even learnt to listen to DD. No matter how silly the song is, it still got some saxophone action.

By the way. Listening to this live ver. of Gun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EaZXMBhEsw Really makes me hope there's some follow up to Metallic KO and Telluric Chaos on it's way. Sounds amazing. Iggy in live-mood and the sax elevates the song. Same thing with Burn live. Would make a perfect third of those 2 live album.

With for example a set list like this from Sydney it'd be perfect.

Raw Power
Gimme Danger
Burn
Gun
Funhouse
L.a. Blues
Night Theme
Skull ring
Beyond The Law
Johanna
Kill City
Search & Destroy
Cock In My Pocket
I Wanna Be Your Dog
No Fun
Penetration
I Got A Right
Pretty Face Going To Hell
Open Up And Bleed

I'v given Skydog on facebook heads up about it. Please do join in on having them tape a third live album with Stooges Wink
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 pm

'Burn' & 'Ready to Die' are the standouts imo. Very nice, snaky riff on the latter.

Great production from Williamson.

The Sax and some of the tracks are a bit too "House of Blues"-y generic for my current tastes, but I'll give 'em another go in a few years.

I only wish they could've stolen Scott Thurston from Tom Petty for rhythm guitar/keys/arrangement purposes. He's a great player that could've kicked the more mid-tempo songs up a notch or two.

Of course I will buy the album, see the tour etc....
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

I've read that Scott T was on it

trailerborn wrote:
'Burn' & 'Ready to Die' are the standouts imo. Very nice, snaky riff on the latter.

Great production from Williamson.

The Sax and some of the tracks are a bit too "House of Blues"-y generic for my current tastes, but I'll give 'em another go in a few years.

I only wish they could've stolen Scott Thurston from Tom Petty for rhythm guitar/keys/arrangement purposes. He's a great player that could've kicked the more mid-tempo songs up a notch or two.

Of course I will buy the album, see the tour etc....
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Where did you read that Studioguy?

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:38 pm

heavy liquid wrote:
Where did you read that Studioguy?

I read it here link

Petra Haden also on backing vocal and Toby Dammit (Larry) percussion
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 pm

According to Wikipedia there is a bonus track on the Australian version of this album: "Dying Breed".

Anyone know anything about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_to_Die_(album)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready to die album stream   Ready to die album stream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready to die album stream
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next