Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

iggy solo gigs

Go down 
+17
manelcat
Luzern
neven
Perdu
gupio
dnlkmnd
Donald
woody
homesickjameswilliamson
james matlock
jimmyo
Winnerloser
Pop Stüge
jacqui_A
Lucas
fabrice
adams66
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 pm

For the first time in years and years Iggy is playing some solo shows, as the support act for some of the Foo Fighters UK shows next year.

http://www.foofighters.com/news/uk-dates-announced-the-foos-to-return-to-the-uk

I wouldn't be surprised if more dates start to appear as he wouldn't put a band together for just a handful of shows surely? And I wonder who will be in his band? Toby and Mike must be likely contenders, but I'm guessing he'll need a new guitarist as I can't see James playing unless it's a Stooges show.

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:12 pm

thanx for the info ! great ! who knows it could still be Iggy + James...some Stooges shows were still occasionaly introduced as Iggy Pop concerts !
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:44 pm

I would love to see Iggy solo songs live again. So if there really won't be any Stoogesgigs for a while, tis will work for me.
Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-05-18

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:50 am

I'll be at the London one for sure!
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 pm

I'd leave after the Iggy set, just like I did in 1987 when he opened for the Pretenders.
Back to top Go down
Winnerloser

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-06-04

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:38 pm

It's a pity he won't play the songs like Isolation/Easy Rider/Neon Forest anymore. And it's a pity the best drummer of his accompanying band (Alex) died in a such awful way.

Pop Stüge wrote:
I'd leave after the Iggy set, just like I did in 1987 when he opened for the Pretenders.

Which concert did you attend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.anthonytupchy.forumbook.ru
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 4:07 am

Nashville Tennessee, was at Vanderbilt University and I drove there in a ice storm from 200 miles away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Pretenders, and was fortunate enough to see them 2 nights in a row in Atlanta, GA in 1981.
Back to top Go down
adams66

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 am

Pop Stüge wrote:
Nashville Tennessee, was at Vanderbilt University and I drove there in a ice storm from 200 miles away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Pretenders, and was fortunate enough to see them 2 nights in a row in Atlanta, GA in 1981.

That made me smile!
I loved the original line-up of the Pretenders too, their first album is superb.
But the pedant in me feels compelled to point out that "Don't Get Me Wrong" was a hit around the time that Iggy was supporting the later version of the Pretenders, in early 1987... Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 2:40 pm

iggy solo gigs Cheeky11 Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 am

The BEST news I've heard in ages.

I love his solo stuff. Before he cashes it in (for good) he needs to give a "proper tour" of his solo catalog.

It's the final "missing piece of the puzzle" before he rides into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:18 pm

I have my tickets for wembley!
He did tell us last year that this year was radio and 2015 is solo Iggy!
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:16 am

Would love to see this turn out as the Idiot/Lust for Life tour he talked about.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 pm

got tickets for wembley, very much looking forward to it (even if i am up in the nosebleeds...)

i couldnt believe it when someone text me that ig was playing, sans stooges, as much as i love the stooges, i am very very excited and curious as to what this will be

it will be great to hear his solo stuff, if thats what he does, maybe its just the usual 'people know who iggy is, not stooges' but it appears to be solo which is great news.

I was crestfallen as we all were by Scott's passing, i'm still not sure how to process it, it signalled the true end of the stooges for me, a band i have invested so much of myself in and i was upset at the potential loss of that power live, i haven't experienced it with any other music live, its like a re-birth every time, maybe a tad melodramatic but thats what it feels like

whatever this ends up being i'm glad Iggy is pushing on and i'm especially glad and grateful to be a witness to it
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:33 am

Take it from someone who has seen Iggy perform solo since 1980, his gigs are incredible. Just not sure if he can pull off the same magic at his current age.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Not the same magic, no way. Different magic is the best that we can expect. I'd like to see him perform different stuff, new stuff. Screw playing the old stuff for the new fans, play something new for the old fans! Smile

Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for smaller London dates.
Back to top Go down
adams66

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 11:51 am

jacqui_A wrote:
I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for smaller London dates.

Me too Jacqui, me too.

I'd be surprised if Iggy comes over to the UK just for these Foo Fighters gigs. It would make sense for him to play some other shows too.

I can't be doing with Wembley and all that stadium bollocks. I can't see the artist, I'm surrounded by people who don't care about the music, it takes years to get in and out and it costs a fortune.
Nah, not interested in all that.

Give me a small venue any day, one where I can actually see the musicians with my own eyes, rather than on a massive screen.
Best gig I've seen in years was at the Borderline in the summer - roughly 150 people watching a brilliant show from Tim Bowness from No-Man. No fuss, no queues, excellent sound. Marvellous.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:04 pm

I won't be going to Wembley either. Kentish Town Forum would be nice though, someone make it happen!
I expect he'll be concentrating on promoting his last two solo albums Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 pm

No other gigs anounced yet? Just the gig with closure by the foo fighters?
Back to top Go down
dnlkmnd

dnlkmnd

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-04-25

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down
gupio

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-07-16

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Whose gonna play with Iggy?
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 am

Hopefully something in summer in the USA
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 6:49 am

Perdu wrote:
His new solo band: http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/news/county-news/iggy-pop-invites-local-musician-to-play-in-band-1-6444884

I got this from the article:

Kevin Armstrong, who moved from London to St Leonards a little over a year ago, last performed with American singer/songwriter Iggy Pop in the eighties and says he is thrilled to have been asked to be in his band again.

In addition to being asked to play alongside the legendary rockster, Iggy also put his trust in Kevin to hand pick his band for the Wembley gigs and Kevin says he is looking forward to starting rehearsals with the line-up comprising of Seamus Beaghen on keys and 2nd guitar, Scottish bassist Ben Ellis, Mat Hector on drums, and Paul Weller (Madness and the Blockheads). Paul said: “I am really happy with my guys and looking forward to working with them.”

Does anybody know what tour (or tours) Armstrong performed on in the 1980s?

Have any of the other musicians listed performed with Iggy previously? And, if so, when?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Kevin Armstrong & Seamus Beaghen played with Iggy on the 1986 Blah Blah Blah tours of the USA and Europe and in 1987 as opening act for The Pretenders in the States and then a Japanese tour and a UK/European tour which were mainly festivals. Check out the pro-shot video for Iggy Live at the Ritz 11/14/86.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iggy solo gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: iggy solo gigs   iggy solo gigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iggy solo gigs
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next