Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!

Go down 
+2
wailingsoul
Gummo2020
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

Very interesting, i'm try to check it!
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 11:32 pm

When disc one of the TOC set was first released on the Heavy Liquid box set many years ago I didn't pay it much mind. I dismissed it as lo-fi filler. There was more interesting, higher fidelity stuff like an unreleased Morgan Theatre rehearsal. End of story.

But with this release I decided to revisit it with an open mind. And I was rewarded in kind. This is an incredible performance , one of the band's best. The great thing about these Whisky recordings is that they have a very egalitarian mix. Unlike the Raw Power album, which I love, but where Ron was buried in the mix , every member is as prominent as everybody else and has a chance to shine. And Ron is one damn fine bass player. This is a BAND.

wailingsoul likes this post

Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 am

slow extinction wrote:
When disc one of the TOC set was first released on the Heavy Liquid box set many years ago I didn't pay it much mind. I dismissed it as lo-fi filler. There was more interesting, higher fidelity stuff like an unreleased Morgan Theatre rehearsal. End of story.

But with this release I decided to revisit it with an open mind. And I was rewarded in kind. This is an incredible performance , one of the band's best. The great thing about these Whisky recordings is that they have a very egalitarian mix. Unlike the Raw Power album, which I love, but where Ron was buried in the mix , every member is as prominent as everybody else and has a chance to shine. And Ron is one damn fine bass player. This is a BAND.

That's for sure! Unique piece of history! I'm listen this concerts day by day... I have a very big music library, but this place is very unique and special for my heart & mind! I'm already created a rip of all Stooges shows, released by Easy Action and full Iguana Chronicles serie from BOMP! and put it to my player in permament!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2