Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We will Fall

Go down 
+17
G, F#, E
Angusyd van Hyman
Loose1969
Lee de Parade
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
all-vox-man
lcb
Borntohula
Rode Hard
JW82
Nadja
sheddy
MJG196
Paul T
homesickjameswilliamson
eusebioneto
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

We will Fall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:44 am

Quote :
And it's a gazillion times better than the Doors My Wild Love.

Thats a greats song!!

I love that song, great album too, i really like it, theyre equally good, you have to be in a mood for we will fall, most listens depending on how much time i have i would skip it but i love it

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:55 am

I've really tried to listen to it all the way through...just can't do it. Laughing

But since everything else on the album is great, who cares?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:49 am

The bass and guitar (which sounds more unearthly than ever, and with no less impact for being quiet) CERTAINLY make this track worth listening to. Don't know if anyone actually likes that viola though.
Back to top Go down
Lee de Parade

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:30 pm

I like the viola.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:15 pm

I like the viola too, adds a gd bit to it, im not sure it fits into the whole chanting thing, but i think it works
Back to top Go down
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Sorry to bring this topic up again... I was just wondering about the background vcals on We Will Fall : does anybody know who exactly sang them ? Was it only Dave, Ron and Scott, or did others sing too (Iggy, John Cale...) ? I tried to listen to it loud, to distingish the different voices, but couldn't, except that on the "ran ja ja ran" part, a kinda plaintive voice is noticeable (Dave?).
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

I think its just Dave, Ron, Scott and Iggy doing the backing bits. I think Iggy chanted as well as it wasn't recorded live in the studio.

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
L.A. Blues is where the "I am you" came from...it's at the very end of the song.

Serious? Lol, i'll have to listen again, musta missed it, though i dont pay much attention to it when it comes on, thanks

Yeah right at the end Iggy says "I am, I am, I am you"

And I like "We Will Fall" helps if you're not exactly sober though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Angusyd van Hyman wrote:
Sorry to bring this topic up again... I was just wondering about the background vcals on We Will Fall : does anybody know who exactly sang them ? Was it only Dave, Ron and Scott, or did others sing too (Iggy, John Cale...) ? I tried to listen to it loud, to distingish the different voices, but couldn't, except that on the "ran ja ja ran" part, a kinda plaintive voice is noticeable (Dave?).

I've always wondered about this as well. I like what you say about Dave possibly sounding like the 'plaintive' one Smile
Back to top Go down
Billias1988

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm

we will fall is the most mezmerizing song i have ever heard
Back to top Go down
nick

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:15 am

it's pretty lame if you think it's one of their worst songs.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 am

Loose1969 wrote:
I've really tried to listen to it all the way through...just can't do it. Laughing

Really??? I've listened to the song all the way through numerous times! I like it.

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Yeah I think its great.
I gotta admit it's a 'grower' you have to be in the right mood i think. but then i do love the velvets too.
maybe if it was at the end of the record...

even tho i really like it i usually do forward past it if i'm listening to the album in my car. just cuz its such a change in energy from "dog".
I NEED TO KEEP RAWKIN MAN!!!
;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:35 pm

cheers more people like We Will Fall!

When this thread started a lot of people seem to dislike the song.
It gave me the idea that if you like it you really must be a weird hippie or somethin.
Also the Stooges themselves didn't like the song so much. It was a 'Dave' song. a filler for the album.

For me when i heard it for the first time the song was a statement that the Stooges seemed broader influenced with their music. Which made me curious for more. Well.. but it was just a chance of circumstance that it was released.. had not much to do with a certain music attitude the Stooges were developing. slight bummer.
Anyway.. I like the drone quality of it.. it's monotones.. a very pleasant change to listen at.. like gettin stoned in 10 minutes without the side effects What a Face
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 pm

ZinZin wrote:
:

Also the Stooges themselves didn't like the song so much:

didn't they? I remember reading about Ron saying that other people don't like it but that he was proud of the work he did on it
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 pm

Iggy's said that he quites like it to. I don't know what Scott says of it but then again Scott doesn't say much about anything Laughing They must have been a bit happy with it they did take it into the studio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We will Fall   We will Fall - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We will Fall
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3